Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1694

The Justice League mind-wiped Batman this one time, and it led to a lot of really bad stuff once he found out. Never good.

My sense from the episode is that Agatha is a good guy, and the sitcom thing has been made to confuse or befuddle whoever the real bad guy is, which I now think is Hayward. And that Hayward isn't what he appears to be. Question is - who or what exactly is he anyhow if that theory is true.

Further, after this episode it really does look like Dr. Strange will be the big reveal at the end. I mean, he has got to be aware of all these interdimensional, magical shenanigans by now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda ended up remembering her kids and working through the grief. For about 15 years until Bendis wrote her.

It's generally frowned upon. I'm just saying it wasn't in Agatha's case.

They didn't deal with mental issues or mental breakdowns very well then. They still in some cases don't have characters get treatment or be diagnosed. And they have the problem of having general science based heroes suddenly be fit in all basis of science, including medical. So they hardly ever get proper doctors. There have been a few exceptions like with Doc Samson and the therapist Wanda did go to in her solo. They did finally passively have Hank get medication and be treated for bipolar disorder in Avengers AI. And Daredevil treated for his depression during his solo written by Waid. But those are mostly very recent.
    So would it be safe to say you’d agree mind-wiping wasn’t the best solution, of a writer could have come up with a better way to deal with mental illness issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So would it be safe to say you’d agree mind-wiping wasn’t the best solution, of a writer could have come up with a better way to deal with mental illness issues?
    Oh absolutely. Comics are terrible at this. I don't think their intent though was to make Agatha questionable in that situation. Just that they made a mistake with that. Which they make many mistakes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Oh absolutely. Comics are terrible at this. I don't think their intent though was to make Agatha questionable in that situation. Just that they made a mistake with that. Which they make many mistakes.
    How did Wanda feel about having been mind-wiped?

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So the sitcom thing was Agitha's idea from the jump right. It makes the best conduit for whatever she's plans to get from Wanda imo. Maximoff would concievebly have no point of reference for any of the situation comidies. Also she's been too perfect in all of them. I'm still hilding out for Nightmare myself.
    The sitcoms are her point of reference. They're the most common cultural export and people in foreign countries tend to view the US through the lens of those shows

How did Wanda feel about having been mind-wiped?
    Eventually Bendis had her not be happy about it. And that should have happened far earlier. But not with Wanda murdering Agatha. Having it retroactively happen 15 years later after she had already remembered her kids and worked through everything felt very off.

Up until that point there was really nothing in that way other than US Agent questioning it. Part of this could have been because Marvel worked very quickly to bury the story. And have Wanda recover and be ok. But part of it is likely that they weren't trying to be awful about all this. They just likely didn't think it through at the time. It could also be because Byrne wanted to get rid of the relationship with Vision and rid of the kids so fast. Like he really hated it.

I'd really like to know the behind the scenes of what was going on there.

Eventually Bendis had her not be happy about it. And that should have happened far earlier. But not with Wanda murdering Agatha. Having it retroactively happen 15 years later after she had already remembered her kids and worked through everything felt very off.

Up until that point there was really nothing in that way other than US Agent questioning it. Part of this could have been because Marvel worked very quickly to bury the story. And have Wanda recover and be ok. But part of it is likely that they weren't trying to be awful about all this. They just likely didn't think it through at the time. It could also be because Byrne wanted to get rid of the relationship with Vision and rid of the kids so fast. Like he really hated it.

I'd really like to know the behind the scenes of what was going on there.
    So a character questioned the action, and the story was quickly buried.

Sure, seems legit.

So a character questioned the action, and the story was quickly buried.

Sure, seems legit.
    Yeah, it's like how events are handled now, lol.

Yeah, it's like how events are handled now, lol.
    And they’re rightfully questioned all the time.

The book looked like the Book of Cagliostro to me.

And some of the Hex's "interference" patterns look like the MCU's Mirror Dimension.

Stealing the book that studies the rituals of time, when everyone got dusted, using the Mirror Dimension to study it, safely tampering with continuum probabilities, creating a time loop, and trapping a strong life force to drain after everyone blips back to power something or someone ... All sound like a compelling MO to me.

If Wanda is getting more aware and messing with Agatha's continuum probabilities (the sitcom loops), she may be cutting bait and switching to the twins. It would explain why she is very interested in them. It would explain why she suggested WandaVision to have a child. It would also bring in Docotor Strange at some point to clean it up and maybe help Wanda.

The big question would be what would Agatha be powering or why she needs to drain magic in the first place (based off the Yo Magic ad). Maybe Wanda is too old to keep Agatha young and she needed to switch to the kids? And she needed someone powerful enough give her a good source? The Book of Cagliostro has that eternal life spell the Ancient One used and what Kaecilius wanted. If Wanda can break the continuum probabilities it would explain her powers and strength.

Maybe Mordo is the Man Behind the Curtain here? And he unleashes/teams with Nightmare next when this fails?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-20-2021 at 01:09 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And they’re rightfully questioned all the time.
    Oh yeah definitely out of comics. And the stuff should always be questioned. Not always in comics because for instance, Cap and Tony made up so quickly after everything that went on between them during Civil War and out of comics, that also never felt right to me. In comics it was all bro hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The book looked like the Book of Cagliostro to me.

And some of the Hex's "interference" patterns look like the MCU's Mirror Dimension.
    The cover looks very different.

The cover looks very different.

Yeah, you're right. I only watched it once and could not find a screen grab. The Darkhold is the easiest explanation.

Nix my idea ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So, after episode 7, is the “the X-Men are coming” theory scrapped?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    So, after episode 7, is the “the X-Men are coming” theory scrapped?
    Honestly I would hope so because I think xmen needs a true stand alone film and concept first before MCU does their connect to everything link , however Evan Quicksilver has undone that forever, so I hope MCU just stick to the alternate reality quicksilver because it is already done and Evan and Elizabeth have so much sibling chemistry.

the scene where wanda tells her kids not to trust their uncle or believe anything he says, maybe the the one sign he is a fake quicksilver , but this also means there is a real quicksilver, I would still say both Evan and Aaron are QS and Evan is the alternate.

The other possibility that the xmen theory may not be scrapped is Monica, Did you see how she forced herself into the hex field and her eyes kept on glowing blue? unless I missed something but she has special powers? maybe a mutant.

I don't see the big deal about the Agnes reveal, we saw it coming, infact I predicted last week that Agnes is the only one that knows Wanda's sitcom world is not real but it always felt she never made a move because wanda was stronger and she knew it. Agnes was just biding her time.

The strongest part of the show are the female characters. so far Wanda, Agnes, Monica, Darcy are likeable females who are basically carrying the show well. this show has avoided some of the big downfalls of Star Wars ST, Star Trek Discovery and Batwoman.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-20-2021 at 06:57 AM.