View Poll Results: metahumans, normal or mix of both?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metahumans

    6 13.95%
  • Normal with tech

    20 46.51%
  • Mix of both

    17 39.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    I think it would be cool if they’re just a group of “blue collar” criminals who steal a bunch of high tech weapons from STAR Labs.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    The Rogues are really only credidle threats as metahumans when someone can move like this:


  3. #33
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    How to undermine someone with superspeed:

    Inertia



    Friction



    Chaos


  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Reality Warping and Intangibility



    All need scientific planning to save the day.

    Non-metas taking down the Flash makes the villains cool, not the hero.

    Boomerang is the exception because he works better as a non-Meta when on the Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-19-2020 at 05:33 AM.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,125

    Default

    Honestly I would just do what they did in the new 52, it can work for a movie story. First you start early on that the Flash can beat them no issue when they have their gadgets and then they become a more serious threat when they record their dna to get their powers which are stronger then just their gadgets.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member MadFacedKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    I liked the New52 take on The Rogues to be honest I thought it was pretty cool. I wouldn’t mind a mix of the two. If anything you have tech silver age goofiness on the CW

  7. #37
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    How to undermine someone with superspeed:

    Inertia

    Friction

    Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Reality Warping and Intangibility

    All need scientific planning to save the day.

    Non-metas taking down the Flash makes the villains cool, not the hero.

    Boomerang is the exception because he works better as a non-Meta when on the Suicide Squad.
    The thing is they can achieve that with their gadgets basically the same as they can with actual powers. It's all really just how it's conveyed and whether it fits the characters.

    Trickster also doesn't have powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I would just do what they did in the new 52, it can work for a movie story. First you start early on that the Flash can beat them no issue when they have their gadgets and then they become a more serious threat when they record their dna to get their powers which are stronger then just their gadgets.
    I'd rather we just get normal Rogues for a first go-around.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I liked the New52 take on The Rogues to be honest I thought it was pretty cool. I wouldn’t mind a mix of the two. If anything you have tech silver age goofiness on the CW
    We don't really, though. The CW pretty much squandered The Rogues.

  8. #38
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Not really. Besides Weather Wizard everyone else was upgraded from their meta powers. For starters they all developed immunity to their abilities

    Captain Cold ice was more potent, could build constructions and hit harder with frozen hands

    Heatwave could create fire skeletons and engulf himself in flames

    Golden Glider could phase through object and fly

    Mirror Master could use any reflection and control the mirror dimension

    Like I said only Weather Wizard really wasn't effect all that much besides being able to shoot lighting bolts and hail from his hands but giving him super powers still makes more sense than a wand

    Plus it made an interesting aspect that they had to adapt to their powers. Mardon's mood was tied with the weather and began to go mad, Snart froze everything, Rory would burn when he was angry, Lisa didn't have a physical body and Scudder was trapped in the mirror dimension. They could always start off being normal people then gain meta powers

    EDIT: Plus the only way to disarm them is to knock them unconscious rather than just taking their stuff
    Disagree. You can upgrade their gadgets and costumes to do a lot of that anyways. And at the end of the day it's just better to start them off in their most iconic forms for an audience. These guys have been threats and effective against the Flash for decades. You're the only one who has a problem accepting them as they've been in the comics for the bulk of their history. If it's worked fine before in the stories, it'll work fine on films. Besides Flash will be dealing with enough metas as is with Thawne and Grodd.

  9. #39

    Default

    I'm way less interested in a Flash movie with metahuman rogues. Which is why it's probably exactly what they'll do.

  10. #40
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree. You can upgrade their gadgets and costumes to do a lot of that anyways. And at the end of the day it's just better to start them off in their most iconic forms for an audience. These guys have been threats and effective against the Flash for decades. You're the only one who has a problem accepting them as they've been in the comics for the bulk of their history. If it's worked fine before in the stories, it'll work fine on films. Besides Flash will be dealing with enough metas as is with Thawne and Grodd.
    Thawne and Grodd are just two villains. Most of Flash’s other villains were normal people. Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Golden Glider, Turtle, Trickster, Pied Piper, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Heatwave and so on are all normal people with tech. There is only so much you can do with guns. I guess you could give them greatness and traps but I still think giving them powers makes for more interesting fights and like i said the only way to defeat them is make sure they stay down instead just taking their gadgets.

