Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'm not familiar with Tantrum. Where did he appear or is he a new character? As for the preview, I'll get it because I like Jen, just not Aaron's version of her. But Ewing has done wonders with Immortal Hulk, so I trust he can turn Arron and Bendis mess into something worthwhile. I could take or leave Wolverine, tho. It looks like he'll be everywhere again and will be the representative of Krakoa to the larger Marvel universe. Oh joy :eyeroll:

Well, I’ll be buying this. Wonder if Logan and Jennifer are going to hook up? Isn’t she with Thor now?

I still dont understand the logic behind of mutant criminals.

How can you allow to trust another nation to take your own criminals with the pretext that you are not factual but for some reason you have to trust that they will be fair with their judgement.

A nation that is basically a blackout on Earth with 0 information of what happens there, and you trust them to handle your own mutant criminals. Guys with superpowers......

Either the negotiators have only two brain cells or im missing something.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 09-18-2020 at 07:55 AM.

All perfectly valid points. Wolverine just perfectly summarized why Krakoa and having a functioning mutant nation matters. This isn't just a sanctuary or a hiding place. It's a nation. Most importantly, it's something that mutants can collectively claim as theirs and build upon. And for once, it's not something humanity can easily take from them. It's so simple that even the Hulk can understand. Beautiful.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I still dont understand the logic behind of mutant criminals.

How can you allow to trust another nation to take your own criminals with the pretext that you are not factual but for some reason you have to trust that they will be fair with their judgement.

A nation that is basically a blackout on Earth with 0 information of what happens there, and you trust them to handle your own mutant criminals. Guys with superpowers......

Either the negotiators have only two brain cells or im missing something.
    considering the history of human prisons and their effectiveness, krakoa is an option that at the very least doesnt cost anyone tax payer money lol

Didn't expect Logan to defend much of Krakoa in front of Jen , but i guest that he is doing this for the sake of the team. I'm more interested in what he has say to say about resurrection and how Eiwing would write that, his Immortal has been pretty good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Ms. Sinister gave up her tragic "I was a victim of Sinister's experiments and now I'm doing whatever I can to survive with my own identity intact, even if I have to do questionable things in the process" story to gleefully embrace his Mustache-Twirling Evil Mad Scientist shtick (granted, considering the last time we saw Claudine before she resurfaced in Blue Sinister promised he would "take care of her," they at least have an in-story reason for it if they wanted to explain her personality shift, but you just KNOW that Marvel isn't actually thinking that much into it).

Some writers (*COUGH*Hopeless*COUGH*) wrote Laura as a female Logan while she was Wolverine.

There's a definite trend in general of female "Legacy" heroes losing their own distinct personalities and just being written as if they were their male counterpart/predecessor upon assuming those mantles.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-07-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Didn't expect Logan to defend much of Krakoa in front of Jen , but i guest that he is doing this for the sake of the team. I'm more interested in what he has say to say about resurrection and how Eiwing would write that, his Immortal has been pretty good.
    Or the different writers have different ideas on what ever Wolverine is a doubting loner who stands with the nation out of personal responcibility as per usual for his portrayl, or another one of the unshaken believers in the Nation of Krakoa as most X-men characters are written at the moment.

Will be interesting how these moments will be reflected on once the Dawn of X status quo is over.

By some of the logic i have seen we may as well start disbanding countries now.

Americans' generally live in America
    Germans generally are in Germany
    Italians are usually in italy and so forth and so on.
    Mutants are now from Krakoa.

I can't be born in America and all willy nilly think "Hey, i am going to live in Africa, let me in or your a nationalist." Which to me is different from say American's not wanting other Americans to have the same things they have access to here in America simply because they consider them different."

I really don't understand what's so hard about that and though objectively its a nice scene because someone such as hulk can even get it. For those who have been following she-hulk such as i we know that she is just as smart in her hulk form as she is in her jennifer form, the only difference is she hasn't gotten full control of her speech patterns in her hulk form.

Great preview.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love that the mutants have their own place. It makes sense given everything they have been through. I would love to see it last. But sadly I think it will turn into a Mutants vs The world story line. Which would make me sad because it would be lazy writing that dissolve a good idea into just another useless event.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    considering the history of human prisons and their effectiveness, krakoa is an option that at the very least doesnt cost anyone tax payer money lol
    Is more about national integrity, nations are very spicy with criminals avoiding their justice and facing it in another nation.

Not only that, but the family of the victims have to trust that Krakoa, a ethnic centric nation, will deliver a correct justice to the criminals.

Just a reminder that Wolverine once turned down She-Hulk for some steamy sex.

I'm a She-Hulk superfan but that was one of the best scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    It doesn't affect humans until it does. When you create an ethno-state based on "genetic purity" it is going to have effects elsewhere, not the least on other people in other parts of the world who want to create similar states. To be frank, Hickman and Marvel putting out this kind of story in the age of Trump is very disturbing. I don't know if any white surpremacists in the real world have latched onto the current X-Men series to validate their ideas (I'm not prepared to do an internet search to find out) but I would not at all be surprised to find out that they have.

I think Hickman is a very intelligent and capable writer and the hints that Krakoa is a very, very sinister place have been dropping all over the place, so I'm willing to see how this plays out. But the X-Men, as currently being written, are race supremacists and that is a really dark turn to take, however it is rationalized.
    Have you read HOX/POX? Because there are specific reasons as to why the founders founded Krakoa and why they need mutants as unified as possible. It's a survival situation, not just because "no humans allowed".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    It doesn't affect humans until it does. When you create an ethno-state based on "genetic purity" it is going to have effects elsewhere, not the least on other people in other parts of the world who want to create similar states. To be frank, Hickman and Marvel putting out this kind of story in the age of Trump is very disturbing. I don't know if any white surpremacists in the real world have latched onto the current X-Men series to validate their ideas (I'm not prepared to do an internet search to find out) but I would not at all be surprised to find out that they have.

I think Hickman is a very intelligent and capable writer and the hints that Krakoa is a very, very sinister place have been dropping all over the place, so I'm willing to see how this plays out. But the X-Men, as currently being written, are race supremacists and that is a really dark turn to take, however it is rationalized.
    Yep way to prove Logan's point. This is fear-mongering at its finest in the Marvel Universe humans are considered naturally good so when they do something bad it's a good person doing a bad thing. Mutants are seen as inherently bad so they do something good it's only a matter of time before that monster shows its true nature.

Since Krakoa's announcement as a mutant nation (give or take 4 months) they have been repeatedly attacked by human elements any number of attacks which could have sparked an international incident. But Krakoa isn't interested in a war with humans ( probably because they know exactly how that ends) as per Magneto's comment their perfectly content flexing their economic power instead of their mutant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Also, I guess the Utopia years no longer happened if Krakoa is the "first time" mutants have had a safe place?
    In what world was Utopia a safe place?