View Poll Results: metahumans, normal or mix of both?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metahumans

6 13.95%
  • Normal with tech

20 46.51%
  • Mix of both

17 39.53%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Having him struggle with one Rogue at the start, makes the team up even more challenging.

Cold's powers could conceivably slow down the Flash here-- Not so much some mist emanating off the cold gun.
    This is a solid example of why I wouldn't want Cold to have powers. The fact he catches Flash punch doesn't make much sense here, and the Rogues don't have to be particularly clever to fight him since Cold is depicted as almost being able to do it on his own.

Contrast that with a Cold being smart enough to preemptively create an absolute 0 field that prevents the Flash from closing the distance on him. Much smarter, much less bombastic, but still ruthlessly efficient. That's Captain Cold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    This is a solid example of why I wouldn't want Cold to have powers. The fact he catches Flash punch doesn't make much sense here, and the Rogues don't have to be particularly clever to fight him since Cold is depicted as almost being able to do it on his own.

Contrast that with a Cold being smart enough to preemptively create an absolute 0 field that prevents the Flash from closing the distance on him. Much smarter, much less bombastic, but still ruthlessly efficient. That's Captain Cold.
    He caught Flash's punch through some inertia force, as shown by the sudden blue color of the speedforce.

The point is that the Flash has to be clever to take on all the Rogues. The book is called the Flash, not the Rogues.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    He caught Flash's punch through some inertia force, as shown by the sudden blue color of the speedforce.

The point is that the Flash has to be clever to take on all the Rogues. The book is called the Flash, not the Rogues.
    The more clever they are, the more clever he has to be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    My point is that post-Speedforce Wally went against the Rogues many times and writers still found ways to make the conflict believable.

What you're describing is Killer Frost, Ice, Icemaiden, Ice Man, Icicle, etc. which just isn't as interesting to me and changes the persona/themes of Captain Cold & the Rogues.

Sure, if you make the Rogues more powerful, then they will be more powerful. But I think it makes them less special and they lose in the trade-off. It's not SO implausible and unconvincing that writers can't find clever ways to do it. They have and will continue to.
    Killer Frost is basically an anti-hero now with the Suicide Squad (not to mention she died early on in original Firestorm). I don't know who Ice and Icemaiden are. Icicle sounds familiar. Ice Man is a superhero, mutant and has never been utilized properly in the X-Men movies. His only action in X-Men Last Stand was just crossing beams with Pyro before he FINALLY goes full iceman and head butts pyro. Regardless outside of Injustice 2 which is a fighting game I've never seen an animated movie or show or whatever that evolves the fight into more than Cold shooting - Flash dodge - Cold shoots again - Flash punches Cold end of fight.

Like I said there are just a ton of ice themed characters with freeze guns. There is no point in you bringing up a handful of characters who have ice power while ignoring the villains who use freeze guns. Captain Cold isn't unique in that category and neither is Heatwave. Weather Wizard makes no sense to use a wand and Mirror Master and Golden Glider are just more interesting as metas. Like I said you can keep come of the rogues as normal people but I think Mirror Master, Golden Glider and Weather Wizard absolutely should be metas

how would you make the rogues more powerful while keeping their tech? Again what works in a comic book may not work for a movie and like I said IMO the action in the new 52 is the best Flash action ever. Maybe part of it is because Manupal is a god of art but the fights were just so much more interesting compared to the CW series where it is just Cold and Heatwave shooting cgi blue and orange lasers. I know it isn't a fair comparison and maybe a movie could come up with a better fight scene but most action just boils down to that

I have a great idea - for their first cinematic introduction to the masses let's turn the Rogues into something that they're typically not and goes against the point of the characters to make them cooler!

That's what I'm getting from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    And also defies the laws of physics. Also something that he never seems to use again. Look the Silver Age focused more on adventures than overarching narratives. You’re underestimating Cold’s abilities when he had powers. It was so much more than shooting ice out of his hands. And Heatwave could even create fire skeletons and engulf himself in flames
    Freezing an entire city is exactly the type of stuff that Iron Man or Dr.Doom can pull off if you give them a few hours. And nobody would complain about that.

And Heatwave is a master at making fire weapons, not just guns. He's built tanks that can shoot flames, cars that shoots fire, he's made explosives out of a cigarette lighter. His own suit can even explode and kill the Flash in an instant. So you tell me what's more interesting, having him make fire weapons or have him be a fire meta-human like some X-Men reject.