Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

I have to assume at least the Wizard will show up.

Black Adam's theme from the score was released yesterday.

It's ok. Not nearly as epic as say, the Wonder Woman theme.

I think it does a pretty good job of capturing the dark villainous tones with hints of a heroic theme peaking through.

Haha, wow after listening to it more it totally sounds like the silly song from the Ringo Star movie "Caveman"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Like many JSA fans I’m worried that they’re going to be just fodder for Black Adam, but there is evidence that they actually win the initial fight. The trailer shows Adam in a holding cell, in his human form, while Waller talks about his history. In order to get him to that point the JSA would have to be victorious in the first confrontation.

Maybe Adam overpowers them at first but they regroup and get him to say “Shazam” which leads to a JSA victory.
    JSA will need Uncle Dudley!

First they find the wizard and get him to change Adam's secret word to Chocolate Egg Cream, then second during battle Shazam grabs Adam and uses his word to cause both he and Adam to become depowered. But Adam now can't change back.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It's ok. Not nearly as epic as say, the Wonder Woman theme.
    Do you mean "Wonder Woman's Wrath" from the 2017 movie? Or "Is She With You?" from Batman v Superman? I like how the former incorporates the main beats of the latter while also being its own thing.

I think it does a pretty good job of capturing the dark villainous tones with hints of a heroic theme peaking through.
    Oh agreed.

Haha, wow after listening to it more it totally sounds like the silly song from the Ringo Star movie "Caveman"

Heh I can see that, its more sped up but I can see it a bit.

JSA Theme from Black Adam.

Catchy. Reminds me of a map screen from one of the later (3D) Final Fantasy games.

I think I get why they're releasing these one at a time. Release the whole album, the title of the tracks themselves can function as spoilers. Its cool they're releasing them at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    First they find the wizard and get him to change Adam's secret word to Chocolate Egg Cream, then second during battle Shazam grabs Adam and uses his word to cause both he and Adam to become depowered. But Adam now can't change back.
    I like what one of the many weekly series in DC did - they strongly implied that the word was changed to "Sorry", something Adam would never say. It's when he passes his powers on to Mary Marvel in order to be rid of them for a time. But, the really good ideas always seem to get retconned - like Kyle Rayner's ring being able to affect yellow things simply because no one told him it couldn't. What, the little blue manipulators creating a weakness in their creations simply to have something to use against the wielders at a later date? Unpossible!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Seeing The Rock say that a Black Adam v Superman movie is the whole point of him bringing the character the screen does not fill me with hope in the slightest. I mean, didn’t we essentially see that fight in MoS with Zod?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Seeing The Rock say that a Black Adam v Superman movie is the whole point of him bringing the character the screen does not fill me with hope in the slightest. I mean, didn’t we essentially see that fight in MoS with Zod?
    Well I feel stupid.. I thought the whole point was Black Adam vs Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The point is the Rock wants to fight Superman. It's not about any artistry or doing something different. He's not even really playing Black Adam, imo. He's just basically the Rock with Superman's power set.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The point is the Rock wants to fight Superman. It's not about any artistry or doing something different. He's not even really playing Black Adam, imo. He's just basically the Rock with Superman's power set.
    And will likely punk everyone he fights, sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And will likely punk everyone he fights, sigh...
    That wouldn't be so bad had they actually had him show up as a villain in Shazam, first. Then give the JSA a film where they shine before Adam shows up again and joins (after the basically defeat him with Billy's help.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That wouldn't be so bad had they actually had him show up as a villain in Shazam, first. Then give the JSA a film where they shine before Adam shows up again and joins (after the basically defeat him with Billy's help.)
    Wait I thought the magic exposition show given to Billy in Shazam included Black Adam as a bad or bad-ish guy without naming him or really showing him. Turned out not to be the case?

I can give the whole Rock appropriating Black Adam a pass because he's been pushing for it for so long. But I'm not sure a standalone Justice Society film would be that commercial without a really famous villain. Smells like a Birds of Prey just without the R rating. As it is with Black Adam I can already hear parts of the audience saying Doc Fate is DC's Doc Strange even if Fate predates Strange by decades. Personally from comics experience I's be more interested if Spectre was in the JSA, but I don't know if adapting him would fly well currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Wait I thought the magic exposition show given to Billy in Shazam included Black Adam as a bad or bad-ish guy without naming him or really showing him. Turned out not to be the case?

I can give the whole Rock appropriating Black Adam a pass because he's been pushing for it for so long. But I'm not sure a standalone Justice Society film would be that commercial without a really famous villain. Smells like a Birds of Prey just without the R rating. As it is with Black Adam I can already hear parts of the audience saying Doc Fate is DC's Doc Strange even if Fate predates Strange by decades. Personally from comics experience I's be more interested if Spectre was in the JSA, but I don't know if adapting him would fly well currently.
    There was a BA tease in Shazam but that's not exactly what I'm talking about here.

I'd say Marvel and DC have proven that character recognition doesn't matter, execution does. They don't need a well-known villain. It's not like Black Adam is a household name or anything.