    What works in comics don’t always work in live action. This is why the CW series has relied on the particle accelerator and pseudoscience so much because it’s less believable that normal people with tech can take on the Flash. Like most Superman villains are super powered and most Batman villains are mobsters and while there certainly are exceptions they fit in with what their hero can be challenged with. Flash can have normal villains and meta. For metas Id say Professor Zoom, Grodd, Weather Wizard, Top/Turbine, Multiplex, Golden Glider, Heatwave and Mirror Master and for normal villains Turtle, Dr Alchemy, Abra Ladabra, Captain Cold, Trickster, Pied Piper etc

    Regardless I still think Golden Glider is an objective improvement. Pre New 52 she was just an ice skater and in the CW series she is basically the same as Cold with her own gun. Letting her become a ghost was awesome and weather wizard and mirror master are just more plausible. Like I said they can start off as normal people then an accident merges them with their weapons

  11. #41
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,995

    Default

    Since a two hour movie can't take its time the way that a comic book or T.V. series can do, I find it hard to envision how they are going to pack so much story into one Flash movie. Setting up villains is going to be a chore. Maybe we'll get something more like BILL AND TED FACE THE MUSIC.
    🇨🇦
    [Exit, pursued
    by a bear.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Thawne and Grodd are just two villains. Most of Flash’s other villains were normal people. Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, Golden Glider, Turtle, Trickster, Pied Piper, Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, Heatwave and so on are all normal people with tech. There is only so much you can do with guns. I guess you could give them greatness and traps but I still think giving them powers makes for more interesting fights and like i said the only way to defeat them is make sure they stay down instead just taking their gadgets.
    The limits of their tech is what makes them look so competent. They work together, they use their intelligence, and they manage to stop one of the most formidable super beings on the planet.

    Making them metas just makes them like every other villain with powers, and changes their character into something other than ordinary humans with ordinary criminal aspirations. Which is kind of their theme.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The limits of their tech is what makes them look so competent. They work together, they use their intelligence, and they manage to stop one of the most formidable super beings on the planet.

    Making them metas just makes them like every other villain with powers, and changes their character into something other than ordinary humans with ordinary criminal aspirations. Which is kind of their theme.
    Well in the new 52 specifically Snart got frustrated with losing to the Flash so that’s what prompted him to merge with his weapon. It just isn’t believable that normal people could beat the flash regardless of intelligence and like I said it lead to some amazing fights. Regardless like I said you can keep some of them as humans

    Captain Cold, Trickster/Pied Piper and Heatwave can be normal while Weather Wizard, Golden Glider and Mirror Master can be metahumans

  14. #44
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,312

    Default

    I much prefer the Flash villains to utilize tech based weapons. The Flash and his Silver Age background just lends itself to comic book super science craziness.

    Weather Wizard and Mirror Master’s tech definitely make them a match for The Flash, but a guy with a freeze ray shouldn’t be much of a challenge to someone who can move at the speed of light. I think tweaks can be made to make certain members of the Rogues more of a threat.

    I liked Johns’ concept for the Cap Cold/Flash dynamic. Cold is the opposite of speed/friction because (in a simplified explanation) when atoms or molecules are energized it creates movement while atoms with less movement create cold. Just make it so Snart’s gun and tech creates an “aura” of cold that slows the Flash down as he gets closer. That way he doesn’t have to move as fast as Barry because he’s surrounded on all sides with protection.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-20-2020 at 05:22 PM.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Well in the new 52 specifically Snart got frustrated with losing to the Flash so that’s what prompted him to merge with his weapon. It just isn’t believable that normal people could beat the flash regardless of intelligence and like I said it lead to some amazing fights. Regardless like I said you can keep some of them as humans

    Captain Cold, Trickster/Pied Piper and Heatwave can be normal while Weather Wizard, Golden Glider and Mirror Master can be metahumans
    I disagree that it's not believable. Given what the weapons can do, it's totally within the realm of logic that the Rogues can pull off a robbery before Flash can react,or create an illusion that sees him run into a mirror, or slow him down with severe weather, or create fire/ice obstacles and bombing traps that distract him by endangering civilians, etc. I mean, Flash fans have believed it since 1957, and non-metahumans outsmarting/frustrating super beings has been happening as long as the genre exists.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •