Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So other countries in the world have a zero crime rate compared to Krakoa? Humans don't rob, murder or attack each other in other countries?

Apparently
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don't think you can claim Krakoa is not safe because of its citizens - it's the same with every country lol. America has murderers. UK has murderers. Australia has murderers. Greycrow was a Marauder and was nearly killed by those he killed/tried to kill years ago. It doesn't mean it's not safe for your average mutant. It's not a lynch mob on an innocent child or anything like that. Obviously not saying it's right, but an isolated incident does not mean it's not safe.
    Sssshhh how else can they paint Krakoa as hell incarnate if they don't manipulate facts to fit their narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Sssshhh how else can they paint Krakoa as hell incarnate if they don't manipulate facts to fit their narrative?
    Glitter...
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Doesn't Krakoa basically plan to hijack the global economy and control all the world's wealth? I'd say that affect Jen, even if only minimally. But I'm not sure Wolverine knows about that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Apparently
    When a human does something bad #NotAllHumans but when a mutant does something bad, Krakoa is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    hijack the global economy and control all the world's wealth?
    nothing new, all the other big contenders, super rich billioners, china, US etc aren't any different
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I dig that design for She-Hulk, and Jen and Logan make for an interesting combination. Looking forward to this!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    nothing new, all the other big contenders, super rich billioners, china, US etc aren't any different
    And those countries and individuals are called out too, no? Maybe not by organizations like the IMF and UN (which they obviously control), but certainly by regular folks and free thinkers who fear monopolization and neocolonialism no matter what the source may be. Since Krakoa isn't doing anything that these great powers aren't already doing, the idea that they aren't affecting anyone outside their borders is kinda ridiculous. Whether it's the US or mutants dominating the global capitalist system, there will be some impact both on the national and local level. It may not be the same type of impact, as we can properly assume mutants will have more respect for the environment and equity at least, but the money is still shifting into their hands and being centered around a small elite. It's problematic when humans do it, it'll remain problematic when it's mutants are in control. That was the whole idea behind Magento's statement at the conference.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-19-2020 at 12:09 PM.

And those countries and individuals are called out too, no? Maybe not by organizations like the IMF and UN (which they obviously control), but certainly by regular folks and free thinkers who fear monopolization and neocolonialism no matter what the source may be. Since Krakoa isn't doing anything that these great powers aren't already doing, the idea that they aren't affecting anyone outside their borders is kinda ridiculous. Whether it's the US or mutants dominating the global capitalist system, there will be some impact both on the national and local level. It may not be the same type of impact, as we can properly assume mutants will have more respect for the environment and equity at least, but the money is still shifting into their hands and being centered around a small elite. It's problematic when humans do it, it'll remain problematic when it's mutants are in control. That was the whole idea behind Magento's statement at the conference.
    at least they are selling medicines not weapons and death
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    at least they are selling medicines not weapons and death
    So we agree that Krakoa does in fact affect the rest of the world.

Most of the economic domination that goes on among humanity isn't weapons sales. That's a part (especially for western powers like the US), but most of it is basic trade goods and resources. Krakoa wants to subvert those systems and take them over for themselves so it's not far fetched to think that they'll eventually be facilitating weapons sales, unequal agricultural goods trade flows, etc. They'll do this through buying banks, media, education, industry, etc.

Remember, they want to control the global economy and while we can guess they'll probably have more respect for the environment and equity they're ultimate goal is keeping profits up and maintaining their stranglehold on the global economy. They'll be entrenching the very systems in the world that keep people poor (with some improvements here and there) and pushing out competitors who may provide better alternatives (whether they be specific human-owned corporations or other humanitarian countries like Wakanda). Krakoa is taking the place of the US and will be doing the same things that country does to stay on top. Selling weapons isn't even half of it.

So we agree that Krakoa does in fact affect the rest of the world.

