Default Regarding Mario and Cappy

Let's say I wanted to use Mario in a Rumble here, and possibly give him Cappy (Super Mario Odyssey).

Does Cappy count as a powerup, or a sidekick/outside help according to the rules of Khazan?

I ask because while he has powers that Mario can and does use in battle/in the field, Cappy IS in fact a sentient, living being (hell, he even has a sister).

EDIT: After looking it up, I have found that Cappy would DEFINITELY count as a sidekick/outside help, since his normal form DOES have a "body" under the hat.
    Last edited by Ultra_Sonic; 09-19-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, you can use him if you want. You would just have to stipulate it since he's not part of Mario's intrinsic or standard powerset.

Yeah. Cappyis a special ruling because he is from only 1 Mario game. And due to him being sentient and etc is a side kick, not power up or device.

If you were going to say "Mario with all the power ups he's had though out the games," I see no reason why that would not include Cappy. it's like saying "Spider-man with all the various power-ups he's gotten" included the alien symbite.

If you were just going to say "Mario vs ____" then Cappy wouldn't be included as he's not a typical part of the Mario package.