Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Immortal She-Hulk #1 Preview - Logan talking about Krakoa

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE

Astonishing Member

Damn Logan laying the smack down with his words.

Logan makes a good point there. Before Krakoa was founded humans couldn't live in Krakoa either ... because it didn't exist. Well, it existed in the form of a tiny island, not a nation.

For 99.99% of humans, the only difference before and after the founding of Krakoa is that they now have medicines that they didn't before.

BANNED

Ewing is a bro babie

Astonishing Member

In fairness, as Logan points out this particular brand of whining is more the province of the Green Hulks than the Proto-Novissma as a whole

In barely works with Bruce and its a hell of a bad fit for Jen

BANNED

Wait, I thought Jen's shtick was she kept her normal intelligence/speech patterns when she Hulked out?

Also, I guess the Utopia years no longer happened if Krakoa is the "first time" mutants have had a safe place?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wait, I thought Jen's shtick was she kept her normal intelligence/speech patterns when she Hulked out?

Also, I guess the Utopia years no longer happened if Krakoa is the "first time" mutants have had a safe place?
    The trauma of her first trip through the Green Door plus Eson messing with her brain’s left her more Bruce-like of late

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

I mean there have been multiple proto-Krokoas (ie Avalon) but none of them were as well-protected, had political power or as much resources. Utopia in particular seemed very tied to San Fransisco still as it was a barren island that didn't really seem suitable for growing much on there.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 09-18-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Yess Logan tell her. And yess Ewing

Fantastic Member

It doesn't affect humans until it does. When you create an ethno-state based on "genetic purity" it is going to have effects elsewhere, not the least on other people in other parts of the world who want to create similar states. To be frank, Hickman and Marvel putting out this kind of story in the age of Trump is very disturbing. I don't know if any white surpremacists in the real world have latched onto the current X-Men series to validate their ideas (I'm not prepared to do an internet search to find out) but I would not at all be surprised to find out that they have.

I think Hickman is a very intelligent and capable writer and the hints that Krakoa is a very, very sinister place have been dropping all over the place, so I'm willing to see how this plays out. But the X-Men, as currently being written, are race supremacists and that is a really dark turn to take, however it is rationalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Ewing is a bro babie
    This made me really excited for whatever X-Book he's going to write.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    It doesn't affect humans until it does. When you create an ethno-state based on "genetic purity" it is going to have effects elsewhere, not the least on other people in other parts of the world who want to create similar states. To be frank, Hickman and Marvel putting out this kind of story in the age of Trump is very disturbing. I don't know if any white surpremacists in the real world have latched onto the current X-Men series to validate their ideas (I'm not prepared to do an internet search to find out) but I would not at all be surprised to find out that they have.

I think Hickman is a very intelligent and capable writer and the hints that Krakoa is a very, very sinister place have been dropping all over the place, so I'm willing to see how this plays out. But the X-Men, as currently being written, are race supremacists and that is a really dark turn to take, however it is rationalized.
    Since the comparison you seem to be making is essentially "Apple"/"Orange", I'd have to politely disagree.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since the comparison you seem to be making is essentially "Apple"/"Orange", I'd have to politely disagree.
    As we have seen since the Utopia days, some people get triggered when minorities take a bolder approach and just don't try to be the model minority begging to not get killed.