Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Joanna Cargill/Frenzy Appreciation 2020

frenzy___send_reenforcements_by_dristin007_dccfp15-fullview.jpg

Because one was needed, dammit. Why are we not talking about this consumate badass?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Amazing Member

Default Frenzy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    frenzy___send_reenforcements_by_dristin007_dccfp15-fullview.jpg

Because one was needed, dammit. Why are we not talking about this consumate badass?
    I love this character and wish she would get more love. I think Krakoa needs a team of female brawlers with Frenzy, Monet and Diamond Lil, who could all kick some major behind. Maybe one day.

Although I never liked the fact that she killed Nurse Sharon, there's plenty of people on the team who've done far worse, so...Make Mine Frenzy!

Frenzy has long since been one of my favorites, and I was so happy when she finally got to shine in Carey's run. I love how even in her first few appearances, she was never just a straight up muscle. She always had layers and intelligence.

I am ok with this idea! That would be hella cool!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Mighty Member

I hope Miss JoJo is on a team book sometime next year.. I am curious where she stands strength wise.. Is she Colossus level or nah..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I hope Miss JoJo is on a team book sometime next year.. I am curious where she stands strength wise.. Is she Colossus level or nah..
    Supposedly 10 tons, same as Spider-Man, although she has been shown throwing down with the likes of She-Hulk or Rogue, who are far stronger than that. (Perhaps she's just a better fighter, or, as would be reasonable, She-Hulk and Rogue don't punch full force all the time, lest they be hip deep in manslaughter...).

10 tons makes sense, for someone who was originally meant to face off against a team whose 'heavy' was the Beast (who, at the time, was around 5 tons-ish, IIRC, although he shot up to 70 tons briefly later during that run), and not someone like Colossus or Rogue.

She's definitely 'steel-hard' though, one of those cases like Luke Cage (initially) of someone who is much tougher on the defense, than she is strong on the offense.

Astonishing Member

I don't know much about Frenzy but I got the feeling that she's a completely underrated and underappreciated character. Not mention from the few panels I've seen I like the chemistry between Cyclops and her. Also MORE black women X-Men members

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Frenzy was a good character during/after age of x the path of redemption is one of the main storylines of x-men.lets see more of her.

According Jordan White, she' supposed to be in a team book down the line. I wonder if she's in the book Al Ewing is writing.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Frenzy finally being given her chance to shine would be marvelous. I always thought she had real potential to be a breakout character.

Has Frenzy been scaled down since her introduction?
    I forgot how TALL she was in that first appearance in X-FACTOR #4
    (look out Hank, you are about to get B*TCHslapped)

(she's dwarfing a guy named TOWER)

Ultimate Member

Yeah, her size has varied quite a bit. One could fanwank that in her initial appearances, she was all jacked up by whatever process Apocalypse uses on his Horsemen to amp up their powers and change their appearance / physical manifestations, as he did to Angel/Archangel, or to Caliban.

If, in later appearances, that process has worn off, she might be 'just' a tall strong woman, and not like seven plus feet tall.

Alternately, a small amount of size-changing could be part of her mutation, and when she's feeling particularly threatened (say, hanging around with a mutant supremacist who wants to kill anyone who he sees as 'weak...'), she might crank it up to full. But she's been in plenty of post-Apocalyse situations where she would have seemed to have use for going full out, and hasn't used it, so I'm thinking that the 'temporary Apocalypse upgrade' fanwank sounds better.

The obvious real answer being the same as why Sabertooth can now regenerate, after having a horrible unhealing facial scar in his earlier appearances from a fight with Spider-Man, or why Wolverine no longer has limited super-speed and claws that come off with his gloves, like in his first appearance vs. the Hulk and Wendigo. Stuff changes.

Fun fanwanking for that no-prize is fun, too.

And if it was a temporary change by Apocalypse, it could, like Angel/Archangel's deal, come back if desired, perhaps by being reframed as Apocalypse using his Celestial tech to help unlock the potential of her mutation, and after some new development it's finally fully unlocked and doesn't require that crutch. Or, more likely, it can never be mentioned again.