Page 59 of 113 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mags as her dad was a retcon.

It was more a a secret reveal with prior foreshadowing than a retcon.

And since the retcon was ill-advised, mostly ignored by fans, it just became more of bad example of trying to split consumers of entertainment than actual comic story substance, which is what the revelation had. something that was carried over to other major canon comic universe- Age of Apocalypse Universe, The Ultimate Universe, House of M and the Marvel Anime Universes

The cartoons mostly reflect her time with the Brotherhood. It encapsulates that time frame.
    and during that time at the brotherhood, it made it very clear Wanda was not a true villain.

SHIELD is not the Avengers. They've worked with SHIELD, but no, not the same thing.
    Never said it was the exact same thing, what I said is they were close and have strong ties. In the movies, without SHIELD, there is no Avengers
    If you think that cartoon Wanda got the same amount of development as comics Wanda did, then this conversation is done, lol.
    LMAO, Never said that either, infact I already said neither movie or animated wanda matches her 60+ years of comics history, what they have is some point in time that will match what we see in the comics during the 60 years we have known wanda.

And you can convince yourself that Wanda didn't spend most of Evolution being angry, and liking that version. It wasn't even close to Wanda still.
    I did not convince myself, I remember the show well to know what happen and had to do research to back up what I am saying and the research backed up everything I said.

https://x-menevolution.fandom.com/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

https://beyondxmenevolution.fandom.c.../Scarlet_Witch

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda..._(Earth-11052)
    Last edited by Castle; 02-15-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    It was more a a secret reveal with prior foreshadowing than a retcon.

And since the retcon was ill-advised, mostly ignored by fans, it just became more of bad example of trying to split consumers of entertainment than actual comic story substance, which is what the revelation had. something that was carried over to other major canon comic universe- Age of Apocalypse Universe, The Ultimate Universe, House of M and the Marvel Anime Universes

and during that time at the brotherhood, it made it very clear Wanda was not a true villain.

Never said it was the exact same thing, what I said is they were close and have strong ties. In the movies, without SHIELD, there is no Avengers

LMAO, Never said that either, infact I already said neither movie or animated wanda matches her 60+ years of comics history, what they have is some point in time that will match what we see in the comics during the 60 years we have known wanda.

I did not convince myself, I remember the show well to know what happen and had to do research to back up what I am saying and the research backed up everything I said.

https://x-menevolution.fandom.com/wiki/Scarlet_Witch

https://beyondxmenevolution.fandom.c.../Scarlet_Witch

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda..._(Earth-11052)
    It absolutely was a retcon. Even in the X-Men cartoon, Whizzer and Miss America were her parents first.

I never said Wanda was a villain during her time in the cartoons. I said she didn't get any development beyond that point.

Those links back up that she was mostly angsty, lol. Wth is even this discussion?

I'm gonna end this convo here. Because it's not relevant to the show.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 02-15-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyway all of the crap aside. I heard the last 3 episodes will be an hour a peice. Anyone know if this is true? Think I heard Marc Bernardino say it.
    I hope so. 30 minute episodes are too short.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Anyway all of the crap aside. I heard the last 3 episodes will be an hour a peice. Anyone know if this is true? Think I heard Marc Bernardino say it.
    If the last 3 episode is a one hour piece, it will be a good thing since it will cover more story grounds. to be honest, the show should have been a one hour piece from the onset. I think many of the characters they introduced in episode 2 so far have been underplayed. I am still waiting for a reveal that vision's boss that almost choked to death is a plot point that will reveal itself in the end, so are his co -workers. And Dottie has to be more.

Lol Yea Fury helped put together The Avengers but Stark ran and bankrolled them. Even when Fury came back in AoU. Pretty sure he was acting on his own along with some people he recruited. ShEILD was done. I don't know what Happenes to that Helacarrier or Furys Team(Except Maria she Cleary still with him. If she was on earth still there would be no reason for Talos wife to impersonate her.) But I don't think SHEILD has been a thing post TWS.
    I said without SHIELD there is no Avengers. SHIELD laid the foundation.
    But by the simple metrics Wanda's Evoltion incarnation is getting high marks for. MCU Wanda should be a hometown. Evolution was great apparently because Wanda was angry and then grew and become a hero. And she was Angry because trauma. McU Wanda has worse trauma and wasn't just angry she volunteered to be experimented on and joined a terrorist organization. She then let go of her hate for Stark and helped them stop Ultron. She found love and rebuilt her life somewhat before losing it all again. Now she's doing something bad out of grief and desperation. I'm sure this is leading to her giving it all up(Hope Viz and the twins make it out of this) to do what's rights in the end.

Honestly xmen evolution was 20 years ago, i don't see how the show is getting to people this much simply because I gave a objective explanation of why her powers are different here than there when someone asked the question point blank.

I love xmen evolution it was something different. Wanda wasn't some great character on that show. They did way more with D listers like Avalanche(Who they completely changed. Even more then other characters). I thought Wanda was fine in that show.
    Honestly I don't even think it is accurate to compare both wandas, page for page because wandavsion is her own show, while xmen evolution she was a re-occuring character in some episodes. the only major difference so far is both shows are handling things differently on anger and trauma , thus affecting their power use, which is what it's all about in the first place of why she seems so powerful in the cartoons than here where she is just a Jean type telepath.

