Default The Grand Inquisitor as a Jedi Temple Guard

I've read that he was once a Temple Guard, was it mentioned in the Star Wars Rebels cartoon? I can't remember if it was mentioned, or if it was ever shown on the series?

iMan 42s

I don't believe it's ever mentioned so much as it was heavily implied to be the case. I don't remember this coming up in the Darth Vader books either though I could be wrong.

In Rebels when Kanan has his vision in the temple he faces a few temple guards with one of them being revealed to be the then deceased Grand Inquisitor. Of course revealing he was once a Jedi (fitting with what we know of the Inquisitors) but whether this was ore symbolic given the nature of the vision if anything isn't 100% clear though it's very likely that he was a temple guard as he shows up later in the same outfit to hold off the other Inquisitors.

So while it's not 100% it's pretty likely he was.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I don't know if he explicitly referred to himself as a temple guard in the Vader comic, but he was definitely a former Jedi before he became an Inquisitor.

Word of God is that he was one of the guards that arrested Ahsoka in the "Wrong Jedi" arc at the end.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kind of seems a bit weird that he was appeared semi-redeemed in Kanan's vision but he's pretty much back to being a bad guy-although a captive one-in the latest Star Wars comic.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of seems a bit weird that he was appeared semi-redeemed in Kanan's vision but he's pretty much back to being a bad guy-although a captive one-in the latest Star Wars comic.
    I don't think it was the Grand Inquisitor's spirit in the vision, but just the Force using his visage as an avatar to interact with Kanan. So, I don't think the Grant Inquisitor was ever redeemed once fallen.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think it was the Grand Inquisitor's spirit in the vision, but just the Force using his visage as an avatar to interact with Kanan. So, I don't think the Grant Inquisitor was ever redeemed once fallen.
    It seemed too personalized for me to believe that, but if he wasn't really dead than it couldn't be him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It seemed too personalized for me to believe that, but if he wasn't really dead than it couldn't be him.
    He was supposed to be dead by that time, so maybe. On the other hand, Jason Isaacs is the sort of actor you'd want as a Force mouthpiece if you need one, anyways...
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I've read that he was once a Temple Guard, was it mentioned in the Star Wars Rebels cartoon? I can't remember if it was mentioned, or if it was ever shown on the series?
    It was when Kanan had his force vision when He, Erza and Ashoka returned to the Jedi Temple at Lothel.