Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Yeah Thanos got into a tussle with the Champion, I freely admit I forgot that particular fight happened there, however the entire point was to get Champion to destroy the planet, stranding himself in the middle of space. He didn't intend to just beat the gem off of him(and indeed, Champion essentially no sold everything Thanos did to him)

Again this was Champion, he's cosmic Rhino, super strong, dumb as a box of hammers, didn't know how the Power Gem worked and didn't realize it did actually work. The reality gem is a great deal more dangerous if the user is remotely competent.

This is how that encounter ended:

And that's the only time Thanos went after an infinity gem via the direct route.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-18-2014 at 11:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah Thanos got into a tussle with the Champion, I freely admit I forgot that particular fight happened there, however the entire point was to get Champion to destroy the planet, stranding himself in the middle of space. He didn't intend to just beat the gem off of him(and indeed, Champion essentially no sold everything Thanos did to him)

Again this was Champion, he's cosmic Rhino, super strong, dumb as a box of hammers, didn't know how the Power Gem worked and didn't realize it did actually work. The reality gem is a great deal more dangerous if the user is remotely competent.

This is how that encounter ended:

And that's the only time Thanos went after an infinity gem via the direct route.
    Yes I remember this fight. He went directly as well with everyone else besides The Stranger. So it is because the Reality Gem is the most Powerful?

So you're claiming he went with fisticuffs and not trickery or other infinity gem use with the in Betweener? Gardener? Runner? Collector? Grandmaster? Feel free to provide scans. Actually I'll just save the suspense, no he didn't, he tricked the Inbetweener, Collector, and Grandmaster, and he used the Gems he had already against the Gardener and Runner.

This is Thanos Quest summed up in an nutshell

Last edited by Hiromi; 08-18-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Ok, I'd just like to point out a few things here.

A) The Stranger never controlled the Reality Gem (or any other gem for that matter). I don't know why you people are implying that he did.
    B) Technically Thanos did gain the soul gem by force. Here is how he acquired it:
    You address omnipotence. Tread carefully. - Thanos of Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So you're claiming he went with fisticuffs and not trickery or other infinity gem use with the in Betweener? Gardener? Runner? Collector? Grandmaster? Feel free to provide scans. Actually I'll just save the suspense, no he didn't, he tricked the Inbetweener, Collector, and Grandmaster, and he used the Gems he had already against the Gardener and Runner.

This is Thanos Quest summed up in an nutshell

You seem very angry when you yourself said Thanos NEVER got into ANY fighting with any of them. Give it up bro because we clearly saw him fight with the Champion. Move on with your life bro.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Ok, I'd just like to point out a few things here.

A) The Stranger never controlled the Reality Gem (or any other gem for that matter). I don't know why you people are implying that he did.
    B) Technically Thanos did gain the soul gem by force. Here is how he acquired it:
    I remember this as well. What was the item that Thanos stole from The Stranger? It wasn't even in Thanos Quest or was it?

Some stuff. You guys are possibly referring to the first time Thanos grabbed the soul gems in his extinguish the stars plot, when they were just the soul gems, I dimly recall the Stranger having had one and Thanos having somehow ended up with it anyway.

In Thanos Quest, the Collector had the reality gem, the Stranger never showed up in it.

The reality gem is indeed the most powerful of the gems, and relatedly the most difficult to control. Thanos straight up resurrected Captain Marvel from pure nothingness, then returned him to it, via the gem. He was going to use it to force Death to love him, before being talked out of that.

edit: and granted that second thing is not /quite/ a feat, but it was treated as something the gem could totally do, as far as it goes.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 08-19-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Just a quick sidenote:
    How can Thanos so casually hurt the Inbetweener, I thought latter once when toe-to-toe with Galactus?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just a quick sidenote:
    How can Thanos so casually hurt the Inbetweener, I thought latter once when toe-to-toe with Galactus?
    Inbetweener had been put into house arrest in a dimension in which he was sealed from his power source and Thanos had just tricked him into wasting all his remaining energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    You seem very angry when you yourself said Thanos NEVER got into ANY fighting with any of them. Give it up bro because we clearly saw him fight with the Champion. Move on with your life bro.
    Edit: On second thought no I won't take part in your trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just a quick sidenote:
    I can't find the particular scan that explains it in an easy to post format(it's the next page from what Omega posted), but essentially the area outside the In-Betweener's prison didn't allow his powers to work, so Thanos bitch slapped a powerless cosmic, took the gem, then left before Lord Chaos and Master Order popped in to recollect the In-Betweener, whole thing's on Marvel Unlimited if anyone else has the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Some stuff. You guys are possibly referring to the first time Thanos grabbed the soul gems in his extinguish the stars plot, when they were just the soul gems, I dimly recall the Stranger having had one and Thanos having somehow ended up with it anyway.
    Thanks, I knew it wasn't Thanos Quest since Stranger was never a Guardian and was a bit fuzzy on when this would have happened in the timeline.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-19-2014 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

It worries me how stupid a group that calls themselves the "Elders of the Universe" can be. Change the name to something more fitting like "Old, but gullible".

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The wanted "Senile Codgers of the Universe", but Clint Eastwood's and Tommy Lee Jones' team from Space Cowboys already had that copywrited.

BANNED

It should just be a cosmic rule in Marvel..whenever Thanos appears to be doing something that has nothing to do with his fascination and obsession with Death..you need to automatically assume that yes it is secretly all about Death anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It worries me how stupid a group that calls themselves the "Elders of the Universe" can be. Change the name to something more fitting like "Old, but gullible".
    To be fair, it's Thanos. Also, CIS and PIS helped. A lot of the Elders are extremely arrogant, and took Thanos (and many others) lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He was going to use it to force Death to love him, before being talked out of that.
    That was when he had the full gauntlet, which puts him above Death. Which also means the Power Gem was amplifying the Reality Gem (along with the other ones as well).