Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

I think that they'd have had to get a lot creepier and have at least a few completely unexplained events in order to pull out a magic/demon enemy now. So far we've only got military and psychic powers so the villain needs to tie into that stuff.

Again since this show is said to be kind of a set up for Doctor Strange 2 ( Wanda will also appearing in that film) I wouldn’t count anything out. A year or two ago the filmmakers mentioned that Doctor Strange 2 will be darker in tone, so again who knows. One thing that does seem likely that this show is setting the stage for mutants and the X men to appear. Also, heavy speculation that Monica’s friend she is in contact with is Reed Richards.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-16-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Again since this show is said to be kind of a set up for Doctor Strange 2 ( Wanda will also appearing in that film) I wouldn’t count anything out. A year or two ago the filmmakers mentioned that Doctor Strange 2 will be darker in tone, so again who knows. One thing that does seem likely that this show is setting the stage for mutants and the X men to appear. Also, heavy speculation that Monica’s friend she is in contact with is Reed Richards.
    Yeah, it does seem that some bridge has to be built to the next Doctor Strange. Mephisto would certainly be the most comics accurate person to be behind this, but I take the point that if not done really well he could be off-putting and/or faintly ridiculous. Reports are that Nightmare is the villain in the upcoming Doctor Strange, so that is a possibility.

I also take the point that, up till now, there has been a lot more emphasis on science (radiation, telepathy, etc) and the military while hints of the out and out supernatural are just that - suggestions and shadows. There's certainly a great deal to uncover and explain.

At least we should start to get some answers as we move into the third act with the next episode. Unless they really drag things out, we certainly will meet Monica's contact this week. And if they actually cross into the hex, maybe we will get more detail about Monica's emerging powers.

Also, the events of Halloween may well have unsettled things in Westview. Tommy, at least, seemed shocked by his mother's display of rage when she hurled Pietro into the fake tombstones. Billy probably will be somewhat unsettled, at the very least, by his visions (no pun intended) of the outside. And both of them heard that comment about "your dead husband." And I, for one, am very interested to see what form Darcy takes inside the hex.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-16-2021 at 07:09 PM.

The connection to Multiverse of Madness could be as simple as Dr Strange offering to mentor Wanda at the end of the show

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but a resurrected Vision should still have all his memories. He is mostly robotic, so this is a matter of memory banks rather than organic brain functions that go away when you die. So why doesn't he have his pre-death memories? Seems like that is Cataract. The end of the show might entail his memories returning, for this reason.
    I think it's really as simple as the fact that nobody in Westview remembers their lives before this whole thing started.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I just thought he was alive through Wanda's powers and animating his dead body ( they mention in episode 6 when they are monitoring him in Westview that he is decaying vibranium. He also starts to decay once he leaves the hex. If he was alive and just using an alternate timeline mindstone, wouldn't he have been fine outside of the hex?
    I think they're using the term "decay" in the scientific sense of molecules or radio-active half-lives of vibranium. (who knows how vibranium falls in scientific terms) Not that he's "decaying" due to being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The show will reveal what it will reveal but at the moment I believe that Vision being pulled apart and back towards the Hex is a secondary effect of the Hex being designed to keep him in rather than a primary effect of him not being able to exist outside of it. If Wanda could let him go there's a decent enough chance he'd have been fine
    I agree. We've seen that things altered within the Hex stay changed outside the Hex. Vision was doing what nobody should be able to - voluntarily push through the barrier. Westview residents are psychically deterred and Monica was "ushered" out with Wanda's energy to protect her. It seemed to me Vision was being pulled back in and he resisted because he wanted to make sure his message to help the people got out.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I have yet to meet a Wanda fan that likes HoM. Especially ones that were reading the character before it happened. New fans, sure. Because they don't know the character. It had impact. Sadly the impact on her was to throw her away for years. Essentially fridging her. It was a story created for impact on everyone else. To fuel more stories for them.
    I'm sure Olsen is considered a "new fan," but FWIW (go to 1:42)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure Olsen is considered a "new fan," but FWIW (go to 1:42)
    Yeah I saw that interview when it happened. And she was new, and only knew what Marvel handed to her. In newer interviews she talks about how newer stuff allowed her to dig in deeper with the character.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's really as simple as the fact that nobody in Westview remembers their lives before this whole thing started.
    Abhilash remembers his father and his sister

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Abhilash remembers his father and his sister
    Only when Vision broke him out of the "spell."

