Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Black Adam

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think that, for the general (not comic book fan) audience:

Who is this Dr. Fate? Who are any of these characters? Maybe they should get their own movie first? Oh, wait. I answered my own question. This incarnation of DC movies rushing things to get Marvel level success right now.
    You’re about to see this very thing said when Superman Legacy arrives in a year or 2.

“Who is this Engineer? Who is this Guy Gardner ?”
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This movie may have been a ponzi scheme
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    This movie may have been a ponzi scheme
    How so? What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    There'll never be another movie with Shazam and Black Adam as titular characters.
    Never/ forever is a long time.

I can see another Shazam movie with Black Adam as the villain. But it would be a restart and almost certainly would not involve Dwayne Johnson.
    Power with Girl is better.

I kind of think that Dwayne Johnson may have wrecked his chances at doing any other superhero movie, at least with DC.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I kind of think that Dwayne Johnson may have wrecked his chances at doing any other superhero movie, at least with DC.
    I doubt Marvel wants him for anything. Johnson clearly won't cede any creative control, and Marvel (wisely) doesn't seem to put up with that crap

we will have to see.

I can see him portraying The Champion of the Universe at Marvel if they have the cosmic wars from the comics.

Johnson seems to need to be in charge of whatever project he does. He probably sees himself being directly responsible for the successful resurgences in the different franchises he joined (F&F, Jumanji, GI Joe) . But he had a very public feud with Vin Diesel over creative control in Fast and Furious and the development of a spin off. GI Joe is now trying to reboot, I imagine partly because Johnson wanted Roadblock to be the face of the franchise, and now the whole kerfuffle with DC. It's all just business I guess. He is a "mogul actor." His name and his brand is a money maker, but it's more based on his signature charm and his track record of box office hits than his acting skill. And he just has to be in charge. You'd never see him in a Nolan or Wes Anderson ensemble unless he was a producer with complete oversight on the script and story.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Johnson seems to need to be in charge of whatever project he does. He probably sees himself being directly responsible for the successful resurgences in the different franchises he joined (F&F, Jumanji, GI Joe) . But he had a very public feud with Vin Diesel over creative control in Fast and Furious and the development of a spin off. GI Joe is now trying to reboot, I imagine partly because Johnson wanted Roadblock to be the face of the franchise, and now the whole kerfuffle with DC. It's all just business I guess. He is a "mogul actor." His name and his brand is a money maker, but it's more based on his signature charm and his track record of box office hits than his acting skill. And he just has to be in charge. You'd never see him in a Nolan or Wes Anderson ensemble unless he was a producer with complete oversight on the script and story.
    Yeah, I don't see a great future for guys like Johnson, Will Smith, etc in shared canon stuff. And frankly, given how they abuse their status, no real loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I doubt Marvel wants him for anything. Johnson clearly won't cede any creative control, and Marvel (wisely) doesn't seem to put up with that crap
    I can see him partnering with Liefeld or one of those Image guys. Or find some other smaller comic book IP where they'd be thrilled for him to take control of bringing it to the screen.(I'm glad he never set his sights on Hellboy)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can see him partnering with Liefeld or one of those Image guys. Or find some other smaller comic book IP where they'd be thrilled for him to take control of bringing it to the screen.(I'm glad he never set his sights on Hellboy)
    Do any of those Image guys do movies?

And I don't think Rock would be too bad as Hellboy, actually. Cheesy compliments the character.

But in his action movies, he's all but a Mary Sue. A quipping, unstoppable powerhouse that never has a chance of losing. Doesn't work that great in superhero movies, IMO.

Do any of those Image guys do movies?
    MacFarlane keeps trying to get Spawn into different media. Leifeld seems to love his attachment to Deadpool. Not sure which Image properties aren't owned by DC though at this point. I wonder if The Rock would've been able to make "Bloodshot" successful? He coulda been the RDJ of the Valiant Universe. I can see him as X-O Manowar. Maybe go old school and reboot Magnus, Robot Fighter - I can definitely see him beating up on robots.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I don't see a great future for guys like Johnson, Will Smith, etc in shared canon stuff. And frankly, given how they abuse their status, no real loss.
    How do Dwayne Johnson and Will Smith abuse their status?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    MacFarlane keeps trying to get Spawn into different media. Leifeld seems to love his attachment to Deadpool. Not sure which Image properties aren't owned by DC though at this point. I wonder if The Rock would've been able to make "Bloodshot" successful? He coulda been the RDJ of the Valiant Universe. I can see him as X-O Manowar. Maybe go old school and reboot Magnus, Robot Fighter - I can definitely see him beating up on robots.
    I thought Valiant no longer owns the rights to Magnus, Robot Fighter?

I really wanted to like this film... And even pretended it was an ok film for a while. lol But no, it was just a bad film. My Black Adam action figure arrived today. It is a fantastic figure. Well, some good quality action figures are made thanks to the film at least.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