Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default COMICS-RELATED Movie & TV Projects you wanna see!

As Kevin Smith said, we've been in the Golden Age of media adaptations of comics material. Far from having Comic Book fatigue, I think there's still room for MORE adaptations!

Not everything needs to be a movie, however. So, that's what this thread is about.

What are your dream movie and TV/streaming projects that are based either on comic book characters or specific comic book storylines?

Also, rather than just list the properties, also feel free to suggest WHO should direct/produce/write the project and why you think their sensibilities would be a good fit.

For me, given that Bruce Timm is a fan of Archie artist Dan DeCarlo and incorporated DeCarlo's aesthetic into his artwork (particularly of female characters), and how Paul Dini wrote those fun Harley/Ivy Batman episodes I'd suggest:

Betty and Veronica: The Animated Series by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini

What are YOUR dream projects, and who would you want to create them?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

After I saw how well computer animated characters and live action could be incorporated in the Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon my first thought was that it was time to do Kamandi. Whether it's a TV show on HBO Max or a full length movie it's a story that would definitely connect well audiences and we're at a point where the technology could really pull off all those animals interacting with Kamndi.

Probably some adaptation of Kireon Gillen's Three

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

A live action (if feasible) or animated streaming series based on Transmetropolitan. Following the comics story and ending when it does. But only if Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson are directly involved.

2-D animated streaming series based on Bone. Following the story with detours allowed for new storylines, under the guidance and approval (and preferably scripting) of Jeff Smith.

Live action series based on Jen Van Meter's Hopeless Savages.

Live action or animated series based on Chynna Clugston Flores' Blue Monday.

Live action series based on Fables by Bill Willingham.

Animated series based on the Girl Genius webcomic by Phil and Kaja Foglio.

A series adaptation of Love & Rockets incorporating both the Locas and Palomar parts. Would be very hard to pull off, but could be done as a sort of crazy telenovela.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    A live action (if feasible) or animated streaming series based on Transmetropolitan. Following the comics story and ending when it does. But only if Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson are directly involved.

2-D animated streaming series based on Bone. Following the story with detours allowed for new storylines, under the guidance and approval (and preferably scripting) of Jeff Smith.

Live action series based on Jen Van Meter's Hopeless Savages.

Live action or animated series based on Chynna Clugston Flores' Blue Monday.

Live action series based on Fables by Bill Willingham.

Animated series based on the Girl Genius webcomic by Phil and Kaja Foglio.

A series adaptation of Love & Rockets incorporating both the Locas and Palomar parts. Would be very hard to pull off, but could be done as a sort of crazy telenovela.
    Bone would be great, though I've always thought the Bones should be computer animated with the Valley and its inhabitants being traditionally animated.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

a disney+ budget show of either black science or saga

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Bone would be great, though I've always thought the Bones should be computer animated with the Valley and its inhabitants being traditionally animated.
    Has that been done before? Seems like it would look odd.

It would visually highlight how different the Bones are from the Valley folk, but is that what they would really want to do? One of the more interesting aspects of the series was how the Bones, while they were looked at as outsiders, weren't treated like you would expect a family of bizarre bone-shaped cartoons to be treated in a human world.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Has that been done before? Seems like it would look odd.

It would visually highlight how different the Bones are from the Valley folk, but is that what they would really want to do? One of the more interesting aspects of the series was how the Bones, while they were looked at as outsiders, weren't treated like you would expect a family of bizarre bone-shaped cartoons to be treated in a human world.
    Unless I am misremembering, I could swear I used to see something in Wizard magazine back in the day about Bone animated project chatter.....or maybe just on Superherohype in recent years....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Unless I am misremembering, I could swear I used to see something in Wizard magazine back in the day about Bone animated project chatter.....or maybe just on Superherohype in recent years....
    I've definitely heard rumors about it, but never anything solid. Seems like it would be an obvious winner. (But then I've thought the same thing about an Amber project for years and never even heard rumors about that one.)

Sorry, I don't have creators or artists in mind so I'm just going to list:

I really want to see them do Green Lantern properly...

New Gods is already in the works, but that's another one I'd love to see brought to life.

The Question as a hard-hitting, philosophical and crime mystery show would be great. Okay for this one I had a thought: Maybe Noah Hawley - A Question series should be somewhat outside the box.

The Legion of Superheroes. The most improbable of all.

1. The Wrong Earth miniseries. One world is Adam West styled, the other one is Snyder.

2. Booster Gold & Blue Beetle TV series. I could totally see this working on the CW.

3. Hack/Slash movie. Rated R, live action.

4. Something is Killing the Children as a live action movie.

Astonishing Member

A JSA series taking a few cues from The Golden Age, America VS the JSA and Watchmen

The setting is a documentary type interview- maybe as an Easter Egg you use someone like Vic Sage or Galaxy Broadcasting.
    The person being interviewed is someone tied to the JSA. Maybe a long lived Wes Dodds or a middle-aged member of the Infinity Inc generation.
    Have it reference (but not tie directly to) stuff like the DCEU and Arrowverse. Let's you refer to events in the "present" to set the stage.

And we then basically get a history of the 1940-1980's of an Earth-Twoish team. One episode might depict a wartime adventure, another deal more with team changes post war, still others dealing with the team's attempts to come back after being "blacklisted" in the 50's and having to deal with 1960's social cjhange, etc;.

Astonishing Member

A big blockbuster trilogy of Masters of the Universe. Big like Lord of the rings. With an adult He-Man with real muscles (not a teenager please) and an evil Skeletor, a bit like Darth Vader. MOTU is so rich, its so big with so many characters and ideas, it just have to be for the big screen.

But...if it ever get made, the studio or the director or whoever is responsible will tank it. I am sure of that, so its better if it stays in limbo. After all they almost botched Transformers, and they didnt do GI Joe any good.
    Last edited by DanMad1977; 03-22-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Disney + X-Men shows for solo X-Men, especially Kitty Pryde (with Lockheed), Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm, and possibly duo series for Jean Grey and Cyclops or Rogue and Gambit.

Also an adaption of Ed Brubaker's Books of Doom for a Doom origin series on Disney+ once the character is underway.

I know Skybound has a deal with Amazon, I’m really hoping this results in both a Birthright and a Manifest Destiny show. What great comics those are.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!