Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not going to argue over whether Krakoa is right or wrong, but Wolverine really feels like the wrong character to be giving that speech.

That doesn't sound like him at all.
    Not really sure why Wolverine is pretty intelligent when written correctly and he's never been afraid to call out hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm not going to argue over whether Krakoa is right or wrong, but Wolverine really feels like the wrong character to be giving that speech.

That doesn't sound like him at all.
    Wolverine literally joined the Avengers to wash his image. And it worked for him.

He knows perfectly the privilege that comes with being an Avenger versus being an X-Men because he has been both. He works more than any other mutant with the superhero community on Earth and knows how people treat them. Cyclops may think or suspect that the 4F or the Avengers are better treated than mutants, Logan has strong evidence from within that this is true.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine literally joined the Avengers to wash his image. And it worked for him.

He knows perfectly the privilege that comes with being an Avenger versus being an X-Men because he has been both. He works more than any other mutant with the superhero community on Earth and knows how people treat them. Cyclops may think or suspect that the 4F or the Avengers are better treated than mutants, Logan has strong evidence from within that this is true.
    You actually bring up a pretty good point why isn't Cyclops more respected in the superhero community? He was a respected leader of the X-Men for over a decade and even if you take into account Utopia era Cyclops it makes no sense The Avengers lineup is a littered with problematic and arrogant characters and more than one prominent Avenger has had their "Fall From Grace" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    You actually bring up a pretty good point why isn't Cyclops more respected in the superhero community? He was a respected leader of the X-Men for over a decade and even if you take into account Utopia era Cyclops it makes no sense The Avengers lineup is a littered with problematic and arrogant characters and more than one prominent Avenger has had their "Fall From Grace" moment.

My only takeaway is that they both were being unnecessarily catty, and to my knowledge current She-Hulk doesn't even have the brain capacity for that kind of thought so this seems very random but go off Logan I guess.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

10 pages of essays? Oh my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The trauma of her first trip through the Green Door plus Eson messing with her brain’s left her more Bruce-like of late
    Who's Eson?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    10 pages of essays? Oh my balls.
    Who's Eson?
    One of the Celestials

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Logan is more PR savvy than folks give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They're racist immigration policies, which is why it's problematic for Krakao to follow in those footsteps. The former X-men shouldn't be agreeing with Trump on anything.
    Luckily, nothing that is anything like that is actually happening in the current titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    there's literaly portals that any mutant can acess to any place in the world, jenn can see any of her friends because mutants can use those portals at any second without any restrictions, time acess or even BASIC burocracy, you can just USE THEM at any time.
    Jumbo's data page was one of my favorites. Even though he was originally attacked by humans, he used his travels to re-immerse himself in the fashion world to help him heal. He's catching up on the latest trends and it is because of the Krakoan gates that he's reestablishing himself as the icon. Long live the gates!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The actual reality of things finally sunk in when they were killed for the umpteenth time trying to stop humanity from building robots to hunt them down and murder them just because they happened to be born mutants.

That sort of thing has a way of actually putting things into perspective...
    I can see it now. The first human tourist group arrives just as the island is attacked by an "evil human" and the group is killed, by an "evil human".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Are you going to create a think piece about the avengers having a mansion in new york when its riddled with homelessnes or is it just for a tiny sentient island that the argument works for ?
    Or about avengers books not having any mutant issues, or that works only for x-men title that have to catter to your ideas of heroism?

the double standarts are starting to become just beyond toxic at this point.
    I'll repeat it until people stop doing it: it just bothers some people to see a minority taking a bold and proactive approach rather than just trying to be the model minority.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Ooooh, this is comedy G-O-L-D.

The Avengers-card-carrying dudebro who sold out "mutantkind" to protect "humanity's" privilege in the name of All-Lives-Mattering giving a whiny-ass speech about "Avengers" having it good?

Too. Freakin'. Funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ooooh, this is comedy G-O-L-D.

The Avengers-card-carrying dudebro who sold out "mutantkind" to protect "humanity's" privilege in the name of All-Lives-Mattering giving a whiny-ass speech about "Avengers" having it good?

Too. Freakin'. Funny.
    Yep there's certainly a level of hypocrisy that you can read into with Wolverine's character saying this but it also doesn't mean that he's wrong.

Wolverine's always been a hypocrite. Folks just need to get over that. Dude is like 200 years old, considers his soul already compromised, and is very big on "do as I say not as I do." Always has been, going back to when he shanked Rachel so that she wouldn't have the stain of killing on her conscience. I'm at peace with that. He's got his own moral code and gives zero Fs what you think about it.

I saw his siding with the Avengers as much about not wanting to allow Scott and the X-men to become villains as anything else. Again, consistent. Same thing with the Schism, where he went to the mat with Scott over the use of child soldiers, when he himself has mentored many young mutants and allowed them to go into combat. It's like he's fiercely protective of the X-men's brand, and he sees Scott and some of the others as synonymous with the brand while he himself is not. There's some truth in that, since he's been on so many teams that he's kind of like a free agent.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-21-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yep there's certainly a level of hypocrisy that you can read into with Wolverine's character saying this but it also doesn't mean that he's wrong.
    Here's the thing, though. Logan is essentially doing the exact opposite of what he was doing back in the Aaron days. He can't be righteous and noble in both instances. If he's currently right, then he was wrong back then. If he's currently wrong, then he was right back then. Simple as that. The whole "It's complicated/has his own code/lower standards" excuse can only go so far.