Default Something I'd love to see them do with Superman in the comics

I'd love to see them do the Legacy story line from the animated series especially since there were plans for Superman to have a son with Lashina that'd grow up to overthrow Darkseid. I'd like to see that all play out in the main continuity as I think it'd be interesting. I think a good way of doing it would be to have a God of War type of story line where Darkseid after failing to control Superman discovers a prophesy that fortells his distruction and so on then he learns Lashina is pregnant and tries killing her but she escapes and raises the kid on her own on an isolated planet or something then the kid grows up is living a basically normal life and Darkseid's forces show up and do what they usually do killing those the guy loves unknowingly sparking his rage and beginning the prophesy that foretold Darkseid's end and things go into a Ragnarok type scenario with both New Genesis and Apokolips being caught in a blood bath never seen before.

I really like this idea because I can see a Kryptonian New God hybrid having all of Superman's strengths and none of his weaknesses and I think that really would be a challenge for Darkseid. I also love the idea of there being someone who even without yellow sun given powers is capable of a climatic level of strength which would also be fun to see imagine Darkseid fighting someone on his level of strength and they fall through a Boom Tube on to a planet with a yellow sun and Darkseid goes from struggling to get an edge to completely overwhelmed.

I just really think a story about the end of the New Gods would be awesome especially if it shattered worlds and forever changed the DC landscape. Besides I'd like to see Superman react to being brainwashed as I don't think he'd stop like he did in the animated series if Darkseid did that to him in fact I don't think there'd be anything left of Darkseid for said prophesy to be fullfilled since I'm pretty sure he'd obliterate Darkseid or die trying.

I'm also not sure how Darkseid would handle being told he's prophesized to die I mean he's always talking about how he's forever and stuff so I imagine him being told that he'd be killed and overthrown would potentially rattle him.

No more Superkids, thank you.

Its creative, but in the end I think that would be something that could really only be told in an original DCAU scenario. In the comics, I think they should always remain true to Kirby's lore, as opposed to replacing Orion's intended role with a Super character. I enjoy stories where Superman is a key enemy of Darkseid, don't get me wrong. I like that dynamic and it makes all the sense in the world to me why a character like Darkseid would hate and fear Superman. But it works in my head only so long as it doesn't overstep the bounds of the lore Kirby created. To me it should never be changed that it is destined for Orion to do battle with and ultimately defeat his biological father. We can all just forget the way Countdown completely laughably botched it and just throw that out, of course.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its creative, but in the end I think that would be something that could really only be told in an original DCAU scenario. In the comics, I think they should always remain true to Kirby's lore, as opposed to replacing Orion's intended role with a Super character. I enjoy stories where Superman is a key enemy of Darkseid, don't get me wrong. I like that dynamic and it makes all the sense in the world to me why a character like Darkseid would hate and fear Superman. But it works in my head only so long as it doesn't overstep the bounds of the lore Kirby created. To me it should never be changed that it is destined for Orion to do battle with and ultimately defeat his biological father. We can all just forget the way Countdown completely laughably botched it and just throw that out, of course.
    The thing about that is orion would never be able to actually kill darkseid. Especially, now with them making him just a physical avatar.
    Anyways, That's a decent concept. A bit redundant. Since, the concept is being used extensively already .But, The character could be of the charts and clark needs more complicated relationships. As it is, superman barely cares about bizarro enough.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's Orion's destiny to overthrow Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No more Superkids, thank you.
    Plus, there is already a certain someone who will grow up to overthrow Darkseid. You may have heard of a lil fella by the name of ....Orion?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's Orion's destiny to overthrow Darkseid.
    I don't know why I didn't read through the thread before posting. Essentially this. Superman has his own mythology. No need to klep other people's

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The thing about that is orion would never be able to actually kill darkseid. Especially, now with them making him just a physical avatar.
    Anyways, That's a decent concept. A bit redundant. Since, the concept is being used extensively already .But, The character could be of the charts and clark needs more complicated relationships. As it is, superman barely cares about bizarro enough.
    If there is anyone that could kill him it would be Orion a New God like him. I think you miss the point there, the Physical Avatar things are not exclusive to Darkseid, but also every New Gods. If you read the Seven Soldiers: Mr. Miracle by Morrisson and Pasqual Ferry, you will see that all New Gods are reincarnated into Earth in form of Avatars. That's the reason why in the Final Crisis, Darkseid plans to off Orion first and made the storm of cosmic menace to block the Highfather and the others to intervene in his plan. Because to Morrisson and Kirby, New Gods as whole are not abstract beings, but abstracts concept. Highfather and the others might lose the first war to Darkseid and his cronies, but they will always return, because they never die.