Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default When did Osborn start running Ravencroft??

Wow I missed that jump. Last I remember Osborn was locked up in a cell and Kindred was visiting in his cell. How'd he get out and start running the place?

Which issues?

In the Ravencroft mini and one-shots that came a few months ago.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Read Ruins of Ravencroft and that will answer your doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Read Ruins of Ravencroft and that will answer your doubts.
    Thanks, didn't have doubts, just missed that one shot where it happened. Which AMS issues does that one shot fit between?

Was anyone expecting that series to end up being as plot relevant as it did? I sure didn't.

A development that big not happening in ASM was a huge mistake.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone expecting that series to end up being as plot relevant as it did? I sure didn't.
    Yeah, i still can't believe that Kafka came back there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sheesh you can say that again! Can't believe that was revealed in that mini, I didn't pick it up. ALSO, not even an editors note in ASM that mentioned "ol Normie took over Ravencroft see "ravencroft #5"

Also not a fan of how this was handled, very unclear that the Ravencroft mini-series was supposed to become very important to the big ASM stories. Literally all of the big developments with Norman the past few years from landing in Ravencroft, and being checked up on by Kindred, still thinking he's Cletus Kassidy- those were in ASM and then the next time you see Norman in ASM he's totally fine and he's director of Ravencroft now out of nowhere. It's just a sloppy choice, poor editorial decisions all around there. It's the kind of time where it would be good for an editor to step in and say "hey, we should probably at least mention this somewhere"

While I agree that it should have been mentioned, I disagree with dragging editors through the mud. That's not cool. They're still people.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that regard, the Ravencroft stories following Absolute Carnage should've either been folded into the main title somehow, or at least given more importance and promotion by Marvel as opposed to being treated like a "throwaway" side story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

To me it makes sense that it happened in it's own book rather than ASM is because him being director of Ravencroft is something that can have implications that are not just exclusive to Spider-man and his world.

Whether people like it or not Norman has been elevated to a position in the Marvel U to where Spider-man is not the only hero he's going to antagonize going forward so people need to accept that he's going to show up in different corners of the Marvel U from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    To me it makes sense that it happened in it's own book rather than ASM is because him being director of Ravencroft is something that can have implications that are not just exclusive to Spider-man and his world.

Whether people like it or not Norman has been elevated to a position in the Marvel U to where Spider-man is not the only hero he's going to antagonize going forward so people need to accept that he's going to show up in different corners of the Marvel U from time to time.
    Well said and agreed!

Basically, the reason Norman Osborn can run Ravencroft can pretty much be chalked up to him essentially saying this:

--Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post

I do like that, for the most part, but what I don't like is there seeming to be no continuity references to the Ravencroft one-shots and miniseries for those who read ASM, but didn't bother with Ravencroft for whatever reason, to get caught up on why Norman Osborn, who last appeared in ASM still mentally broken to the point he thought he was Cletus Kasady, was "all of a sudden" back to his usual "villain with good publicity" act.
    The spider is always on the hunt.