Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    While you have a right to your opinion, it just comes across as more nagging and whining than actual critique. Here's an example of actual critique: I wished they had made a mention in ASM. It's all about tone and whatnot.

On a side note, I know I'm in a comic book forum and that most people probably don't talk about this stuff in detail. I'm just saying they may not have the same nitpicks.
    Nick Lowe is a terrible editor. There, it’s been said.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Nick Lowe is a terrible editor. There, it’s been said.
    You just proved my point to the letter.

So what exact issue is he shown being released from his cell and putting a suit on to run the joint?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    So what exact issue is he shown being released from his cell and putting a suit on to run the joint?
    I refer to an earlier thread I made few months ago.

hi there, read your thread, still unclear when Kingpin appoints Osborn, is it Ravencroft #5?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    hi there, read your thread, still unclear when Kingpin appoints Osborn, is it Ravencroft #5?
    Can't recall the exact issue. It happens gradually, first he comes on as a consultant and then becomes the boss. Could have been the last issue, yeah.

All-New Member

We never see Osborn being released. He tells us about it when he first appears in the Ruins of Ravencroft: Dracula prelude. In the Ravencroft miniseries Osborn was a consultant at Ravencroft, though in what official role is never made clear. Fisk was acting Director of Ravencroft in the miniseries until issue 5, when he achieved his goal of defeating the Unwanted at Ravencroft. We don't see Osborn explicitly named Director after that. It apparently happened between the end of the Ravencroft miniseries and Osborn's next appearance in Amazing Spider-Man 46, where, again, Osborn tells us that it has happened, though this time Norah Winters confirms it. Osborn's dialog in that issue implies that he has made changes to procedures and staffing at Ravencroft since taking over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was anyone expecting that series to end up being as plot relevant as it did? I sure didn't.
    I remember when the mini was first announced and first started coming out, there were interviews and such about it where the editors were commenting that it was a big deal because Ravencroft was going to be featured in a big way in later plans. They didn't specify ASM specifically, but they did make a point of indicating that the RAVENCROFT mini was going to be 'important' in setting up future stories and wasn't just a standalone project.

Unfortunately it seems like they didn't ring that bell loud enough though, since this thread makes it clear that a lot of people missed the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I remember when the mini was first announced and first started coming out, there were interviews and such about it where the editors were commenting that it was a big deal because Ravencroft was going to be featured in a big way in later plans. They didn't specify ASM specifically, but they did make a point of indicating that the RAVENCROFT mini was going to be 'important' in setting up future stories and wasn't just a standalone project.

Unfortunately it seems like they didn't ring that bell loud enough though, since this thread makes it clear that a lot of people missed the message.
    The Ravencroft stuff is pretty cool but the editors should be wise enough know that major plot points in Amazing Spider-Man, consistently one of Marvel's core titles, shouldn't be occuring in random mini-series. Even an editor's note is insufficient. The real solution would've been to let Ravencroft readers get the initial surprise, and then slap a few pages explaining/showing/adapting Norman getting the job into ASM. But do that before Sin's Rising starts. Now people just reading the run are going to witness a massive out of nowhere jump in a character's status quo and be confused.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You just proved my point to the letter.
    What is your point?

- Jason G. Carr

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In that regard, the Ravencroft stories following Absolute Carnage should've either been folded into the main title somehow, or at least given more importance and promotion by Marvel as opposed to being treated like a "throwaway" side story.
    Back-up stories.

But nah. That would've been less money.
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Back-up stories.

But nah. That would've been less money.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.