Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default is time warner in financial trouble?

recently i've read that there has been interest in time warner being bought by other corporations. i was wondering why. is time warner in trouble?

some articles even mentioned disney as a potential buyer? disney who owns marvel...

i would prefer dc and marvel continue to be separate entities. just so the low tier characters of each company would still get attention. kind of like when dc and wildstorm merged, wildstorm characters became less important it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    recently i've read that there has been interest in time warner being bought by other corporations. i was wondering why. is time warner in trouble?

some articles even mentioned disney as a potential buyer? disney who owns marvel...

i would prefer dc and marvel continue to be separate entities. just so the low tier characters of each company would still get attention. kind of like when dc and wildstorm merged, wildstorm characters became less important it seemed.
    21st Century Fox tried to buy Time Warner and they rejected it, I don't think it went beyond that.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    21st Century Fox tried to buy Time Warner and they rejected it, I don't think it went beyond that.
    Sources are saying that Disney is going to make an offer of 169 billion. Fox's final offer was 32 billion (i think).

I wonder if the govt would consider Disney owning Time Warner a monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i was thinking of the same thing...

disney owning marvel is just fine with me. but when they got hold of star wars... well it left me wondering what would happen with the extended universe continuity (thrawn, jacen, jaina, mara jade....) . too bad for dark horse i get.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Of what? Disney would own the lion share of the market but their control would not be a monopoly since there are many other viable companies in the marketplace. Most of them do not sell bucket loads of comics but at the end of the day that is just the consumer expressing their interest in characters they like and want to read about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Of what? Disney would own the lion share of the market but their control would not be a monopoly since there are many other viable companies in the marketplace. Most of them do not sell bucket loads of comics but at the end of the day that is just the consumer expressing their interest in characters they like and want to read about.
    You do realize that Time Warner also makes movies and tv shows and owns several cable channels? Comics would be the least of the problems.

Incredible Member

From what I've heard from the talking heads on the financial shows, the Securities and Exchange Commision(SEC) never met a merger they didn't like. So yeah, there maybe a good chance of it going through.

it seems like warner bros. will be having employee layoffs in its burbank studio.

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/warner...004354962.html

BANNED

Considering what Comcast has gobbled up, and net neutrality laws to serve mega-corporations like Comcast, I don't see this Supreme Court knocking it down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Sources are saying that Disney is going to make an offer of 169 billion. Fox's final offer was 32 billion (i think).
    What sources? You think even Disney has $169 billion available to just throw around? BTW, Fox's offer was around $80 billion (not $32 billion) and it still wasn't enough. If anything, it's probably some people flat out inventing stuff for hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    What sources? You think even Disney has $169 billion available to just throw around? BTW, Fox's offer was around $80 billion (not $32 billion) and it still wasn't enough. If anything, it's probably some people flat out inventing stuff for hits.
    http://www.newsarama.com/21880-could...dc-merger.html

BANNED

Thought so. Literally nothing about Disney offering $169 billion. Just regurgitates some baseless speculation from the Hollywood Reporter.