Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Basically, the reason Norman Osborn can run Ravencroft can pretty much be chalked up to him essentially saying this:

A fellow Yu-Gi-Oh! fan? Nice. Regardless, that makes too much sense, both in the context of the Marvel Universe and the real world, and come to think of it, it's also Dario Agger of Roxxon's explicit justification for getting off scot-free despite betraying Earth to Malekith and his forces during War of the Realms.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I do like that, for the most part, but what I don't like is there seeming to be no continuity references to the Ravencroft one-shots and miniseries for those who read ASM, but didn't bother with Ravencroft for whatever reason, to get caught up on why Norman Osborn, who last appeared in ASM still mentally broken to the point he thought he was Cletus Kasady, was "all of a sudden" back to his usual "villain with good publicity" act.
    Yeah, i still haven't read Ravencroft either, because i didn't knew that Norman was involved, i only hear about the one-shots and none of then mentioned Norman. I wasn't surprised by this development in Spencer run, because i actually saw some scans of the mini last month (when Norman was pretty well portrayed).
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, i still haven't Ravencroft either, because i didn't knew that Norman was involved, i only hear about the one-shots and none then mentioned Norman. I wasn't surprised by this development in Spencer run, because i actually saw some scans of the mini last month (when Norman was pretty well portrayed).
    Probably to make or keep his involvement as a surprise to the readers, and yes, I also think Tieri did a decent job with Norman's character. That said, do you think this mysterious new clandestine government organization backing Norman is gonna expect some return on investment sooner or later?

Incredible Member

I do like that, for the most part, but what I don't like is there seeming to be no continuity references to the Ravencroft one-shots and miniseries for those who read ASM, but didn't bother with Ravencroft for whatever reason, to get caught up on why Norman Osborn, who last appeared in ASM still mentally broken to the point he thought he was Cletus Kasady, was "all of a sudden" back to his usual "villain with good publicity" act.

Yeah i don't disagree with any of that...Seems like Marvel might have overestimated how many fans of Spider-man would follow the mini and it's associated one shots.

Probably to make or keep his involvement as a surprise to the readers, and yes, I also think Tieri did a decent job with Norman's character. That said, do you think this mysterious new clandestine government organization backing Norman is gonna expect some return on investment sooner or later?
    In Spencer run? maybe, it depends of what they do with Norman in the next issue and if there are any future plans for him in the run. Clandestine organizations aren't something that Spider-Man deals with in a regular basis, but then again Kindred and Kingpin are involved, maybe Peter is gonna deal with the demon while the "Order of Web" is gonna be busy with the rest of the organization.

Also i'm glad that they resurrected Kafka, i hated how she was killed in Superior and her charactherization there (so this woman believed that she can cure freaking Carnage, but this new guy is beyond her?, screw you Superior Spider-Man).
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Probably so but they seemed pleased with him by th end of the mini. It will be interesting to see if Norman will be able to handle the pressure of the expectations they'll continue to ask of him and if he'll take his meds.

Also J.A.N.U.S is comprised of interesting individuals some of whom have history with Osborn ( Viper, Monica Rappaccini) and those to my knowledge he's never interacted with (Malcolm Colcord, Guardian/James Hudson, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While I agree that it should have been mentioned, I disagree with dragging editors through the mud. That's not cool. They're still people.
    It's literally their job.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yeah i don't disagree with any of that...Seems like Marvel might have overestimated how many fans of Spider-man would follow the mini and it's associated one shots.
    Happens all the time, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    In Spencer run? maybe, it depends of what they do with Norman in the next issue and if there are any future plans for him in the run. Clandestine organizations aren't something that Spider-Man deals with in a regular basis, but then again Kindred and Kingpin are involved, maybe Peter is gonna deal with the demon while the "Order of Web" is gonna be busy with the rest of the organization.

Also i'm glad that they resurrected Kafka, i hated how she was killed in Superior and her charactherization there (so this woman believed that she can cure freaking Carnage, but this new guy is beyond her?, screw you Superior Spider-Man).
    Technically, the Kafka we see is one of the surviving "reanimates" from The Clone Conspiracy, but since Spencer already established through Connors' family that those "reanimates" have the same souls as their original selves . . .

