Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's pretty much 100% his suit from the comics, so I don't think they could really do much there other than I guess brighten it up a little. I think it's meant to contrast with the JSA looking more colorful.
    I’m not saying it isn’t accurate to the source material, just saying it doesn’t really stand out at all for me. It might be part of what makes this film look generic and off-brand for me

I think it’s unfortunate because I think Shazam’s stands out a lot.

I think the trailer looks great and I hope DC hits a home run with this movie.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Trailer looks awesome! I thought the same thing about Hobbs and Shaw tho so time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m not saying it isn’t accurate to the source material, just saying it doesn’t really stand out at all for me. It might be part of what makes this film look generic and off-brand for me

I think it’s unfortunate because I think Shazam’s stands out a lot.
    Well, ostensibly Adam's supposed to be an antagonist for Billy, so design-wise that's kind of the point but now Adam gets his own movie .

Ultimate Member

That was definitely Mr. Terrific on the plane.

I swear, they better treat the JSA with respect. This better not be another BoP

The chant reminded me of the chant from Starvation. Not sure if its actually from that but still nice touch.

Looks fun, like a darker version of Shazam, which is probably the point. Can't wait to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That was definitely Mr. Terrific on the plane.

I swear, they better treat the JSA with respect. This better not be another BoP
    I think we would have heard by now if Terrific was in it. I think Carter's just wearing a jacket that looks like his.

It was an alright trailer but I still can't believe this is a real movie. My friends and I have been treating this like a meme with the way Johnson has hyped this up for years as the most important movie of his career. That one DC fandome presentation he did was pretty surreal and a little embarrassing. I don't really have high hopes, and this trailer didn't do a great job of showing off Teth Adam and his powers. But for a first trailer I guess it's fine, and of course I love the JSA so I'm excited to see more of them

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The chant reminded me of the chant from Starvation. Not sure if its actually from that but still nice touch.
    The song is "Murder to Excellence" by Jay-Z and Kanye West, the chant is sampled from this:

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we would have heard by now if Terrific was in it. I think Carter's just wearing a jacket that looks like his.
    They might have kept a secret or two

The trailer literally has the 'in this world' cliche line
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It was an alright trailer but I still can't believe this is a real movie. My friends and I have been treating this like a meme with the way Johnson has hyped this up for years as the most important movie of his career. That one DC fandome presentation he did was pretty surreal and a little embarrassing. I don't really have high hopes, and this trailer didn't do a great job of showing off Teth Adam and his powers. But for a first trailer I guess it's fine, and of course I love the JSA so I'm excited to see more of them
    It definitely shows off how quick to kill he is .

Ultimate Member

I think the trailer looks good.

As others have pointed out it's basically "the Rock playing Superman".

The only thing is his origin seems to be a little different than the comics but that isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Someone pointed out something that I hadn't thought about: if this is set in the DCEU, then the whole "Heroes don't kill" that's suppose to make Black Adam atypical doesn't really work because heroes do kill in that universe.

Superman killed Zod in the self-defense of a family, and Wonder Woman definitely killed people and she even posed with the head of some guy she killed (which, uh, is actually a war crime in real-life)
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-09-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Someone pointed out something that I hadn't thought about: if this is set in the DCEU, then the whole "Heroes don't kill" that's suppose to make Black Adam atypical doesn't really work because heroes do kill in that universe.

Superman killed Zod in the self-defense of a family, and Wonder Woman definitely killed people and she even posed with the head of some guy she killed (which, uh, is actually a war crime in real-life)
    I think it’s being used less as a literal phrase and more of a philosophical - I.e. Hawkman’s definition of a hero is that they SHOULDNT kill; maybe he’s not comparing Adam to any known heroes in the universe. It would actually be quite interesting if that was the JSA’s reason for being in this movie - a group of heroes dead set against killing as opposed to the Justice League we’ve seen. Would be a nice little meta commentary on older comics versus today. Of course, that would make it a bit annoying for me if the purpose of this movie is to have Black Adam be opposed to that and still win.

Which reminds me; is there a villain in this that we know of? Or is it supposed to be him versus the JSA?

Scenery-chewing BronHom had me expecting him to yell “THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN’T BE LIVING HEEEEEERE!” at the Rock.