I don't think Mephisto would fit in with how they've portrayed the show itself so far. I think Evan Peters as Nightmare would make more sense but I still don't think the show has done enough to warrant a supernatural presence as out there as that.

I think the connective tissue between this and Dr Strange 2 is just gonna be Wanda helping fix the multiversal issue she possibly caused during this show.

Wandavision has set up a lot of red herrings in my opinion - Marvel knows it gets fans talking and theorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yeah, it does seem that some bridge has to be built to the next Doctor Strange. Mephisto would certainly be the most comics accurate person to be behind this, but I take the point that if not done really well he could be off-putting and/or faintly ridiculous. Reports are that Nightmare is the villain in the upcoming Doctor Strange, so that is a possibility.

I also take the point that, up till now, there has been a lot more emphasis on science (radiation, telepathy, etc) and the military while hints of the out and out supernatural are just that - suggestions and shadows. There's certainly a great deal to uncover and explain.

At least we should start to get some answers as we move into the third act with the next episode. Unless they really drag things out, we certainly will meet Monica's contact this week. And if they actually cross into the hex, maybe we will get more detail about Monica's emerging powers.

Also, the events of Halloween may well have unsettled things in Westview. Tommy, at least, seemed shocked by his mother's display of rage when she hurled Pietro into the fake tombstones. Billy probably will be somewhat unsettled, at the very least, by his visions (no pun intended) of the outside. And both of them heard that comment about "your dead husband." And I, for one, am very interested to see what form Darcy takes inside the hex.
    Yes lots of interesting things happening that I am excited to see unfold. Also, I would be okay with Nightmare being the big bad in Doctor Strange 2. Monica's contact has to be a well know character that fans I have been waiting to see. It will be beyond disappointed if it's reveled they are just a random scientist with no comic or character connections.

Extraordinary Member

A thought I had - you know how SWORD has a different anagram in this show from “Sentient World” to “Sentient Weapon”? And how they’ve been acting more like a straight up SHIELD stand-in instead of the more space-based operations they’re known for, even though their signal first showed up on Nock Fury’s ship in Spider-Man Far From Home?

What if they want to take the concept of HAMMER from the comics, but make it, well, smarter and more serious, and SWORD is going to become the “new SHIELD” for the Phase 4+ MCU, where the government has to be more paranoid and antagonistic to properly persecute mutants and possibly ally with a more insidious and clever version of Dark Avengers?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Its never seemed to me that this is going to be a show about the supernatural. On the surface it is about grief, loss and government exploitation. And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    A thought I had - you know how SWORD has a different anagram in this show from “Sentient World” to “Sentient Weapon”? And how they’ve been acting more like a straight up SHIELD stand-in instead of the more space-based operations they’re known for, even though their signal first showed up on Nock Fury’s ship in Spider-Man Far From Home?

What if they want to take the concept of HAMMER from the comics, but make it, well, smarter and more serious, and SWORD is going to become the “new SHIELD” for the Phase 4+ MCU, where the government has to be more paranoid and antagonistic to properly persecute mutants and possibly ally with a more insidious and clever version of Dark Avengers?
    SWORD is still a space based organization. When Monica returned to work Heyward told her she won't be doing any space related missions for a while.

Wanda: I'm not the one with the guns.

Also Wanda - Takes over control of the guns, enslaves an entire town, destroys a drone, makes people cry
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.