Probably so but they seemed pleased with him by th end of the mini. It will be interesting to see if Norman will be able to handle the pressure of the expectations they'll continue to ask of him and if he'll take his meds.

Also J.A.N.U.S is comprised of interesting individuals some of whom have history with Osborn ( Viper, Monica Rappaccini) and those to my knowledge he's never interacted with (Malcolm Colcord, Guardian/James Hudson, etc)
    Colcord was a leading figure in Weapon X and Hudson was team leader of Alpha Flight under Canada's Department H, which colluded with Weapon X in the past. As for Viper and Monica Rappaccini, I remember those two from Osborn's attempt at reviving H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Dark Avengers, but do you think the latter's profile will be raised any by spoilers:
    the Avengers game that just came out?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's literally their job.
    And? Y'all act like kids when one piece of continuity isn't addressed. You knew EXACTLY where it was, because people talked about it here. That it didn't come up in ASM isn't all the editor's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    And? Y'all act like kids when one piece of continuity isn't addressed. You knew EXACTLY where it was, because people talked about it here. That it didn't come up in ASM isn't all the editor's fault.
    Why do you have to be so condescending here, man? It's a comic book forum where we talk about this stuff in detail cause we're all passionate about it. Are we not allowed to point out when we think things can be done better? If people are even asking where this happened when they're only reading the main book, then I think it's a problem if it isn't really addressed. Most fans aren't on discussion boards to even ask this stuff, we're not a big online population. I am enjoying the current run overall very much, but damned if I ain't allowed to have some nitpicks here and there.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 09-19-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Why do you have to be so condescending here, man? It's a comic book forum where we talk about this stuff in detail cause we're all passionate about it. Are we not allowed to point out when we think things can be done better? If people are even asking where this happened when they're only reading the main book, then I think it's a problem if it isn't really addressed. Most fans aren't on discussion boards to even ask this stuff, we're not a big online population. I am enjoying the current run overall very much, but damned if I ain't allowed to have some nitpicks here and there.
    While you have a right to your opinion, it just comes across as more nagging and whining than actual critique. Here's an example of actual critique: I wished they had made a mention in ASM. It's all about tone and whatnot.

On a side note, I know I'm in a comic book forum and that most people probably don't talk about this stuff in detail. I'm just saying they may not have the same nitpicks.

I finally read Sins of Norman Osborn, thinking they could have taken that issue as an opportunity to do a recap or even mention how Normie became the Director of Ravencroft, but alas, no.

Incredible Member

Colcord was a leading figure in Weapon X and Hudson was team leader of Alpha Flight under Canada's Department H, which colluded with Weapon X in the past. As for Viper and Monica Rappaccini, I remember those two from Osborn's attempt at reviving H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Dark Avengers, but do you think the latter's profile will be raised any by spoilers:
    the Avengers game that just came out?
    end of spoilers

I've only played the beta so i'm not exactly sure how large a role she has in the game but i'm sure her involvement in the game has raised her profile amongst the various writers and editors at Marvel at least a little bit.

I've only played the beta so i'm not exactly sure how large a role she has in the game but i'm sure her involvement in the game has raised her profile amongst the various writers and editors at Marvel at least a little bit.
    Yeah, I hope you're right there. She has the potential to be a great universe-wide villain for Marvel, and funny enough, she did appear in the recent animated series as the head of A.I.M., so maybe she might just get there.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I hope you're right there. She has the potential to be a great universe-wide villain for Marvel, and funny enough, she did appear in the recent animated series as the head of A.I.M., so maybe she might just get there.

Yeah i think she got passed over in favor of Andrew Forson as the leader of A.I.M. when Hickman decided to give that group more of a push during his Avengers run but i wouldn't be against seeing more of her as well. I'm guessing at the very least she'll make a couple appearances in the animated MODOK show that will be on Hulu.