Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think it is kind of dumb. Just because an actor died after the movie. yes it was close to after but still. He defined Black Panther. Okay good. Chris Reeves Defined Superman but they still recast him. He suffered a bad injury (Yes a while after his movies) still they recast him. he is dead they are still recasting him. How many actors in the past have died and they still recast them for a remake years later. it doesnt matter to me if an actor died a year after a movie or 20 years. It is kind of a dumb call to me. But to be honest if any Black Panther movie does no do well then they will go back and recast Tchalla. I really have no interest in seeing a Black Panther movie with out the character in it.

They didn't make another super man movie for like 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Doesnt matter. it was still recast. Why does it matter if a person was dead a couple years or a decade or more? it doesnt. it is killing off a good character for no reason. I get saying Well we wont have him recast in the next movie. But to say never? That is dumb.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Doesnt matter. it was still recast. Why does it matter if a person was dead a couple years or a decade or more? it doesnt. it is killing off a good character for no reason. I get saying Well we wont have him recast in the next movie. But to say never? That is dumb.

I think you have to put things in context.

If Daisy Ridley would have died after the first new Star Wars movie do they just recast and go on? I don't think so. If Harrison Ford died after Empire Strikes back do they just recast him for Return of the Jedi?

I think you have to put things in context.

If Daisy Ridley would have died after the first new Star Wars movie do they just recast and go on? I don't think so. If Harrison Ford died after Empire Strikes back do they just recast him for Return of the Jedi?
    Since he didnt really want to be in Return of the Jedi I would say it doesnt matter on Ford. And as for the other. Yes Recast. The Actors do not own the characters they play. I have no problem with a company saying "Well the actor died. But we wrote a couple movies and have big plans for the character not the actor. Lets move on."

And I am sure if the Black Panther Movies do not do well with out Tchalla they will recast him any way.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Since he didnt really want to be in Return of the Jedi I would say it doesnt matter on Ford. And as for the other. Yes Recast. The Actors do not own the characters they play. I have no problem with a company saying "Well the actor died. But we wrote a couple movies and have big plans for the character not the actor. Lets move on."

And I am sure if the Black Panther Movies do not do well with out Tchalla they will recast him any way.

People were pissed with Han Solo being recast 35 years after Return of the Jedi. Come on.

If Chris Evans would have died after civil war there is no freaking way they would have recast Captain America for Infinity war.

People were pissed with Han Solo being recast 35 years after Return of the Jedi. Come on.
    Are you talking about Solo? I thought the problem folks had with the movie was the length + Maul tease (wanted more of him not just a tease).

If Chris Evans would have died after civil war there is no freaking way they would have recast Captain America for Infinity war.
    Im just saying I wouldnt have had a problem with it. Some people do. Thats fine with them. I enjoy Tchalla as Black Panther. I dont have an interest in someone else as Black Panther in a movie. And with Ford didnt have to recast. Wasnt the plan to kill him off for Return of the Jedi? if Chris Evans died after Civil War and they recast him. I would have been fine with that.

They have a whole multiverse with variants and Moore interestingly used the term “MCU 616”, so maybe they can do more with the character with projects outside of the main MCU. Maybe a movie set in its own universe like with the upcoming Batman film. Or better yet drop a variant of T’Challa in the main universe.

But I have a feeling that this movie is gonna divide the fandom by the time it comes out. Like bro. It took y’all mere minutes to make the decision?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Im just saying I wouldnt have had a problem with it. Some people do. Thats fine with them. I enjoy Tchalla as Black Panther. I dont have an interest in someone else as Black Panther in a movie. And with Ford didnt have to recast. Wasnt the plan to kill him off for Return of the Jedi? if Chris Evans died after Civil War and they recast him. I would have been fine with that.
    Harrison wanted to die in empire. But they were not just gonna replace the character with a recast if he didn't want to come back.. And you would have been fine with the recast I get that but as many people who are upset one way would have been upset the other. I know some characters being recast have worked out ok. But there are certain ones that it just doesnt work. Its would be like recasting Neo after the first Matrix. I mean it sounds like oh ok. But really?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They have a whole multiverse with variants and Moore used the term “MCU 616”, so maybe they can do more with the character with projects outside of the main MCU. Maybe a movie set in its own universe like with the upcoming Batman film. Or better yet drop a variant of T’Challa in the main universe.

But I have a feeling that this movie is gonna divide the fandom by the time it comes out. Like bro. It took y’all mere minutes to make the decision?
    I took the "never recast" to mean no cheats, either, namely somehow there will be no T'challa variants.

Ultimate Member

Agreed 100%.

Incredible Member

IMHO it’s the right call. Don’t interpret “never” to actually mean never.

In this current version of the MCU, the current folks in charge have decided it best not to recast. 10-15 years from now, it’s going to be different leadership in place and most likely the MCU as a whole will be rebooted. Every role will be recast at that point.

Doesn’t just apply to Boseman - there are several actors that would be almost impossible to replace if they didn’t continue for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    IMHO it’s the right call. Don’t interpret “never” to actually mean never.

In this current version of the MCU, the current folks in charge have decided it best not to recast. 10-15 years from now, it’s going to be different leadership in place and most likely the MCU as a whole will be rebooted. Every role will be recast at that point.

Doesn’t just apply to Boseman - there are several actors that would be almost impossible to replace if they didn’t continue for any reason.
    Assuming T’Challa won’t be an afterthought in his own franchise by that point.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Yeah, but Superboy ran from 88 to 92 with two actors playing Clark, Lois and Clark ran from 93 to 97, and Smallville ran from 2001 to 2011.

So, during the 19 years between Quest for Peace and Returns there was 4 actors who played the character for a total of 13 of those 19 years and there were multiple attempts to make a Superman movie during that time. Clark Kent wasn't shelved as a character just because Reeve left the franchise so the comparison doesn't work.

Incredible Member

Has Marvel spoken to Chadwick's wife to ask her what she thinks he would want?