Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A lot of this is a wait and see kind of game, I’m interested because I was fascinated with 5G before but now that everything is what it is and will no doubt be changed (especially with Jim Lee saying no reboots) I’m going’s to wait to hear about books and creative teams.

I doubt this is filler months though, I assume that it’s taking up some space but I don’t think Dc would take 2 months after the end of their big event to put stuff out. Granted it will probably be a gradual release so I assume these will fill in some spaces until other books are ready but I’m assuming that we will see some of post-Death Metal DC in January.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really think this will be a 5G "what if." Perhaps that mini from Ridley is a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I'm suddenly worried "Future State" is the new form of the 5G imitative....
    That was my first thought as well. I imagine it will be a modified version that ends up having less impact on the line as a whole and end up being another DCYou or something.

I hope to see something that will be exciting, but I'm not holding my breath.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Generations Shattered used art intended for Generation One, maybe the one-shot in December is Generation 2 and 3, and Future State is 4 and 5?
    The writer/artist says no.

My take is that Jurgens came up with a short story with an open ending, and editorial was looking for something to fill the winter schedule and asked him to work with some other writers on expanding it to a bigger story. The Generations term might have been stuck on to it since it was already floating around or could be the biggest coincidence ever. This looks much more like a typical messed up time line story with characters recruited from various timelines to solve it, than the elaborate work hinted at for 5G.

Yeah, Generations Shattered used art intended for Generation One, maybe the one-shot in December is Generation 2 and 3, and Future State is 4 and 5?
    Ah, Generation One brings back all those fond memories of the JL and Autobots fighting the Legion of Doom and Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Ah, Generation One brings back all those fond memories of the JL and Autobots fighting the Legion of Doom and Megatron.
    Now I imagine Legion of Doom and the Watchtower being Transformers .

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Is it possible that this is the same separate imprint for 5G that BC wrote about?
    It probably is.

Incredible Member

I just think they are just trying to claw back some of the money they burnt with 5g by doing a mini event.

Could be very wrong tho

Probably the Jon Kent Superman book.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

The new Catwoman/JLD writer Ram V is also involved going by vague tweets https://twitter.com/therightram/stat...82249762619392

I'm sure you meant 'initiative'...
    But imitative works, too.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Probably the Jon Kent Superman book.
    Yeah that makes sense if it's literally about the future

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The new Catwoman/JLD writer Ram V is also involved going by vague tweets https://twitter.com/therightram/stat...82249762619392
    This one would fit it they're talking about Batman's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That’s actually a good get, his work on JLD has been pretty great so far.

Honestly I wouldn’t be upset if this was just a digital exclusive line of books/continuity. I think it would do decently there.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looks like they're repurposing 5G as a two-month "event" to make time for the new launches.