Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    For me. It is important to correct the view that GP has about Cheetah. They view her as a street leveler. And if she does get taken down the way the leaks say. Then the view of Cheetah being kinda weak won't change.
    I think they are aware of her, but don't really have much of a strong view of her one way or another.

So this won't reinforce that view because it doesn't really exist. I mean, the ones who complain the most about stuff like Batman one punching her is us on places like this, which doesn't really count.

Ares wasn't that impressive feat wise. And if the thing that takes out in the end is what the leaks say. It is very anti-climatic for the previous feats you had going toe to toe with Wondy. And let's not forget that Wondy is in serious need of better feats. Because there are many people calling her DCEU version street level without gear.
    Again, nobody but comic fans really label her as "street level" besides comic book fans. That's not a term the casuals use or care about. And we ultimately don't count that much in the grand scheme of things.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think they are aware of her, but don't really have much of a strong view of her one way or another.

So this won't reinforce that view because it doesn't really exist. I mean, the ones who complain the most about stuff like Batman one punching her is us on places like this, which doesn't really count.
    The comic audience doesn't have much respect for Cheetah. And from the general public, the ones that actually know her, most of them think she is another catwoman. So yes, it does matter if Cheetah's power is portrayed properly in WW84. It would be the first step to have Cheetah getting some respect and to finally get out of that vision that she is just a DC tigra or a catwoman wannabe that can be taken out easily.

I mean Cheetah will have two transformation scenes. Cheetah doesn't show up enough to have the general audience have an opinion. We have Dc Superhero girls where she is super strong If there are one Villians I have issues with it's Doris. She is dumb

The comic audience doesn't have much respect for Cheetah. And from the general public, the ones that actually know her, most of them think she is another catwoman. So yes, it does matter if Cheetah's power is portrayed properly in WW84. It would be the first step to have Cheetah getting some respect and to finally get out of that vision that she is just a DC tigra or a catwoman wannabe that can be taken out easily.
    The motivation and transformation into a beast-woman is going to render this a non-issue.

The "feats" thing is just a comic book fan thing. How she is taken out doesn't matter if the scene plays out well. I honestly think you're worrying over nothing.

The motivation and transformation into a beast-woman is going to render this a non-issue.

The "feats" thing is just a comic book fan thing. How she is taken out doesn't matter if the scene plays out well. I honestly think you're worrying over nothing.
    It does matter. A high tier wouldn't be taken out the way the leaks say. It doesn't speak well of her durability. And only reinforces the notion that Cheetah is not very durable. Just like the Cheetahs we have seen in many formats. Comics and films. Where she is taken out by one punch from a human or a bullet.

It does matter. A high tier wouldn't be taken out the way the leaks say. It doesn't speak well of her durability. And only reinforces the notion that Cheetah is not very durable. Just like the Cheetahs we have seen in many formats. Comics and films. Where she is taken out by one punch from a human or a bullet.
    The vast majority of people who will be seeing this movie do not know nor care that those comics exist and will never read them. They don't even make the transition to reading the good ones (for any IP).

This "high tier" stuff doesn't really factor into filmmaking or what makes a good story or how the scene plays out with the two actresses. It's just silly comic book stuff that won't even be entering into discussions about the movie. Just like complaints about Ares's perceived power level doesn't make it past fan circles.

I mean some had slowly started to. Especially some of the actors. So that's good. I mean it's good to have an increase of people become increased

The vast majority of people who will be seeing this movie do not know nor care that those comics exist and will never read them. They don't even make the transition to reading the good ones (for any IP).

This "high tier" stuff doesn't really factor into filmmaking or what makes a good story or how the scene plays out with the two actresses. It's just silly comic book stuff that won't even be entering into discussions about the movie. Just like complaints about Ares's perceived power level doesn't make it past fan circles.
    Maybe you don't care and that's ok. But i care. I'm tired of seeing WW and her world being portrayed as weak. And i'm tired of hearing the same reasoning about a good story. There is no reason why we can't have both. A good story and powerful characters. The GP will see the movie and think that Cheetah is not that strong, if the way she goes down is how the leaks describe. So why this always seems to be a problem with WW and her verse? Other filmakers put more effort into representing the worlds of the characters they are working with and their power levels.