Best thing to hope for is that Wanda is not just another telepath and the only way this can be done is if they evolve her story of the sitcom, I predict the last scene of the series should be her been in a mental clinic if everything keeps falling to place and Marvel does surprise and go in that darker direction.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-15-2021 at 06:00 AM.

I've heard this, but it seems to come from the fact that Feige has likened it to a "6 hour movie", so because the last 6 episodes have been 30 mins each (more or less) we're at the 3 hour mark - leading people to believe it will be 3 one hour episodes to finish it. However, I think it's more likely that the final episode (maybe the final two) will be longer. It seems we have only one sitcom era to account for, so I think next week's will be another 30 minute chunk, followed by two longer episodes. But I definitely wouldn't say no to 3 hour long episodes.

I'm really enjoying this show. It's so nice to be able to speculate on a tv show again after what feels like ages.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye

Is there significance to this being the name of Hayward's encrypted computer files?
    That depends, do cataracts normally have an effect on your Vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That depends, do cataracts normally have an effect on your Vision?
    Bingo.

SWORD did something to mess with Vision AND maybe ... They are why Wanda can't remember.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The last three episodes will be longer than the first six. While we have seen two-thirds of the episodes, we have only seen half of the show.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The last three episodes will be longer than the first six. While we have seen two-thirds of the episodes, we have only seen half of the show.
    I take that also as the story steadily breaking loose from the sit-com trap, or maybe its more accurate to say the sit-com framing is breaking down as the story goes on. Note that in E5 the story continued thru and beyond the rolling sit-com credits, and E6 had no sit-com credits at all.

Lots of theories about Agnes, but one thing I'm thinking that is making me lean towards her pretending to break character are the times when she did it, vs. what her character is there for. She was clearly advocating and trying to influence Vision and Wanda to have children but once they actually had them, she starts breaking character, but always around Vision. The first time and latest time, it's only him without Wanda, but she does it at other points with the both of them, which becomes a big reason Vision starts to doubt their reality. I think that was her intention - once the babies are born, there's no need for Vizh, so she's undermining his stability and has been motivating him to leave,(which he eventually does) just as she had been goading Wanda to have babies.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Lots of theories about Agnes, but one thing I'm thinking that is making me lean towards her pretending to break character are the times when she did it, vs. what her character is there for. She was clearly advocating and trying to influence Vision and Wanda to have children but once they actually had them, she starts breaking character, but always around Vision. The first time and latest time, it's only him without Wanda, but she does it at other points with the both of them, which becomes a big reason Vision starts to doubt their reality. I think that was her intention - once the babies are born, there's no need for Vizh, so she's undermining his stability and has been motivating him to leave,(which he eventually does) just as she had been goading Wanda to have babies.
    I think Agnes has officially graduated to "too suspicious to actually be behind it all"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Episode 6 had made it clear that Agnes is aware of what is going on, I am surprised noone has pointed out that her recognising vision and vision not knowing who avengers are may only mean that in this wanda sitcom reality, Wanda must have also erased avengers. which will make sense, you see how very angry she got when Monica mentioned Pietro was killed by Ultron.

Avengers dont exist in the sitcom reality, my guess is, loosing vision was too much to handle so she created a world where vision never got into the Avengers.

In regards to breaking character, I still lean to the later, I think Agnes feels more powerless in the sitcom reality and is no match for Wanda to break her sitcom reality. However Agnes is aware of what is going on because she too is a telepath, just not in Wanda's class, this could be the only explanation why she can try to break the sitcom reality only around vision and not around wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I think Agnes has officially graduated to "too suspicious to actually be behind it all"
    it will be too obvious for her to be behind it all. Dottie is the likely suspect.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-15-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Avengers dont exist in the sitcom reality, my guess is, loosing vision was too much to handle so she created a world where vision never got into the Avengers.
    Vision has said that he doesn't remember anything before Westview, which I imagine is true for everyone there. And yes, there are no Avengers in sitcom land since the shows have been emulating time periods before they existed.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I Wanted to Post this here as well cause IMO This is a VERY Important Video I think everyone should Watch to find out why and How WandaVision Become the #1 show in the world!

What the host so well and using data to explain it is why it has become #1 and why many of us have argued that a Weekly Release Schedule works better then a Full Dumbing of a show like this all at once;

They also said how WandaVision has defied traditional show Ratings when a show starts with its hightest audience and then breaksdown lower and more even after.

WandaVision has done the oppisite, increasing it's audience to #1, yet had a strong start, that is Incredible!

WandaVision has Truly Become a Water Cooler Talked about Show and ALL of this has been a Dream come true for me for Wanda's Character to have, Seriously!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Correct me if I am wrong, but a resurrected Vision should still have all his memories. He is mostly robotic, so this is a matter of memory banks rather than organic brain functions that go away when you die. So why doesn't he have his pre-death memories? Seems like that is Cataract. The end of the show might entail his memories returning, for this reason.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.