Most of the economic domination that goes on among humanity isn't weapons sales. That's a part (especially for western powers like the US), but most of it is basic trade goods and resources. Krakoa wants to subvert those systems and take them over for themselves so it's not far fetched to think that they'll eventually be facilitating weapons sales, unequal agricultural goods trade flows, etc. They'll do this through buying banks, media, education, industry, etc.

Remember, they want to control the global economy and while we can guess they'll probably have more respect for the environment and equity they're ultimate goal is keeping profits up and maintaining their stranglehold on the global economy. They'll be entrenching the very systems in the world that keep people poor (with some improvements here and there) and pushing out competitors who may provide better alternatives (whether they be specific human-owned corporations or other humanitarian countries like Wakanda). Krakoa is taking the place of the US and will be doing the same things that country does to stay on top. Selling weapons isn't even half of it.
    I'm not Destiny I can't predict the future, so far they said they want their medicine exports to be fair even when it comes to accessibility in poorer countries .......other than this we can merely speculate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    Must we hear this spiel every single time x-men work with other marvel heroes?
    I think that if the X-Books are operating on the principle that every non-mutant hero since Torch I are Pretenders/proto-Novissma/The Enemy, then some honesty in dealings would be refreshing

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

The X-books donīt see other heros as enemies, right now they are about giving their people a place to live and so they can enjoy life and know more about their powers. I personally donīt see nothing wrong with that, even without all the stories in which mutants are persecuted or used as biological weapons, whoīs to say that itīs wrong to have a place you can call your own in which you can be happy and have a family? Thatīs what Krakoa is right now not only for most of the mutants but also the X-men.

The homo novissima donīt exist yet, they are a human/sentinel mix of being who eventually managed not only to drive to extinction the human race but also contain what was left of the mutants,most of them left to live on Shiar space, just so they could make an alliance with the Phalanx, who are a species who absords every organic type of life making them part of their hive, erasing every individual part of the beings who become part of it. Homo novissima is like Skynet to use another Sci-Fi term, the other marvel heros donīt really have anything or much to do with it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Doesn't Krakoa basically plan to hijack the global economy and control all the world's wealth? I'd say that affect Jen, even if only minimally. But I'm not sure Wolverine knows about that plan.
    The funny thing is that it's not really their fault, the other countries allow this; which is insane. Im not an expert in economics but the premise of Magneto's plan, if i understand correctly, is that Krakoa is basically an economic leech.

You buy medicines from them but they dont buy anything from you, neither services or goods, so they never stop gaining money. In the real world, a country like that would have face a shitton of taxes or probably not even opening trade with them.

I dont see the drugs being good enough to make them forget about this, especially when we take into consideration the other parts of the agreement like the gates, mutant criminals ect...

In other words they are doing nothing illegal, is just that the rest of the nations of the world are stupid bar Wakanda.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think the trade part is way too technical to get into the comics right now but if we take the real world as a template and if they have trade with all the nations who made an agreement with them, that means that trade goes both ways, itīs also the reason Xavier travels so much, because a trade deal must be discussed before being put to work. Thatīs how globalization works. Sure Magneto and Xavier put it in rude words with some of the ambassadors and the guy who wanted to kill them, but the fact of the matter is that this type of trade deals have been around since there have been nations.

In reality this is also why they need to grow their population, because eventually trade deals are hard to keep when you are dealing with competition from all the other countries you have a deal with. I guess we will eventually see another kind of business once their economy develops from making their drugs towards a more mature economy.

I donīt really need the comics to tell me all this because they are a fictional world after all, not an economy magazine, still I think this can lead to some interesting stories with X-Corp, Angel, Sunspot and M could manage this aspect of the economy of Krakoa.

Even Magnetoīs comment about making sure certain people donīt get resources is about fighting the people who make sentinels in an industrial level on the economy front so they donīt have to deal with them later in a war.

I think the main problem with Krakoa is not their existence as a nation but the actitude they are taking while building said nation but who knows maybe the X-writers will reveal something later on to give us more information about how they conduct their bussines elsewhere.

On topic: I like how Wolverine explained this to She Hulk I am liking Ewing writing a lot here, hope the classified X-title is written by him.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022