Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Really think they should have used Aldis as Mr. T, not Hawkman
    Never thought about it but a proper Michael Holt Mr. Terriffic would give off Phantasm vibes with the flying balls.

Also for a split second I thought you meant Mr. T from the A-Team lol

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

This second trailer grabs my attention a little more, but I'm not really seeing much in the way of this being groundbreaking or anything. Not that it has to be, but in the era of super hero movies, it'd be nice to see something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Never thought about it but a proper Michael Holt Mr. Terriffic would give off Phantasm vibes with the flying balls.

Also for a split second I thought you meant Mr. T from the A-Team lol
    Me too, but my mind automatically went here, not the A-Team:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed. Who would you cast as Inza, though? And would would be a good first-movie villain?
    I don’t know who Inza would be but would go with Wotan for the villain.

They had the perfect Mr. Terrific....and had him play Hawkman.

That being said, I can't take anymore of Marvel's overly quip filled everything is high stakes but not really feeling of Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness and Thor:Love And Thunder so I will give this a shot
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And here it is:

Hmm...I keep waiting for them to show The Wizard. I'm really curious how they're going to depict Adam's origin here.

I don't know if I care for the JSA working with Waller, but I guess they also had dealings with Mr. Bones so I guess this is in-line with that...

Cyclone looks amazing .

I'm really worried Hawkman is just going to be in this movie to get beat up.

Oh hey, Sabbac .

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They really should've had Black Adam appear as a villain in Shazam before going the antihero route in his own film.

This looks so "by the numbers." And Dwayne Johnson is still playing the Rock with Superman's powers to me.
    He was supposed to be a Suicide Squad villain, either him or Supergirl. But WB was like fuck that, and hired James Gunn, and we got the out of place Starro instead.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 09-08-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    He was supposed to be a Suicide Squad villain, either him or Supergirl. But WB was like fuck that, and hired James Gunn, and we got the out of place Starro instead.
    Where'd you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Oh well I'm glad they changed that then.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where'd you hear that?
    Back when Gavin O'Connor was originally going to direct Suicide Squad 2. I think Gavin himself said so on twitter, they was contemplating a superhuman as the main adversary for the Squad, and it was going to be either Super Girl (or some other Kryptonian, I'm not sure), or Black Adam. Either way it was never going to be Starro.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    This second trailer grabs my attention a little more, but I'm not really seeing much in the way of this being groundbreaking or anything. Not that it has to be, but in the era of super hero movies, it'd be nice to see something different.
    It did feel very "standard superhero movie" and not in a good way. Even down to re-using the X-Men Blackbird scene, which stood out to me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It did feel very "standard superhero movie" and not in a good way. Even down to re-using the X-Men Blackbird scene, which stood out to me a lot.
    After suffering through Gunn and Taika I'm down for some good old fashioned standard storytelling. I would also like to sees more of it in the comics from Marvel and DC as well.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The JSA base looks too much like the X-Mansion.

Ultimate Member

Agreed.

And in standard superhero movies, if you're not the title star or fan fave, prepare to get dumped on. I fear the JSA are gonna get Cyclop'ed.

Is that Trigon?