Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
I think no, and I think I have a good reason why beyond just "They're classic" and "Flash has two "tiers" of villains, classic, and kind of anti-Flash meta".

Barry Allen is a CSI. Each of the Vintage Rogues basically has a special gun or special wand or special item that allows them to carry off their crime gimmick, which usually involves robbery of some kind. Upon occasion you might have one be a very strange murder weapon of course, as in a film it's likely that the Rogues' no kill "general rule" might not be applied strongly. And Boomerang is a scumbag. And Cold does settle personal grudges.

To the degree where like ... Barry deals with specialized crime scenes and unimaginable murder weapons or arson tools or robbery plots, Barry might even have more experience in the field than Batman. Obviously Batman handles a lot of similar stuff and they overlap heavily, but only started handling Silver Age ultra-tech at the same time Barry came around, so prior to that it was mostly bullets and fingerprints and the occasional monstro-giant hair follicles and frankly mostly death traps and puzzles. All that is just to say that Barry has his area of expertise ... and the Rogues having sci-fi weapons and costumes they commit crimes with actually builds on that core element of The Flash in a way that's more organic and slick than just the fact that he also has an obvious and tropey horde of Counter-Speed Dark Anti-Flashes out there.

The Rogues and their modus operandi are the very thing, their crime scenes specifically, that force The Fastest Man Alive to kind of slow down and examine things and figure it all out. Then of course he's able to race off to wherever he has deduced they're hiding out and thwart them before their next big robbery.
I like this angle. I'd love to see Barry analyzing a bank lobby or diamond vault that looks totally scarred by strange processes caused by their weapons, and analyzing the trail they may have left behind.