Maybe you don't care and that's ok. But i care. I'm tired of seeing WW and her world being portrayed as weak. And i'm tired of hearing the same reasoning about a good story. There is no reason why we can't have both. A good story and powerful characters. The GP will see the movie and think that Cheetah is not that strong, if the way she goes down is how the leaks describe. So why this always seems to be a problem with WW and her verse? Other filmakers put more effort into representing the worlds of the characters they are working with and their power levels.
    I mean, just talking about "power levels" I'd say Diana's come off pretty well aside from scenes in Justice League that only Superman fans seem to care about.

But other than that, WW has usually been the stuff the general audiences have mostly liked about the DCEU which I'd say shows that some effort has been put into representing her franchise well
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-19-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, just talking about "power levels" I'd say Diana's come off pretty well aside from scenes in Justice League that only some Superman fans seem to care about.

But other than that, WW has usually been the stuff the general audiences have mostly liked about the DCEU which I'd say shows that some effort has been put into representing her franchise well
    Outside of jl. Her showings aren't bad. But i see too much focus on sword and shield. She never took a direct hit from Doomsday without gear for example. Things like that bothers me because Diana is far more than just a super human Xena. I don't like it when a sword and a shield get more and better showings than her actual powers.

from what i heard about the leaks of WW84, i think overall it will be a good film and have good action moments. But if the Cheetah part is true, i can't help but feel disappointed that she goes down in such a way after giving Diana a fight . She deserves better. My frustration is that these type of inconsistencies seem to happen more often in the wondy verse. And i'm tired of it. Is it too much to ask for WW and her verse to be writen as a real powerhouse fantasy adventure like they are supposed to be?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm more concerned that from what I've seen from the trailer that Barbara Minerva seems to be a beginner villain with Max Lord as the mastermind. This is a Geoff Johns advised movie so I get the feeling he's gonna prioritizing Max Lord as the bigger threat or at least the brain of the operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm more concerned that from what I've seen from the trailer that Barbara Minerva seems to be a beginner villain with Max Lord as the mastermind. This is a Geoff Johns advised movie so I get the feeling he's gonna prioritizing Max Lord as the bigger threat or at least the brain of the operation.
    Yeah, I’m a bit more disappointed Max is there instead of another WW villain like Psycho or Veronica Cale

I do care, it's just that this instance doesn't seem like a big deal compared to other stuff we get. Like Cheetah getting sniped by Jason Todd is hot flaming garbage and needs to be called out. This isn't anywhere near that level. It sounds like we have both a good story and a good showing, and these films never get as crazy OTT as the comics in terms of power levels anyway. How would you like Cheetah to go down, and what are other films doing that this isn't? The general audience won't come away thinking Cheetah is not that strong, that's comic book fan mentality speaking.

I'm also getting kind of tired about the "feats" and "flight" discussions in general, not just in this thread. Does Wonder Woman as a character and her world not have much going on otherwise that this is all we ever talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Judging by the leaks, they seem to be on equal footing and are using each other. He isn't really a mastermind behind Barbara, she is getting involved for her own reasons and the conflict between her and Diana is personal
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 09-20-2020 at 09:08 AM.

I'm not really that bothered by Max being a big villain - Cheetah is the one getting all the spotlight, hype, and love. I don't see Max Lord getting any Barbie dolls. She's the one people will likely remember.

I do care, it's just that this instance doesn't seem like a big deal compared to other stuff we get. Like Cheetah getting sniped by Jason Todd is hot flaming garbage and needs to be called out. This isn't anywhere near that level. It sounds like we have both a good story and a good showing, and these films never get as crazy OTT as the comics in terms of power levels anyway. How would you like Cheetah to go down, and what are other films doing that this isn't? The general audience won't come away thinking Cheetah is not that strong, that's comic book fan mentality speaking.

I'm also getting kind of tired about the "feats" and "flight" discussions in general, not just in this thread. Does Wonder Woman as a character and her world not have much going on otherwise that this is all we ever talk about?

Judging by the leaks, they seem to be on equal footing and are using each other. He isn't really a mastermind behind Barbara, she is getting involved for her own reasons and the conflict between her and Diana is personal
    The power level conversation happens a lot. It's tiring for all of us. But it happens often because well. You see how DC treats WW and her characters.

I think that the way Cheetah goes down according to leaks, can give the GP the notion that Cheetah is not very durable. Which is the same thing that happens with the jason todd case and others. I think that they should give Cheetah better showins for that notion to change. I don't expect a high tier that is durable enough to trade blows with Wondy to be put down by you know what according leaks.