Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder if Jakeem Thunder will be introduced in the next movie. Hopefully.
    Jakeem's showing up in the second season of Stargirl, so I doubt it.

Looks like black adams new release date is the same day as the next indiana jones film! (if it gets made that is!)

So jones vs black adam!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like black adams new release date is the same day as the next indiana jones film! (if it gets made that is!)

So jones vs black adam!
    Indy V has been "being made" for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess I don't really see it like that. It may not always be right but I don't think it's lazy. Plus there's way more White characters, and if they pushed a less well known PoC character, some would just complain about "But what about this character?" and so forth
    Just ignore the complainers. You can't get every white character adapted. You can't please everyone. But you can get POC characters up there, and you can do it without race-swapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or... god forbid... creating NEW, diverse characters.
    This. Although I prefer them making appearances in the comics first. Worked with Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. Although Dwayne is half Afro-Canadian I believe, so he is a "Black Adam"
    Wouldn't that make him half Afro-CanAdamian?

...I'll see myself out.

Indy V has been "being made" for a while now
    So has black adam! It's been "in the works" for what 7 years now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Just ignore the complainers. You can't get every white character adapted. You can't please everyone. But you can get POC characters up there, and you can do it without race-swapping.

This. Although I prefer them making appearances in the comics first. Worked with Miles Morales.
    I'd like to see more of the PoC comics characters adapted as well. But I feel because they're newer and less well known, some people would complain about more "important" characters not being adapted first. Plus, and I may have said this elsewhere, Hawkman kinda appropriated Egyptian culture anyway, so IMO it's only right the character be a PoC

Wouldn't that make him half Afro-CanAdamian?

...I'll see myself out.
    haha, bye!

That's true. At least we're finally getting somewhere!

2017. Its Shazam that was in the works forever, Black Adam as a solo project is fairly recent.

Because it always seems lazy when compared to actually using and pushing characters who are already minorities in the comics.
    One of my favorites was Will Smith as Deadshot........Ostrander's Suicide Squad was one of the first truly diverse comics I remember reading. They could've gotten Bronze Tiger, Ravan, Vixen, etc.....Instead, they race-bend Deadshot, lol.

And when they cast Will Smith as Deadshot, I thought to myself, "Well, hopefully he'll be true to the character, although he'll probably just do his usual thing." ......And I was right. they Will Smithed Deadshot. Will Smith simply played a badass version of himself, and suddenly Deadshot was able to compete with Batman in hand-to-hand combat.

As for Cyclone, they should've gotten Mr Terrific or Jakeem Thunder, but, whatever.

Incredible Member

So jones vs black adam!
    Reminds me of when Johnson was planning to play Doc Savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    One of my favorites was Will Smith as Deadshot........Ostrander's Suicide Squad was one of the first truly diverse comics I remember reading. They could've gotten Bronze Tiger, Ravan, Vixen, etc.....Instead, they race-bend Deadshot, lol.

And when they cast Will Smith as Deadshot, I thought to myself, "Well, hopefully he'll be true to the character, although he'll probably just do his usual thing." ......And I was right. they Will Smithed Deadshot. Will Smith simply played a badass version of himself, and suddenly Deadshot was able to compete with Batman in hand-to-hand combat.

As for Cyclone, they should've gotten Mr Terrific or Jakeem Thunder, but, whatever.
    It really looks like they're Sci-Fying Cyclone's costume.

Jakeem's on Stargirl so that's a no-go, and Mr. Terrific would, I guess, conflict with black Hawkman leading the JSA here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post

I think this is the first time I've seen Johnson acknowledge Shazam.

Ultimate Member

We don't even know when they'll meet

On the other hand, I'm wondering how powerful the JSA members will be in this movie, especially in comparison to Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    We don't even know when they'll meet

On the other hand, I'm wondering how powerful the JSA members will be in this movie, especially in comparison to Black Adam
    Probably Shazam 3.

Atom-Smasher is pretty strong. Hawkman's Nth Metal is pretty strong and he's agile. Same with Cyclone, who controls wind and is fast.

Dr. Fate is as effective as Nabu lets him be .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post

Yeah, that's my concern with Black Adam.

In SS, Will Smith's character was your basic 80s anti-hero, never threatening to lose the sympathy of the audience and pushing around the lesser stars. I hope that won't happen here, but there's a strong chance

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably Shazam 3.

Atom-Smasher is pretty strong. Hawkman's Nth Metal is pretty strong and he's agile. Same with Cyclone, who controls wind and is fast.

Dr. Fate is as effective as Nabu lets him be .
    I'm just wondering if they'll be adapted at full power or be weaker, at least initially, to show off Black Adam's power levels