Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 98
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Question is just if they have got the budget for that.

    If you look at the other Superhero TV Shows characters require that kind of CGI (like for example Steel in Legends of Tomorrow) rarely transform and if they do it than usually only for a very short time or in or in scenes with dim light.
    So I can answer this one this is the trailer to Wandavision



    The Disney Marvel show can have budget up to 150 million dollars that is about the cost of movie. If you need to know how expensive a show can go GoT was 15 million per episode I think they had 6 episodes the final season which was 90 million they spent on that season. The Mandalorian has budget about 15 million per episode as well.

    The general thing that happens is early streaming service shows will be a little pricey because they are trying to sell the service,Netflix had some ridiculous budgets on their shows. Marco polo was 90 million per season. Sense 8 and Alter Carbon have 8 million per episode cost. The estimate cost per episode of Flash is 3 million and somewhere between 50 to 69 million per season.

    The point is these thing aren't the same
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-20-2020 at 06:55 PM.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You can adjust how large a person appears in the frame by using different lenses and where the actors stand relative to one another. These days, a lot of film sets will be using these visual tricks so the cast can social distance yet appear close together. They don't need to throw away all their budget on computer imaging.
    The Lord of the Rings movie, where the 2nd tallest person in the cast (John Rhys-Davies) played *the dwarf* Gimli, tends to showcase this. They used practical effects entirely for making Gimli and the hobbits look shorter than the rest of the cast, and quite successfully.

    That said, they'll use CGI like crazy, I'm sure. She's a tiny little thing, and if they were going to go with practical effects entirely, I imagine we'd have been seeing Gina Carano painted green or something.

    Although it'd be hilarious for them *both* to play the character (one as Jennifer Walter, the other as She-Hulk), like Bill Bixby playing Banner and Lou Ferrigno playing the Hulk. I don't think audiences would go for it, these days. (Seeing multiple actors playing the same character in Altered Carbon, for instance, doesn't seem to have worked all that well, since the show got cancelled.)

  3. #63
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Disney Marvel show can have budget up to 150 million dollars that is about the cost of movie. If you need to know how expensive a show can go GoT was 15 million per episode I think they had 6 episodes the final season which was 90 million they spent on that season. The Mandalorian has budget about 15 million per episode as well.
    And the Mandalorian had iirc still not much CGI, and nothing on the level that would be required for the Hulk.

    And I'm not sure that She Hulk is getting the budget of Wanda Vision (a show with actors from the movies and that's very likely setting up future movies).

  4. #64
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Again the price range of Marvel shows,

    . Recent reports indicate that Marvel is spending just as much money on its Disney+ shows as it would on movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: around $100-150 million per season. And with each season ranging form 6-8 episodes, that would mean that each episode of a Marvel show on Disney+ could have a budget between $12 and $25 million.
    For context

    Apple

    Apple reportedly plunked down $300 million to produce two 10-episode seasons of The Morning Show, according Bloomberg. Each episode cost upwards of $15 million.
    is also spending between $15 million and $17 million per episode on Jason Momoa’s See. The tech giant doled out a full series order for one eight-episode season of the sci-fi dystopian drama. Apple is reportedly funding the third miniseries collaboration between Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, Masters of the Air, for $20 million per episode,
    Amazon
    The Lord of The Rings TV show will be the most expensive series in history.

    According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming Amazon series is expected to have a $1bn budget.
    Netflix
    The Crown - $130 Million Per Season
    The Get Down - $120 Million Per Season
    Marco Polo - $90 Million Per Season
    Stranger Things - $6 to $8 Million Per Episode
    Altered Carbon - $7 Million Per Episode
    Sense8 - $9 Million Per Episode
    Again the baseline we are using is Flash which average about 3 million a show but it is 23 episodes so about 70 million. So Flash overvall budget put on these marvels shows which are 6 to 8 episode at 70 million they would be looking way better than anything on Flash or CW for the simple fact the CGI isn't be rushed because of the time crunch and you can spend more money per show. At 70 million it is about 8 million dollars for 8 episodes which is on the high end .We have no reason to assume that Marvel is going to go cheaper on these shows. I don't even think the CGI is that challenging considering She Hulk has normal human portions.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-21-2020 at 03:43 AM.

  5. #65
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    They do manage to have two different actors playing the same characters for Robotman and Negative Man in DOOM PATROL--with Brendan Fraser and Matt Bomer doing the voice acting and portraying their characters pre-accident, while Riley Shanahan and Matthew Zuk do the body acting. However, their mouths don't have to move with the voices, so it's easier to pull off. I doubt they'd try to do this with She-Hulk--although I'd like to see them give it a shot.
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  6. #66
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They do manage to have two different actors playing the same characters for Robotman and Negative Man in DOOM PATROL--with Brendan Fraser and Matt Bomer doing the voice acting and portraying their characters pre-accident, while Riley Shanahan and Matthew Zuk do the body acting. However, their mouths don't have to move with the voices, so it's easier to pull off. I doubt they'd try to do this with She-Hulk--although I'd like to see them give it a shot.
    Or...they could have just cast Ronda Rousey painted her green and saved a ton of cash and had an actresses with far more name recognition that they could use shooting tricks on to make her appear shorter before she becomes She-Hulk and taller after the transformation. and they wouldn't have to use so much CGI.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  7. #67
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Or...they could have just cast Ronda Rousey painted her green and saved a ton of cash and had an actresses with far more name recognition that they could use shooting tricks on to make her appear shorter before she becomes She-Hulk and taller after the transformation. and they wouldn't have to use so much CGI.
    That seems a bit penny wise, pound foolish. It really wouldn't be saving money if the show tanks because the lead actress is bad at the acting part of the job. From the things I've seen her in, she would be a terrible choice as an actor, and I don't think she even fits physically either - Shulkie (up until recently) had been depicted as statuesque and fit, not bulky. Also, she might have some name recognition, but isn't she known for fighting with her fans? I don't follow fighting, but to me (part of the target audience for this show) that's her rep. If you like her, to each their own, buy I trust Marvel when it comes to their casting choices and I like this one. I also trust them with their gameplan for how to pull off her look. I don't imagine they're looking to pinch pennies when it comes to that.

