Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Everyone in the MCU will be recast...eventually. All the current actors will one day be too old. Hollywood won't stop trying to sell these characters, though.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Well its not exactly like Adam west or other recasts. He died. Adam West lived till he was 90 or whatever. So its not the same thing. The real question is has there been a recast of a character that we can remember who died in a show or movie so soon after? I don't recall, but maybe there has.
    Yes Andy Whitfield was recast by Liam McIntyre in the Spartacus tv series after Whitfields death from stage IV Hodgkins lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Has Marvel spoken to Chadwick's wife to ask her what she thinks he would want?
    No. But his brother had an interview last December saying that he’d be ok with a recast but doubts that it will happen because Hollywood doesn’t want to see Black men as kings.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    No. But his brother had an interview last December saying that he’d be ok with a recast but doubts that it will happen because Hollywood doesn’t want to see Black men as kings.
    I remember pointing that out and suddenly you had people saying who gives a damn with Chadwick's brother has to say. Let that sink in.

Well, not YOU, you were there, lol but everyone else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Has Marvel spoken to Chadwick's wife to ask her what she thinks he would want?
    If anyone would've known what he would've wanted it definitely would’ve been her. They should’ve have asked her. I would like to know what she would want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    If anyone would've known what he would've wanted it definitely would’ve been her. They should’ve have asked her. I would like to know what she would want too.
    Meh, she’s probably not even worried about the movie right now and thinking about the man himself. I think she should be left alone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Heath ledger did a great job as The Joker. he nailed it. But he died soon after. Did anyone ask his family before the recast the Joker? Did anyone say when he died they will never Recast The Joker? So why is it different for Boseman? Why do they need to ask his wife? Do we need to wait 8 years to recast Tchalla like they did Joker? Then it will be okay? I just dont understand why this is the huge deal to recast an actor?

Edit Heath died in 2008. Suicide Squad with Leto Joker started filming in 2015. 7 years. Is that the mark we have to wait?
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-16-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Heath ledger did a great job as The Joker. he nailed it. But he died soon after. Did anyone ask his family before the recast the Joker? Did anyone say when he died they will never Recast The Joker? So why is it different for Boseman? Why do they need to ask his wife? Do we need to wait 8 years to recast Tchalla like they did Joker? Then it will be okay? I just dont understand why this is the huge deal to recast an actor?
    Definitely see what you’re saying. However in the age of social media, emotions tend to get amplified. One thing is certain, if things end up going sideways then Disney might just have to put their foot down and remind everyone who owns the IP.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Definitely see what you’re saying. However in the age of social media, emotions tend to get amplified. One thing is certain, if things end up going sideways then Disney might just have to put their foot down and remind everyone who owns the IP.
    I do see the emotion. Chadwick did a great job with the role. I want him recast but I will admit it would take some getting used to seeing some one else play the role. And he was a really good man. No one had anything bad to say about him before his death, no scandals, no one talking about him being a jerk on set. But everyone is acting like Disney does not have the right to recast him and they for some reason need permission from everyone from his wife and family to the guy who mowed his lawn on the weekends. And Disney is buying into it for lets be honest PR reasons because it makes them look like they are giving into the wishes of the fans. If the fans made a huge deal about wanting him recast that is the way Disney would be going.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I do see the emotion. Chadwick did a great job with the role. I want him recast but I will admit it would take some getting used to seeing some one else play the role. And he was a really good man. No one had anything bad to say about him before his death, no scandals, no one talking about him being a jerk on set. But everyone is acting like Disney does not have the right to recast him and they for some reason need permission from everyone from his wife and family to the guy who mowed his lawn on the weekends. And Disney is buying into it for lets be honest PR reasons because it makes them look like they are giving into the wishes of the fans. If the fans made a huge deal about wanting him recast that is the way Disney would be going.
    The irony of the PR thing is that more people have come out in support of a recast after that interview. Nate Moore just poured gas on the fire because it’s been a whole year since Boseman’s death and therefore more people have finished going through their five stages of grief. If he did this a year ago he would’ve been in the clear since the death was recent but now Marvel no longer has fresh grief to hide behind. And the calls for recast are gonna grow for the simple fact that the more time passes, the more people are going to heal from the tragedy and become open to the idea of a new guy playing T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

The irony of the PR thing is that more people have come out in support of a recast after that interview. Nate Moore just poured gas on the fire because it’s been a whole year since Boseman’s death and therefore more people have finished going through their five stages of grief. If he did this a year ago he would’ve been in the clear since the death was recent but now Marvel no longer has fresh grief to hide behind. And the calls for recast are gonna grow for the simple fact that the more time passes, the more people are going to heal from the tragedy and become open to the idea of a new guy playing T’Challa.
    Well then yea I got nothing on why they arnt doing it then.

Mighty Member

Meh, she’s probably not even worried about the movie right now and thinking about the man himself. I think she should be left alone.
    I agree. that's a pretty hurtful question for a widow... whether it's meant to be or not.

honestly, based on the interviews I've seen with Boseman I think he would be in favor of recasting. T'Challa is a cool character... and I don't think it's reasonable to demand that they never recast the character.

although I haven't followed the news or anything on this one... I -still- think that the most logical thing would be to have Winston Duke take over the role directly through the character M'Baku. he was already a contender for the title (aka fought T'Challa for it, lost, and did so with honor). besides, Winston Duke's a good actor too.

Astonishing Member

T'Challa is probably the most important and popular black character in the Marvel comics and films. Keep him alive onscreen. Cast another actor.

Astonishing Member

Well we know people are coming out for the recast. But remember also that more people being vocal one way or another doesnt mean more people support it. I personally am fine either way.

I'd make a prequel about T'Chacka. Could easilly make an entire movie about what went down between him, Klaw and his brother/Killmonger's dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think for most of the Avengers they're going with legacy characters over recasting.

We know for sure that Sam is taking over for Captain America. Jane is at least sharing the Thor mantle if not flat out taking it over. Marvel has confirmed that we're getting a She-Hulk TV series... and I believe Kate Bishop is confirmed for the Hawkeye TV show. I'd bet money we're getting another Black Widow in the Black Widow movie. So really, the only original Avenger at the time who doesn't have a replacement is Iron Man.

Even for the next generation of marvel super heroes, there's potentially Shuri for Black Panther and perhaps even a grown up Monica Rambeu for Captain Marvel and Cassie Lang for Scott down the line.

I think the MCU is looking like a very well oiled machine, which is ready to replace old parts with new ones. Again, that doesn't necessarily mean T'Challa needs to be replaced NOW... but I think the option seems to be a built in part of the design for most of the marvel charcters at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Everyone in the MCU will be recast...eventually. All the current actors will one day be too old. Hollywood won't stop trying to sell these characters, though.
    You know how we still get old geezer Indiana Jones and Rambo movies? I kinda figure in 25 years, theres a good chance we'll get geezer versions of Thor, Star Lord and Doctor Strange. They might also reboot, or keep recasting Bond style to keep the actors young. Or a mix of all of them, they're making Ghostbusters sequels while also doing the female reboot at the same time right? It's impossible to predict when theres such a vast amount of time between now and whenever the passage of time starts creating these changes. But if they kill off T'challa offscreen in the sequel, and make replacing him an even bigger line in the sand than it already is. Then I'm not counting on seeing him again in the next 20 years.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-16-2021 at 09:25 PM.