Extraordinary Member

Default Randy Orton vs Macho Man Randy Savage

The two most famous wrestlers named Randy take each other on in the prime of their career.

Who comes out on top?

And who cuts the better pre-match promo?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Orton isn't really very good on the mic. Certainly nowhere near the antics of Savage in terms of charisma.

In terms of the match, Orton being the legend killer or whatever would make a good case for him winning. Is Orton the de facto heel in this match?

Backing Savage but I'm not super sold on it.

Extraordinary Member

Orton is heel, yeah.

I'm giving it to Orton. Savage would lose many a match because Miss Elizabeth would get hurt or be in danger. Randy would capitalize on that.

That aside, I still envision Savage going to the top rope and missing.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'm giving it to Orton. Savage would lose many a match because Miss Elizabeth would get hurt or be in danger. Randy would capitalize on that.

Savage going to the top rope would actually play into Orton’s hands.

He has form for grabbing someone flying from the top rope and landing it as an RKO.

Out of nowhere. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Savage going to the top rope would actually play into Orton’s hands.

He has form for grabbing someone flying from the top rope and landing it as an RKO.

Out of nowhere. Obviously.
    Interestingly, the positioning of Savage's body when he did his flying elbow drop would mean that, if Orton attempted an RKO out of nowhere, both the RKO AND elbow drop would land flush - Savage would receive an RKO, while Orton still received an elbow. It would be a double KO.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Interestingly, the positioning of Savage's body when he did his flying elbow drop would mean that, if Orton attempted an RKO out of nowhere, both the RKO AND elbow drop would land flush - Savage would receive an RKO, while Orton still received an elbow. It would be a double KO.
    You mean Hogan still wins?

DAMN YOU, HOGAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You mean Hogan still wins?

DAMN YOU, HOGAN!!
    you-know-it-brother.jpg

Ah, that comment made me laugh.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post

It could be a riot. Orton wins, and RKO Elizabeth afterwards. He becomes the top heel in the company.

The rematches would be crazy and carry the company for a year. Savage promos would be legendary. Orton needs a bodyguard just to get to the ring. Crazy, Vengeful Savage is the best Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    It could be a riot. Orton wins, and RKO Elizabeth afterwards. He becomes the top heel in the company.

The rematches would be crazy and carry the company for a year. Savage promos would be legendary. Orton needs a bodyguard just to get to the ring. Crazy, Vengeful Savage is the best Savage.
    Ok, this I could see. Macho Man gets the initial win, but Orton gives an RKO to Elizabeth, and Macho Man goes on the hunt for revenge against him.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, if Randy wins via messing with Elizabeth it's not a win he's going to be savouring for very long.
    Last edited by wjowski; 11-05-2020 at 08:57 AM.