  8. #68
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They do manage to have two different actors playing the same characters for Robotman and Negative Man in DOOM PATROL--with Brendan Fraser and Matt Bomer doing the voice acting and portraying their characters pre-accident, while Riley Shanahan and Matthew Zuk do the body acting. However, their mouths don't have to move with the voices, so it's easier to pull off. I doubt they'd try to do this with She-Hulk--although I'd like to see them give it a shot.
    This is a very different situation from Robotman and Negative Man. In that situation you can have suit actors portray them on the show while having their voices be different people, but She-Hulk is much more physically exposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Or...they could have just cast Ronda Rousey painted her green and saved a ton of cash and had an actresses with far more name recognition that they could use shooting tricks on to make her appear shorter before she becomes She-Hulk and taller after the transformation. and they wouldn't have to use so much CGI.
    Ronda Rousey couldn't pull off Sonya Blade, I doubt she could pull off She-Hulk.

    I think the only way they would've gone away from the CG route is if this was on some network like ABC.

  9. #69
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a very different situation from Robotman and Negative Man. In that situation you can have suit actors portray them on the show while having their voices be different people, but She-Hulk is much more physically exposed.
    Hm, I thought I said that.

    Of course, if they computer animate She-Hulk--they're going to be looping in a voice actor anyways. And it's probably going to cost more money. It is possible to loop in a voice and make it match with a live actor's mouth--they do that a lot with computers now. Yet they can't erase Henry Cavill's moustache. So just how it all comes out in the wash is anyone's guess.
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  10. #70
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Hm, I thought I said that.

    Of course, if they computer animate She-Hulk--they're going to be looping in a voice actor anyways. And it's probably going to cost more money. It is possible to loop in a voice and make it match with a live actor's mouth--they do that a lot with computers now. Yet they can't erase Henry Cavill's moustache. So just how it all comes out in the wash is anyone's guess.
    It shouldn't be much different from how they handle normal Hulk.

  11. #71
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Tatiana-Maslany is the perfect choice for the mcu.

    Robert Downey jr asking for too much money for a cameo, get Tatiana to do it.

    Brie Larson getting into too many fights online, replace with Tatiana.

    Samuel Jackson too old to play nick fury, replace with Tatiana.

    Which will ultimately be replaced with the one woman show for avengers.

  12. #72
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, obviously, given her skillset from "Orphan Black," she could play Aurora who has (had? I haven't been keeping up) dissociative identity disorder.

    I'm happy to hear about this casting. Maslany is amazing and deserves something high-profile. (although Alison Brie would have been awesome too) I'm most curious now about how they plan to pull off She-Hulk's look. The thing about her character has been that she's traditionally where Professor Hulk was - totally comfortable with her Hulk self (though less so with her human self) and spends almost all her time in Hulk form. I wonder if they'll keep to that on the show.
    I don't so, this a TV show with a defined budget, having a CGI She-Hulk there all the time will eat into the budget, having her turn into She-Hulk at certain points in an episode is more cost effective.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That seems a bit penny wise, pound foolish. It really wouldn't be saving money if the show tanks because the lead actress is bad at the acting part of the job.
    That's your opinion. I don't think John Cena is that great of an actor but he was just cast as as Peacemaker. It just proves my point from earlier. We make exceptions for men but won't for women coming from similar backgrounds.

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    From the things I've seen her in, she would be a terrible choice as an actor, and I don't think she even fits physically either - Shulkie (up until recently) had been depicted as statuesque and fit, not bulky.
    This falls under opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also, she might have some name recognition, but isn't she known for fighting with her fans? I don't follow fighting, but to me (part of the target audience for this show) that's her rep. If you like her, to each their own, buy I trust Marvel when it comes to their casting choices and I like this one. I also trust them with their gameplan for how to pull off her look. I don't imagine they're looking to pinch pennies when it comes to that.
    Because no one has ever left WWE disillusioned That's a right of passage. That's not going to hurt her. I don't think Marvel is going to care considering that one of the writers on the show, Dana Schwartz has done nothing but antagonize the audience since the moment she landed on the project. It's not about pinching pennies, it's about saving money in one area so you have more cash to spend in others.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-24-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That's your opinion....
    Yes. I worded it as my opinion and that's what it is. Just as everything you're saying is your opinion. It's also a public forum for anyone to join in with their opinion. If you don't agree, you don't - I don't care. I was just stating my opinion. To reiterate the obvious is not a counterpoint.

    I think Rousey would be a bad choice - that's my opinion.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-24-2020 at 09:25 AM.

  15. #75
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes. I worded it as my opinion and that's what it is. Just as everything you're saying is your opinion, my opinion is mine - that's what a conversation is. It's also a public forum for anyone to join in with their opinion. If you don't agree, you don't - I don't care. I was just stating my opinion. To reiterate the obvious is not a counterpoint.
    So my point about how Hollywood doesn't offer woman who come from a sports/wrestling background the same career path that it offers men was completely lost on you?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •