Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why would they do that? Shazam already had them as villains
    Yeah, but if they're going to try to make him more sympathetic than you probably need to address the worst thing he did. It's the reason (or at least the turning point) that made The Wizard reject him as champion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but if they're going to try to make him more sympathetic than you probably need to address the worst thing he did. It's the reason (or at least the turning point) that made The Wizard reject him as champion.
    Was it established that he did that, or just implied?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Was it established that he did that, or just implied?
    I'm pretty sure The Wizard explicitly said the Champion before Billy released the Seven Deadly Sins that ravaged the world.

On top of the movies he played a villian, and Faster where he was just hunting down and killing people. He was definitely a ruthless dick at time in Ballers. They made sure he stayed likable, but he was a dick at times. Especially when he was dealing with his opiate addiction. I know lot of people who also say he wont do anything that isn't kid friendly. Ballers woulda been a hard R as a movie. Think it was TV MA as a show. He cussed alot in it and produced the show. Also he was allowed to choose who he wanted. He wanted Black Adam, and he keeps referring to Adam as a Anti-hero. So yes we aren't getting a straight up villian but I guarantee he's an ******* I've always kinda seen Black Adam and Namor in the ssme vain. Both can be villians or heroes depending on the situation. Also even as heroes both are world class assholes. Namor imo is cartoonishly dickish to the point of it being funny though. But yea the falling out between Adam and The Wizard will probaly take some of the blame off Adam to make him more sympathetic. Either that or he a straight up hero most the movie and then something happens(Isis dies or Khandaq gets destroyed id bet) that makes him take a complete heel turn and decide the world ain't saving. So he unleashed the 7 to wipe them out.

Incredible Member

i doubt the movie will have black adam as a straight up supervillain destroying one and all, like the cartoon , he should look to resurrect his queen isis and ultimately , she'll be the bigger threat.

Interesting. So Black Adam isn't just an origin story to give due diligence to one of the best known Captain Marvel villains...its also doing some world building what with this and the JSA.

With Hawkman, I'm wondering if soon we'll get an announcement of who is playing Hawkgirl (or is it Hawkwoman?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Interesting. So Black Adam isn't just an origin story to give due diligence to one of the best known Captain Marvel villains...its also doing some world building what with this and the JSA.

With Hawkman, I'm wondering if soon we'll get an announcement of who is playing Hawkgirl (or is it Hawkwoman?).
    Unless I am recalling it wrong, they have already said that Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman won't be a part of the film.

Thats pretty encouraging that they may use the chance to introduce Hawkman as well. So many directions they could go if Hawkman is on the slate. Dare I hope for that to be the introduction to the DC Cosmic?

The trailer/teaser didn't do much for me. Adam's arrogance comes through, but its not enough. The dude doesn't need to a reason to be arrogant and angry, thats basically who he is in the first place. I want my Adam to be a dick, through and through! Plus I want Billy to eventually beat him the way he did in 52, haha.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless I am recalling it wrong, they have already said that Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman won't be a part of the film.
    Yeah, I think they replaced her with Cyclone.

That's cool, if they do decide to recast Black Panther. Aldis Hodge would be my choice.

Is Hawkman gonna be just a JSA member in the modern time or are they gonna use the acient Egypt connection and go with the Reincarnation route? If they do the latter Hodge makes more sense then a white dude.

Also be cool if Vandal Savage was in it as the real villian. Maybe even have him be behind whatever leads Adam down a dark path. Would just be cool to have these 3 characters with a connection going back thousands of years. This the DC movie im most excited for after Suicide Squad

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Not sure if they will get into the reincarnation stuff with Hawkman in Black Adam. Might save that for a potential JSA or Hawkman solo spin off film.

David Ajala is my top choice for Black Panther if they recast.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Not sure if they will get into the reincarnation stuff with Hawkman in Black Adam. Might save that for a potential JSA or Hawkman solo spin off film.

David Ajala is my top choice for Black Panther if they recast.
    Yea probaly just think it would be cool to maybe have Hawkman and Adam be friends and then when Adam is sent off the deepend Hawkman helps the wizard lock him away. So when Adam gets out in modern times he wants revenge on Hawkman. Also be cool if Savage orchestrated all of it. Just to have more through threads from his past to present.

I've seen that guy in a couple things but nothing big enough to think he can handle a role like that. Hodge has some legit credits under his belt. But from what I've seen I wouldn't mind Ajala. He looks the part just as much as Hodge.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think they replaced her with Cyclone.
    Sounds like from the Instagram confirmation its essentially to fill out the JSA roster. So anything else specifically pertaining to Hawkman, namely Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, would have to come in a solo movie further down the line, if DC decides to make one that is.