Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We'll see. I wasn't too terribly happy with the way the JSA was portrayed in Legends of Tomorrow. They probably weren't baby-eaters, but its plausible that they were. Definitely had sticks up their butts and absolutely no hint of nostalgic, happy-go-lucky 1940s vibes.
    My main problem/fear is that the JSA is gonna be lawfully stupid, all to make Adam look cooler.

That's what happened when they cast a bigger name as Deadshot in Suicide Squad than Rick Flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    We'll see. I wasn't too terribly happy with the way the JSA was portrayed in Legends of Tomorrow. They probably weren't baby-eaters, but its plausible that they were. Definitely had sticks up their butts and absolutely no hint of nostalgic, happy-go-lucky 1940s vibes.
    The less said about the JSA in Legends of Tomorrow, the better. They were completely wasted in that show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The less said about the JSA in Legends of Tomorrow, the better. They were completely wasted in that show.
    Most characters in Arrowverse were wasted. But I thought the JSA were treated better than most

Incredible Member

Ultimate Member

Weren't we supposed to get a new Black Adam trailer today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Weren't we supposed to get a new Black Adam trailer today?
    Yeah, sometime during the football game.

...not a football fan so I'll just wait for it to pop up on Youtube.

And here it is:

Ultimate Member

Not liking what I'm seeing.

JSA look like they're gonna be lawful stupid chumps

Heroes (JSA) and anti-hero (Black Adam) fight each other before teaming up to fight the actual villain (Sabbac) from the looks of it. That was him facing off against Hawkman.

Unless there's a swerve and Adam immediately turns on them after defeating Sabbac and he actually is the final villain...kinda doubt that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Heroes (JSA) and anti-hero (Black Adam) fight each other before teaming up to fight the actual villain (Sabbac) from the looks of it. That was him facing off against Hawkman.

Unless there's a swerve and Adam immediately turns on them after defeating Sabbac and he actually is the final villain...kinda doubt that though.
    They're using Black Reign as source material, so there's a good chance that after Black Adam and JSA team up to take out Sabaac, he then takes over Kahndaq and tells the JSA to get the f out or else. He's going to remain an anti-hero that's for sure. If they're sticking with the comic storyline, Atom Smasher will choose to stay with Adam and pick his version of justice over the JSA's.

He'll be a wild card that the US will consider a threat, which is why Waller is most likely going to have a chat with Superman. I just hope Kal isn't made out to be a puppet like in the DKR.

Mighty Member

I never knew I needed a Pierce Brosan Dr Fate movie until now, he is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They're using Black Reign as source material, so there's a good chance that after Black Adam and JSA team up to take out Sabaac, he then takes over Kahndaq and tells the JSA to get the f out or else. He's going to remain an anti-hero that's for sure. If they're sticking with the comic storyline, Atom Smasher will choose to stay with Adam and pick his version of justice over the JSA's.
    That sounds about right. The last comic I ever read that featured Black Adam (and its been a while) he was close friends with Atom Smasher, whose heart had stopped for some reason. Adam "Shazam!"'d to resuscitate him, turning back into Teth. It didn't work, Teth Shazam'd, turning back into Black Adam and it worked that time.

I wonder if that will be worked in at some point.

I also remember he had his own Marvel Family, Isis and Osiris, which appear to be in the movie, only they changed it from siblings to mother and son.

He'll be a wild card that the US will consider a threat, which is why Waller is most likely going to have a chat with Superman. I just hope Kal isn't made out to be a puppet like in the DKR.
    I wonder if that's how Black Adam vs Shazam happens. Superman goes there to stop Black Adam, he gets jumped by the Black Marvel Family (Adam Osiris and Isis) and captured, so the Marvel Family (Billy et al) has to go rescue him.

They really should've had Black Adam appear as a villain in Shazam before going the antihero route in his own film.

This looks so "by the numbers." And Dwayne Johnson is still playing the Rock with Superman's powers to me.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I never knew I needed a Pierce Brosan Dr Fate movie until now, he is perfect
    Agreed. Who would you cast as Inza, though? And would would be a good first-movie villain?

Ultimate Member

Really think they should have used Aldis as Mr. T, not Hawkman