Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Logan is more PR savvy than folks give him credit for.
    And given that his best friend gets chased by torch wielding mobs on a pretty regular basis, just for existing...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Logan is essentially doing the exact opposite of what he was doing back in the Aaron days. He can't be righteous and noble in both instances. If he's currently right, then he was wrong back then. If he's currently wrong, then he was right back then. Simple as that. The whole "It's complicated/has his own code/lower standards" excuse can only go so far.
    Wrong about what?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wrong about what?
    Mutants having a nation/sanctuary/callitwhateveryouwant and doing controversial (YMMV) things to maintain it. Apparently, Logan's definition of the proverbial Rubicon depends on whether or not he recently slaughtered a bunch of his bastard kids or whatever. Oh well.

Y'all are giving Logan more thought than he deserves this is a man who has actively on several occasions tried to murder children, yet had the gall to hate Scott for killing Chuck under possession hypocrisy and projection are key to his nature.

No-one is wearing "Logan Was Right" t-shirts.

No, but I might wear a “Logan doesn’t need to be right” shirt.

No one would get it, though. Ha.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Here's the thing, though. Logan is essentially doing the exact opposite of what he was doing back in the Aaron days. He can't be righteous and noble in both instances. If he's currently right, then he was wrong back then. If he's currently wrong, then he was right back then. Simple as that. The whole "It's complicated/has his own code/lower standards" excuse can only go so far.
    The obvious answer to this is that 10 years ago Marvel never thought they, and the X-books in particular, would be in such dire straits sales and creativity-wise they would need to be rescued by Hickman doing Utopia on steroids and high heels, with some very uncomfortable ideas for the kind of people that fancy themselves liberals, but think Elizabeth Warren is a Marxist.

The problem of course is that for the most the same people in charge then are running the show now, so they would never just admit they're wrong. Hell, the six months before Hickman were a big **** you to anyone that liked anything that happened since Morrison.

Pointless anti-Krakoa and anti-Mutant whining aside, this is kinda refreshing to hear this coming from Jimmy, taking into account that not to long ago, Logan was bitching about Cyke's mission in Schism through AvX. It's always good to see those with *unearned* privilege be put in their place by someone who has actually lived through oppression and persecution. Last I checked, Walters has never experienced as such, despite being a Hulk. In other words people like She-Hulk and other mutates (minus Spidey) have been coddled and handed acceptance into human society without any work put in. The exchange between Wolvie and Shulkie reminds me of the time the ol'Canucklehead put Major Glory (Cap) on blast and reminded him of his privilege.

Wolverine Sets Cap Straight2.jpg
    Wolverine Sets Cap Straight1.jpg
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Seemed a little forced, but I still see no problem with it. Sometimes I think fans construe their need for their favorite characters to be “right” with that of the character himself (or herself). Logan doesn’t care about being right per se, as long he’s following his own (sometimes quirky and hard to follow) moral “samurai code”. In other words, he doesn’t care if you as a reader think he’s right or wrong, anymore than he cares if Scott or Steve Rogers think so.

Astonishing Member

Did logan die again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did logan die again?
    Logan has died plenty of times, even before 2014
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The obvious answer to this is that 10 years ago Marvel never thought they, and the X-books in particular, would be in such dire straits sales and creativity-wise they would need to be rescued by Hickman doing Utopia on steroids and high heels, with some very uncomfortable ideas for the kind of people that fancy themselves liberals, but think Elizabeth Warren is a Marxist.

The problem of course is that for the most the same people in charge then are running the show now, so they would never just admit they're wrong. Hell, the six months before Hickman were a big **** you to anyone that liked anything that happened since Morrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Pointless anti-Krakoa and anti-Mutant whining aside, this is kinda refreshing to hear this coming from Jimmy, taking into account that not to long ago, Logan was bitching about Cyke's mission in Schism through AvX. It's always good to see those with *unearned* privilege be put in their place by someone who has actually lived through oppression and persecution. Last I checked, Walters has never experienced as such, despite being a Hulk. In other words people like She-Hulk and other mutates (minus Spidey) have been coddled and handed acceptance into human society without any work put in. The exchange between Wolvie and Shulkie reminds me of the time the ol'Canucklehead put Major Glory (Cap) on blast and reminded him of his privilege.

Wolverine Sets Cap Straight2.jpg
    Wolverine Sets Cap Straight1.jpg
    Pretty much this, to both of you. Especially liked that scene from the original Secret Wars. Definitely resonates more nowadays.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    And given that his best friend gets chased by torch wielding mobs on a pretty regular basis, just for existing...
    Who is his best friend?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Perhaps Jen is joining SWORD?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Can we stop talking about Krakoa as if he is a patch of dirt? He is a mutant. At the end of the day Krakoa and only Krakoa will decide who can and who can’t visit Krakoa.