Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is that Trigon?
    Sabbac. Though I see people asking "is that Trigon?" a lot in regards to this trailer.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They had the perfect Mr. Terrific....and had him play Hawkman.

That being said, I can't take anymore of Marvel's overly quip filled everything is high stakes but not really feeling of Doctor Strange: Multiverse Of Madness and Thor:Love And Thunder so I will give this a shot
    Those two Marvel movies are the worst. The title character is constantly clowned in both films. Just trash really. I only watch Marvel for free these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Sabbac. Though I see people asking "is that Trigon?" a lot in regards to this trailer.

I always liked Sabbac never thought I'd see him in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I never knew I needed a Pierce Brosan Dr Fate movie until now, he is perfect
    ... I got a bad feeling about this and he will be killed to show how 'dangerous' Sabacc is ... then oh hey, it's Khalid

Great movie costume but... the Helmet of Nabu needs eye slits!

Yeah, I don't understand why the helm doesn't have eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just glad that they are wearing helmets.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It definitely looks better with the eye holes, but I get what they were going for. The two sides of the helmet are order and chaos, which doesn't really make sense considering Fate is a Lord of Order. But the fact that there are no eye slits makes it seem like Kent has even less control when he puts on the helmet. Nabu can control his actions and he even blinds him. Probably why he carries the helmet most of the time and tries to use it as little as possible. Nabu is as manipulative as he is powerful.

Seeing that picture of his costume show how much detail they put into it.. There are glyphs all over it. Hadn't noticed that before.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-10-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It definitely looks better with the eye holes, but I get what they were going for. The two sides of the helmet are order and chaos, which doesn't really make sense considering Fate is a Lord of Order. But the fact that there are no eye slits makes it seem like Kent has even less control when he puts on the helmet. Nabu can control his actions and he even blinds him. Probably why he carries the helmet most of the time and tries to use it as little as possible. Nabu is as manipulative as he is powerful.

Seeing that picture of his costume show how much detail they put into it.. There are glyphs all over it. Hadn't noticed that before.
    I'm really curious to see how they handle Nabu in this.

Like many JSA fans I’m worried that they’re going to be just fodder for Black Adam, but there is evidence that they actually win the initial fight. The trailer shows Adam in a holding cell, in his human form, while Waller talks about his history. In order to get him to that point the JSA would have to be victorious in the first confrontation.

Maybe Adam overpowers them at first but they regroup and get him to say “Shazam” which leads to a JSA victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Like many JSA fans I’m worried that they’re going to be just fodder for Black Adam, but there is evidence that they actually win the initial fight. The trailer shows Adam in a holding cell, in his human form, while Waller talks about his history. In order to get him to that point the JSA would have to be victorious in the first confrontation.

Maybe Adam overpowers them at first but they regroup and get him to say “Shazam” which leads to a JSA victory.
    At the very least it looks like Fate and Cyclone are the MVP's during the fight .

Mighty Member

Brosnan as Fate seems ready to steal the movie. The rest just seems so generic and safe, including Black Adam. Has Khandaq even been mentioned anywhere? I'm guessing thats how this ends with him having his own nation, like an evil version of Wakanda. But honestly I'm really not sure DC is creative enough to even do that.

But I have so many questions since this is set in modern times. Where is Shazam? Where is Superman? Where is Wonder Woman? This is a WWIII/Thanos level threat and the big hitters just sit around and figure the JSA can handle it?

Shared universe problems pretty evident here. The Arrowverse, with all its flaws, did better.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Brosnan as Fate seems ready to steal the movie. The rest just seems so generic and safe, including Black Adam. Has Khandaq even been mentioned anywhere? I'm guessing thats how this ends with him having his own nation, like an evil version of Wakanda. But honestly I'm really not sure DC is creative enough to even do that.

But I have so many questions since this is set in modern times. Where is Shazam? Where is Superman? Where is Wonder Woman? This is a WWIII/Thanos level threat and the big hitters just sit around and figure the JSA can handle it?

Shared universe problems pretty evident here. The Arrowverse, with all its flaws, did better.
    There's no indication that Sabbac is a great, world ending threat.

I don't hold high hopes, but don't jump the gun yet

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

I fully expect some kind of Shazam appearance. And I wouldn't rule out Superman, even if it's only a post credit stinger. Rock has shared concept art of Adam fighting Supes. He and Henry Cavill have the same agent. The new WB regime has reportedly been looking to re-sign Cavill.
    Last edited by Jared; 09-22-2022 at 07:17 PM.