Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the ship is supposed to be Thanagarian?

"Heroes don't kill" - Does anyone really think that anymore? Like, it was an achievement that Pattinsons Batman managed to keep his no-kill code intact by the end of the movie. I feel like it's going to make the JSA come off as softer and weaker than Adam, who is, y'know, the guy who the movie is based around.
    Yeah, I'd bet good money that the JSA come off as uptight wimps compared to Adam, who himself never goes beyond the average anti-hero

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the ship is supposed to be Thanagarian?

"Heroes don't kill" - Does anyone really think that anymore? Like, it was an achievement that Pattinsons Batman managed to keep his no-kill code intact by the end of the movie. I feel like it's going to make the JSA come off as softer and weaker than Adam, who is, y'know, the guy who the movie is based around.
    If it was based around Black Adam coming from a time in which things were handled very different and so his mindset is ingrained by literally everything, that would be different. Black Adam is a hero by the standards of his own time, but by the standards of modern time, he is an anti-hero or just a villain. The kill is just one of the more extreme ways his fish-out-of-nature situation comes into play. I think Black Adam is an ideal character to explore that kind of story with, and it could be really compelling.

I think the JSA would also be a good team to incorporate into such a story since some of them have lived through history to present day (ex. Hawkman) and seen how things changed, while others operated during World War II and other events. They wouldn't be naive about killing. They know that killing is sometimes tragically necessary as well as that killing should never be treated as a convenient solution.

"Heroes don't kill" as a general rule makes sense."Heroes don't kill no exception" is a different matter because of self-defense, war etc.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to go for anything like that.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-27-2022 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    If it was based around Black Adam coming from a time in which things were handled very different and so his mindset is ingrained by literally everything, that would be different. Black Adam is a hero by the standards of his own time, but by the standards of modern time, he is an anti-hero or just a villain. The kill is just one of the more extreme ways his fish-out-of-nature situation comes into play. I think Black Adam is an ideal character to explore that kind of story with, and it could be really compelling.

I think the JSA would also be a good team to incorporate into such a story since some of them have lived through history to present day (ex. Hawkman) and seen how things changed, while others operated during World War II and other events. They wouldn't be naive about killing. They know that killing is sometimes tragically necessary as well as that killing should never be treated as a convenient solution.

"Heroes don't kill" as a general rule makes sense."Heroes don't kill no exception" is a different matter because of self-defense, war etc.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to go for anything like that.
    That would be nice...

Ultimate Member

When would be the time we might get a trailer for this, anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When would be the time we might get a trailer for this, anyhow?
    Maybe closer to the Summer?

Mighty Member

BLACK ADAM Producer Reveals Why Movie was Delayed Until October

Producer Hiram Garcia tells The Wrap that VFX backlog is to blame for the Dwayne Johnson film’s release date shift

"I think we're just in a world right now where there was a huge and understandable freeze-up when the pandemic hit and a lot of productions were put on hold," Garcia told The Wrap. "Now that the industry has really roared back, the pipeline for VFX is so jammed. Obviously all these superhero movies just require so much VFX, and we're just in a situation where the majority of the VFX houses are just completely swamped with work."

"They're busting their ass and we're so grateful for all those VFX houses," he added. "It feels like things are starting to calibrate and I think you'll start to feel less shifts down the line."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    My mind immediately joked "Black Adam team up with Brother Eye!"

Mighty Member

Trailer out June 8th

Looking forward to it .

My main concern is that the Rock never plays bad guys. Even sympathetic ones. So I'm a little concerned that Black Adam's villainy will be somewhat tongue in cheek or sympathetic.

I mean this is the guy who just obliterates his enemies in the most brutal ways possible. He's not a nice fellow. And he's not particularly smart.

We'll see though. Its an origin story so Black Adam might not be that guy yet for most of the movie.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-31-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My main concern is that the Rock never plays bad guys. Even sympathetic ones. So I'm a little concerned that Black Adam's villainy will be somewhat tongue in cheek or sympathetic.

I mean this is the guy who just obliterates his enemies in the most brutal ways possible. He's not a nice fellow. And he's not particularly smart.

We'll see though. Its an origin story so Black Adam might not be that guy yet for most of the movie.
    Wasn't he the bad guy in the Doom movie? And Get Smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

Black Adam is not a villain in this. The Rock has always described him as an anti-hero and not once as a villain, and references the "slave turning on his masters" aspect of the character a lot. Even though his genocide is still canon he gets to hang out with the heroes and people still call him one. I don't get it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Black Adam is not a villain in this. The Rock has always described him as an anti-hero and not once as a villain, and references the "slave turning on his masters" aspect of the character a lot. Even though his genocide is still canon he gets to hang out with the heroes and people still call him one. I don't get it personally.
    What? Lol, wow ok that explains quite a bit. So sad, he's a wonderfully complicated character "just" as a villain. Black Adam is the only one who considers himself to be a hero and he would punch that characterization very hard!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    There are anti-heroes, and then they were anti-heroes, though.

For example, Will Smith's Deadshot. Your cliche anti-hero who never once threatened to lose the audience's sympathy, with his cliche of 'No women, no children'.

So like Scott, I do worry if Rock's Black Adam will simply be Will Smith's Deadshot, with the JSA playing Rick Flag (I.E., ineffective wimps only there to show how cool Adam is)