Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It’s war!

I always assumed Apocalypse was speaking metaphorically when he called the horsemen his children. Now that I know he had a wife, they might actually be his biological kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I always assumed Apocalypse was speaking metaphorically when he called the horsemen his children. Now that I know he had a wife, they might actually be his biological kids.
    Seems like it read "Mother Of Horsemen..."

I can't see who else their father could be(assuming we are actually talking "Biological" mother...)

Spectacular Member

I am sure it will be explained later but why are the Horsemen attacking the last watch tower and leading a demon army toward Krakoa? Shouldn't they be defending it against the demon hordes sweeping toward Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    I am sure it will be explained later but why are the Horsemen attacking the last watch tower and leading a demon army toward Krakoa? Shouldn't they be defending it against the demon hordes sweeping toward Krakoa?
    Maybe when Genesis (ex wife of Apocalypse) lost the battle to Annihilation, the horsemen became devoted to her instead, for some reason. Survival of the fittest? An agreement to keep Genesis alive somehow? Let's see.

This looks so good... I'm loving the art and the design for the Horsemen. War is my absolute favorite.

Is the mummy famine or pestilence? It's a she, he or them? hehe

Loving the anticipation for this. Will this be a normal issue or a bigger one?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Soooo the Horsemen are working for the demons now?
    The Summoner is not a trusty source. I bet he tricked Poccy into thinking they needed rescuing when actually they just wanted a clear path to invade Otherworld and then Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Wait... So Amneth is located in the Otherworld?

Larraz's art looks stunning as always.
    I don't know why Other world was even connected to this. Seems unnecessary and confusing.....
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From X-Men #2

spoilers:
    That's why •-[A]-• has been adamant about opening a gate in Otherworld and sent Summoner through it in the latest X-Men.
    end of spoilers

Just a reminder that this week's Excalibur and X-Men are preludes to the crossover that starts with this issue.
    https://static2.cbrimages.com/wordpr...p&w=740&h=1137
    Oh the demons numbers are dwindling. Missed that somehow. Calling it now, they dont want to kill mutants, they want to add them to their army as demons.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by deus ex View Post
    This looks good.
    Been looking forward to this event.
    Where any of these horseman in x-men 12?
    THey all appeared but no lines.

Amazing Member

Wait... So Amneth is located in the Otherworld?

Larraz's art looks stunning as always.
    Arakko was trapped in the Amenth demonic dimension. There's a chasm between Otherworld and that place. Only a Summoner can make a bridge through it. That's why he asked Apocalypse to open the External gate. Now they have free pass from Amenth to Otherworld and then most likely Krakoa.

Death looks wonderful.
    Everyone's speaking in their 'high fantasy epic' voices.
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I don't know why Other world was even connected to this. Seems unnecessary and confusing.....
    I concur. The X-Men have always had the mystical side but this seems excessive and overly convoluted even by mutant standards. I'm hoping for a data page and a flow chart to easily explain wtf all this is really about, dimensional positioning, etc. At least it's gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Oh the demons numbers are dwindling. Missed that somehow. Calling it now, they dont want to kill mutants, they want to add them to their army as demons.
    I think it's the Summoners who are dwindling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

The initial story tells us that Apoc threw Arakko into the fallen world of Amneth to seal the "chasm between two worlds", but now the preview saying that the horsemen are in the Otherworld which seems to suggest at least some connection between the two... Or maybe they only reached the Otherworld through other means like they were able to sent Summoner to earth. Idk
    It looks to me like a story where Apocalypse's horsemen may turn against Apocalypse.Like I lean towards the Cryptic last two caveats of X-Men 12 , One is rumour that Apocalypse purged Arakko to remain sole survivor of that gen , the other is that he was under control of another power and strangely they show the horsemen on that very panel(where that is mentioned) It could be that if he willfully to fight Amenth sent his horsemen as as his lead generals to fight and they switched sides by being in Amenth for so long.Or maybe the force that controls the horsemen always wanted Arrako destroyed and so they are doing its bidding.

Now I remember a Sinister secret hinting that Apocalypse is waiting for his horsemen to return and they are his favourites, so either that is his long game to use Arrako and them to take over the world or he maybe has cast his lot with Krakoa but his horsemen are looking at him as a traitor to the cause of the greater power they serve. The key is to know who this power is... This all said is just a tip of the Iceberg, we have powerful factions against each other like in Game of Thrones, Annihilation( don't know if he is one of the horsemen or leads them instead of Apocalypse in Amenth), the white sword and his 100 immortals, Isca the Mystique of Arrako ...Mouth watering..

The only mistake was not including Selene in this storyline..I'm still holding out for Hickman to throw us a bone that Selene herself is the progenitor of some non mutant but mutant like species maybe the Neo...that would be amazing

I'm confused by the fact that they're on Otherworld already and that Saturnyne (?) didn't answer their call before.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm confused by the fact that they're on Otherworld already and that Saturnyne (?) didn't answer their call before.
    Yeah, the Otherworld part confuses me, but then again, that's likely why Excalibur was one of the key books for the build up to this crossover, and why Apocalypse's biggest role so far is in that book.