Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1

    Default Tatiana Maslany Lands Title Role as She-Hulk

    Well I'll be.

    I became a fan of hers thanks to Oprhan Black. This is definitely going to be interesting.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    593

    Default

    she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg
    I don't think height will be a problem. Look at some of the mocap Josh Brolin did as Thanos. She'd have to walk around with a floating She-Hulk head probably like Brolin did:



    Or just use forced perspective whenever possible. Or a combo of the two.

    As for bulking up I'm sure she'll get in shape but she doesn't have to look like she's trying to win Ms. Olympia.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,346

    Default



    Great actress, ....combined with a great character.
    And yeah from the director they've chosen seems like it could be fun!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-18-2020 at 05:36 AM.

  5. #5
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,798

    Default

    Thats what I'm concerned with, how she's gonna look. Make up or CG. The actress is great though, I rather this then they cast some bodybuilder who can barely act.

  6. #6
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,613

    Default

    I don't see the need for her to bulk up, at least excessively so, when She-Hulk is probably going to be entirely CG. Otherwise where's the disparity between Jen Walters and She-Hulk?

  7. #7
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    she'll need to bulk up a bit, she's fairly short and she-hulk is supposed to be tall but i guess like hulk, she could be all cg
    The irony is that Jennifer Walters was originally presented as a smaller than average woman on the skinny side. The bigger than average Jenn is a retcon. In fact, the original version was a major part of why she reveled in her She-Hulk form once she had control of it. Having her start lifting weights was great for the fight against the Champion. Changing her height and basic build, not so much.

    I kind of hope they drop the whole sleeping around thing too. Granted, there's an element of the She-Hulk form causing her to have a more outgoing personality. I kind of hope they go back to something more akin to what she originally was because that has gotten to be a joke.
    This is what courage looks like.

  8. #8
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see the need for her to bulk up, at least excessively so, when She-Hulk is probably going to be entirely CG. Otherwise where's the disparity between Jen Walters and She-Hulk?
    That's my assumption too. Nowadays, the She-Hulk will be CGI. The actress and stuntwomen will undoubtedly do the scenes to provide the CGI team a literal and figurative model to work from but she doesn't need to bulk up any more than Mark Ruffalo did.

    Kind of reminds me of Bill Bixby joking around and saying that, while he jogged, he was diligently spending hours a day not doing pushups and not lifting weights and doing everything he could to make himself look smaller so that Lou would look even more impressive when he hulked out.
    This is what courage looks like.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The irony is that Jennifer Walters was originally presented as a smaller than average woman on the skinny side. The bigger than average Jenn is a retcon. In fact, the original version was a major part of why she reveled in her She-Hulk form once she had control of it. Having her start lifting weights was great for the fight against the Champion. Changing her height and basic build, not so much.

    I kind of hope they drop the whole sleeping around thing too. Granted, there's an element of the She-Hulk form causing her to have a more outgoing personality. I kind of hope they go back to something more akin to what she originally was because that has gotten to be a joke.
    I mean, it's Disney so she's not going to be sleeping around, but I think she should definitely be much more forward and flirty once she becomes She-Hulk.

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Excellent choice. I don't have a single worry about this casting.

  11. #11
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    887

    Default

    I'm not exactly a fan of the character, so I've been kind of watching for news on this project from the fringes. Hoping for something cool, but not really invested.

    But now this series has my attention. A stellar addiction to the MCU. Absolutely loved her on Orphan Black (even if that show got too weird for it's own good towards the end).

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Mixed feelings about this. The actress is amazing. Seriously, watch "Orphan Black", she's an acting goddess. On the other hand, I've always gotten a kind of Cher vibe from She-Hulk, and she doesn't have that Cher look to her.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,656

    Default

    I think you are going to get more practical effect than them always trying to do cgi. I think you are going to get a stage 1: Green Skin paint version and stage 2: CGI version when she completely hulk out. It is most cost effective method

    Side note just look up her height..Okay maybe it is going to be alot of CGI

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    256

    Default

    This sounds like a really solid casting. Orphan Black was probably great practice for a role like She-Hulk.

  15. #15
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    11,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see the need for her to bulk up, at least excessively so, when She-Hulk is probably going to be entirely CG. Otherwise where's the disparity between Jen Walters and She-Hulk?
    Exactly right.
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •