Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96
  1. #16
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    This sounds like a really solid casting. Orphan Black was probably great practice for a role like She-Hulk.
    I view Orphan Black to be great practice for a role like marvel comics' mutant Jamie Madrox: the Multiple Man...
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  2. #17
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,995

    Default

    The only time I read SHE-HULK was when John Byrne was writing and drawing it. And I only remember her being in her Shulkie form not transforming. And that's how I liked it. As She-Hulk, she was a bit taller and more muscular than others (a Marvel Big Barda), but green.

    I really don't care for computer generated and motion captured characters. Whenever possible, I would just like to see the actor playing the character on set--without that filter between me and the performance. But I do like Tatiana Maslany. Are there no Alpha Flight characters she could play? We never seem to get Canadian actors playing Canadian characters.
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The only time I read SHE-HULK was when John Byrne was writing and drawing it. And I only remember her being in her Shulkie form not transforming. And that's how I liked it. As She-Hulk, she was a bit taller and more muscular than others (a Marvel Big Barda), but green.

    I really don't care for computer generated and motion captured characters. Whenever possible, I would just like to see the actor playing the character on set--without that filter between me and the performance. But I do like Tatiana Maslany. Are there no Alpha Flight characters she could play? We never seem to get Canadian actors playing Canadian characters.
    Well, obviously, given her skillset from "Orphan Black," she could play Aurora who has (had? I haven't been keeping up) dissociative identity disorder.

    I'm happy to hear about this casting. Maslany is amazing and deserves something high-profile. (although Alison Brie would have been awesome too) I'm most curious now about how they plan to pull off She-Hulk's look. The thing about her character has been that she's traditionally where Professor Hulk was - totally comfortable with her Hulk self (though less so with her human self) and spends almost all her time in Hulk form. I wonder if they'll keep to that on the show.

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Mixed feelings about this. The actress is amazing. Seriously, watch "Orphan Black", she's an acting goddess. On the other hand, I've always gotten a kind of Cher vibe from She-Hulk, and she doesn't have that Cher look to her.
    She-Hulk will probably look a lot different than her civilian self.

    I mean, in the comics there is very little resemblance between Jen and her She-Hulk form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think you are going to get more practical effect than them always trying to do cgi. I think you are going to get a stage 1: Green Skin paint version and stage 2: CGI version when she completely hulk out. It is most cost effective method

    Side note just look up her height..Okay maybe it is going to be alot of CGI
    I think that would look really goofy unless it's just very briefly while she's in the middle of a transformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm happy to hear about this casting. Maslany is amazing and deserves something high-profile. (although Alison Brie would have been awesome too) I'm most curious now about how they plan to pull off She-Hulk's look. The thing about her character has been that she's traditionally where Professor Hulk was - totally comfortable with her Hulk self (though less so with her human self) and spends almost all her time in Hulk form. I wonder if they'll keep to that on the show.
    If she's not there by her first transformation, I assume she will be by the end of the series.

    I'm expecting a very brief "Savage" She-Hulk.

  5. #20
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,438

    Default

    I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode. Being She Hulk all the time and liking it is a big part of the reason people love the character (and why most hate the current savage She Hulk). She is supposed to be a fun character and I just have a bad feeling she is going to come off as Bruce Banner lite here all angsty and angry.

  6. #21
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode. Being She Hulk all the time and liking it is a big part of the reason people love the character (and why most hate the current savage She Hulk). She is supposed to be a fun character and I just have a bad feeling she is going to come off as Bruce Banner lite here all angsty and angry.
    That's not really the direction they went with MCU Hulk, so I kind of doubt they'll do it for Jen. The MCU can't really have protagonists who are too angsty that they can't quip.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    She-Hulk is such a great character. I am very curious to see how this show works out. I have not seen any of Maslany's work, but I have only heard good things about it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I view Orphan Black to be great practice for a role like marvel comics' mutant Jamie Madrox: the Multiple Man...
    You...just blew my mind! Tatiana Maslany as Jamie Madrox. Stunned.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, in the comics there is very little resemblance between Jen and her She-Hulk form.
    in the comics there is little resemblance between Banner and Hulk but they look nearly identical in the MCU

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am really worried for what direction they are going to take with She Hulk in the series. I am really worried they are not going to want to spend the money for the good effects on She Hulk and have her spend most of her time as Jen Walters instead with She Hulk only showing up a few minutes and episode.
    Although I doubt this will be a Lou Ferigno type of appearance per episode, its kind of a funny thing about actors. They actually want to appear in things they act in. Oddly enough, that aligns perfectly with most audience expectations.

    There's a reason that Iron Man, Spider-Man, Ant Man, Black Panther, and many others have masks that dissolve in and out of existence. It's so the actors can be seen at pivotal moments. How else would you explain Black Panther showing his face in the middle of a battle royal to tell Hawkeye "Give it to me." Or Iron Man removing his helmet just to snap his fingers.

  11. #26
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Phenomenal casting in terms of acting. She has proven she can handle the acting part. The rest is up to the writers and effects department to make it a hit.

  12. #27
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    in the comics there is little resemblance between Banner and Hulk but they look nearly identical in the MCU
    Really just facially because of mo-cap.

    I think Jen's hair actually gets longer as She-Hulk, beyond obviously turning green, but I'm not sure how consistent that is.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really just facially because of mo-cap.
    Previous incarnations of Hulk were mo-cap too. They looked nothing like Banner. Ruffalo resemblance was intentional

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    Previous incarnations of Hulk were mo-cap too. They looked nothing like Banner. Ruffalo resemblance was intentional
    Bana's Hulk was made to look like him facially. (even though it was Ang Lee doing the mo-cap I believe) Not sure about Norton's Hulk.

  15. #30
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    She-Hulk is such a great character. I am very curious to see how this show works out. I have not seen any of Maslany's work, but I have only heard good things about it.
    Well she was on a few seasons of the Canadian show Heartland and then an episode or two of The Listener, another show form North Of the Border, but she was noticeably younger in both of those roles...her teen years...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •