Default Regarding Mario and Cappy

Let's say I wanted to use Mario in a Rumble here, and possibly give him Cappy (Super Mario Odyssey).

Does Cappy count as a powerup, or a sidekick/outside help according to the rules of Khazan?

I ask because while he has powers that Mario can and does use in battle/in the field, Cappy IS in fact a sentient, living being (hell, he even has a sister).

EDIT: After looking it up, I have found that Cappy would DEFINITELY count as a sidekick/outside help, since his normal form DOES have a "body" under the hat.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-19-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, you can use him if you want. You would just have to stipulate it since he's not part of Mario's intrinsic or standard powerset.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

Yeah. Cappyis a special ruling because he is from only 1 Mario game. And due to him being sentient and etc is a side kick, not power up or device.

If you were going to say "Mario with all the power ups he's had though out the games," I see no reason why that would not include Cappy. it's like saying "Spider-man with all the various power-ups he's gotten" included the alien symbite.

If you were just going to say "Mario vs ____" then Cappy wouldn't be included as he's not a typical part of the Mario package.