Default Immortal Hulk #0

does anyone know where the placement of this comic goes? the framing sequence has a all new story. inbetween which issues should this be read? Al Ewing doesnt answer his tweets

Somewhere between #13 and #20. It shows that Leader already possessed Brian in #20, but we know that wasn't yet the case during Hulk in Hell arc. Leader teamed-up with Dr. Alba in Hulkverines which takes place between #13 and #14 and he says in #34 that he only started acting after he left Alba.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Somewhere between #13 and #20. It shows that Leader already possessed Brian in #20, but we know that wasn't yet the case during Hulk in Hell arc. Leader teamed-up with Dr. Alba in Hulkverines which takes place between #13 and #14 and he says in #34 that he only started acting after he left Alba.
    wow that far back? wish i knew exactly when though, i would like to know where to place it in my longbox

Actually after looking at the end of #34, I would say that Leader got Brian first before possessing Rick. So it would go. #1-8, Best Defense, #9-13, No Road Home, Hulkverines, "present" part of #25, "present" part of #34, framing sequence of #0, #14-20, Absolute Carnage, #21-24, #26-28, Incoming, #29-33, #35-37.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Actually after looking at the end of #34, I would say that Leader got Brian first before possessing Rick. So it would go. #1-8, Best Defense, #9-13, No Road Home, Hulkverines, "present" part of #25, "present" part of #34, framing sequence of #0, #14-20, Absolute Carnage, #21-24, #26-28, Incoming, #29-33, #35-37.

so if im just going with Immortal Hulk were looking at

#1-13
    #25 "present" part
    #34 "present" Part
    #14-37

so in my long box after #34 would be the best place to place #0?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

It's extremely weird placement. It's heavily implied that the "grave digger" was the Leader the entire time, even back then. But the in-between story also implies that the "flashbacks" were told from the 3rd-person perspective and it was basically Leader tormenting Brian Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    It's extremely weird placement. It's heavily implied that the "grave digger" was the Leader the entire time, even back then. But the in-between story also implies that the "flashbacks" were told from the 3rd-person perspective and it was basically Leader tormenting Brian Banner.
    Nah. I think the original digger is supposed to be Stan/TOAA. He even makes a reference to a previous guy.

BANNED

The Immortal Hulk #0 takes place after Immortal Hulk #13 and it's been taking place there, if you look at Immortal Hulk #0 it appears the Leader has put Brian in a perpetual loop of torment, Brian comes to his wifes grave, Ledear reveals to him he died, he tells him to take his hand but reveals that he already did that(first time he did it was at the ending of issue #34 which chronologically should take place after issue #13).

And yea the Leader mentions there was a previous grave digger which is obviously Stan Lee himself, which if we asked Ewing i am guessing his answer would be it was TOAA for the context of the story.