View Poll Results: metahumans, normal or mix of both?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metahumans

6 13.95%
  • Normal with tech

20 46.51%
  • Mix of both

17 39.53%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Should the Rogues be metahumans in a Flash movie?

If the Rogues were to be introduced in a Flash movie should they be based on their classic appearances being regular guys with technology or the New 52 and having super powers? Personally I'd love to see metahuman Rogues on the big screen. This may the unpopular but them having power just made them look more visually interesting with way more creative fights. Plus it could be a nice way of separating itself from the CW series where besides Wizard they are all normal people

rogues meta.jpg

Rogues_0001.jpg

Depends on the character. Captain Cold should certainly be normal - if he's a metahuman he becomes a Mister Freeze clone. Mirror Master should probably be a meta though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I prefer them to remain normal crooks with tech. Makes them a bit more unique in DC. The only other tech crooks are over in MCU with Iron Man and Spider-Man. It's all people with powers. Flash fighting these kinds of unpowered guys with gadgets gives it something more unique.

Especially considering how overused the metas are in the CW series.

BANNED

I always feel the Rogues are suppose to be a group of crooks with gadget. It's what make them feels like they are villains from silver age and one of the most unique group in DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Depends on the character. Captain Cold should certainly be normal - if he's a metahuman he becomes a Mister Freeze clone.
    Except Mr Freeze isn't a meta.

He must be, as he sure ain't a normal human. He can't survive without a containment suit due to alterations to his body chemistry.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He must be, as he sure ain't a normal human. He can't survive without a containment suit due to alterations to his body chemistry.
    That makes him more comparable to a person with a disease than a meta.

I think The Rogues are more unique and true to form as blue-collar crooks with gadget gimmicks who band together against The Flash rather than a bunch of superpowered Supervillains.

Incredible Member

That doesn’t make him a meta. Freeze has no powers himself. When Cold became a meta he could create blizzards, freeze an entire river, freeze things by touching them and so on. Mr Freeze needs an ice gun just like how Captain Cold needs his cold gun

I prefer them having powers because it's less of a case of the Flash punching down. Their tech based niche would be better against Green Arrow to me.

Granted the rogues with powers is more likely to turn into a slugfest. So if it could be written more like Jojo's bizarre adventure than DBZ that would be great.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-18-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Incredible Member

Depends on the character. Captain Cold should certainly be normal - if he's a metahuman he becomes a Mister Freeze clone. Mirror Master should probably be a meta though.
    Mister Freeze? Mr Freeze usually has an ice gun and people literally compare the two because of it. Anyway I thought of it like in the new52 where they merged with their tech to become metas.