Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Pretty cool seeing him fight Dr. Fate and Hawkman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty cool seeing him fight Dr. Fate and Hawkman.
    Watching him punk Hawkman so effortlessly makes me worried

Multiple Dr. Fate holding Adam back was pretty cool.

I worry for Hawkman .

This surprises me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This surprises me.
    Not me. I'm sure they'll hype up Black Adam as edgy, but they likely did the same for the first Suicide Squad (didn't pay attention to the promos then)

How on earth do they think in this market of saturation with superhero movies they can get away with this article? Like they really paid Vanity Fair?? to pump Black Adam??? It also seems like he knows absolutely nothing about the character except for saying "he can go toe to toe with Superman" in every interview appearance. This is one of the most embarassing movie rollouts I have ever witnessed in real time and I can't wait to see this movie.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Yah I'm thinking the Rock never read a comic book in his life before the movie was made and still hasn't to this day.

My kind of Black Adam for sure! Adam would never read comic books. He would just walk around claiming he was superior to everyone and telling people to go to his movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Ah the Rock has always been more of a heel than a babyface. I never really bought into his self depreciating Mr. nice guy routine.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ah the Rock has always been more of a heel than a babyface. I never really bought into his self depreciating Mr. nice guy routine.
    I fear he won't be a heel.

I'd put money on Black Adam always being in the right, and never threatening the audience's sympathy.

And the JSA? Up tight fuddy duddies who defend baby eaters, most likely.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

The trailers' feeling pretty repetitive. It's still beating the same "you can be the hero or villain" stuff over and over without actually anything that suggests the movie's not going the most superficial/generic route with it (which also means the movie is poised to fall into one of my big pet peeves)

It's actually made me consider holding off on seeing the movie in theaters and instead just watch clips on Youtube (when they show up) to find out if the whole movie is worth a watch or if I'm better off just watching the clips of the things (and characters) I'm interested in.

Also, I get that they're using Superman as a point of comparison because he's so well-known to the general public, but god, I am so sick of hearing about Superman in relation to Black Adam.

EDIT: Found a way to read the full article without being forced to accept terms
    https://web.archive.org/web/20220811...ial-type=owned

What they say about Kent Nelson is promising, but I am disappointed about the "While Fate can’t overpower Black Adam in the strength department, he might be able to reason with him." line. I understand the reasoning (no pun), but I'm still sad that Doctor Fate won't at least be a toe-to-toe in strength and power.

They seem to be drawing on Atom Smasher's comicbook storyline, but how well they're going to do that kind of story is, well, we'll see.

"Noah Centineo’s Atom Smasher can make himself gigantic, but also feels crushed by the expectations that come with his powers. “He’s still not sure that this is what he wants to do,” Collet-Serra says. “He thinks this is what he wants to do. He thinks he’s on the right side, but he has a lot more questions.”

I'm still hopeful about the movie, just less so, but even if I like nothing else, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 08-13-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah I'm thinking the Rock never read a comic book in his life before the movie was made and still hasn't to this day.

My kind of Black Adam for sure! Adam would never read comic books. He would just walk around claiming he was superior to everyone and telling people to go to his movie.
    Wait, you're so right. Dwayne may be the greatest method actor of our time.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I fear he won't be a heel.

I'd put money on Black Adam always being in the right, and never threatening the audience's sympathy.

And the JSA? Up tight fuddy duddies who defend baby eaters, most likely.
    Hopefully you're wrong about the last part.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hopefully you're wrong about the last part.
    To be clear, I would gladly be proven wrong, and I don't need the JSA to win a battle against Adam, just a fair fight and not being dumped on to make Adam look cool like they did with Ric Flag.

But once more, DC directors are removing the heart of a story.

Removing Black Adam's association with Hawkman deprives Adam of a peer and foil, who understands his struggles.

We'll see. I wasn't too terribly happy with the way the JSA was portrayed in Legends of Tomorrow. They probably weren't baby-eaters, but its plausible that they were. Definitely had sticks up their butts and absolutely no hint of nostalgic, happy-go-lucky 1940s vibes.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.