Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

With the way the show is set up, it's easy to do that. Because everything seems like it is or should be some sort of symbolism.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post

Also, I never knew about Wiccan as a magic user. I always thought marvel was weak on magic compared to DC with the homo magi and numerous other magic using characters, but with scarlet witch being a mutant/magic user, doctor strange... and wandas kid, it's a bit more expansive than I thought.
    Seriously??? Marvel has some truly great magic characters. On the hero side you have Brother Voodoo, Dr Druid, Shaman (Alpha Flight), Talisman (Shaman's daughter), Devil Slayer, Hellstrom (plus his sister Satana), Magik, SnowBird's powers are magic Based. As are those of several members of the classic Defenders and new Defenders from the 80s. Clea, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Ghost Rider.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/discov...marvel-mystics

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...racters/19713/
    Last edited by beatboks; 01-24-2021 at 02:43 AM.

The more I have sat with it. I think Wanda might be the bad guy. Someone else might seize on some damage she does in the end but I think the show ends with her as a tragic villian. I'm sure after next week my opinion will change again though.

Love the little things this show is doing. With people breaking character, changing the aspect ratio when they swtich to the modern world etc..

Dottie.... is that the lady from Buffy who played the vengeance demon? Her name is escaping me. Her and Spike(Not really) dies in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The more I have sat with it. I think Wanda might be the bad guy. Someone else might seize on some damage she does in the end but I think the show ends with her as a tragic villian. I'm sure after next week my opinion will change again though.

Love the little things this show is doing. With people breaking character, changing the aspect ratio when they swtich to the modern world etc..

Dottie.... is that the lady from Buffy who played the vengeance demon? Her name is escaping me. Her and Spike(Not really) dies in the finale.
    Yes she played Anya.

BANNED

There are certain things we can know for certain even if they aren't clear yet.

- Someone in the simulation knows it's a simulation, and will eventually spill the beans to Wanda and Vision
    - Someone outside the simulation has created the simulation and is monitoring it and controlling it when necessary (such as rewinding scenes when they start to get out of hand)
    - The creation and the resolution of the situation will have as much to do with Vision as it does Wanda. Creation is probably more about Vision than Wanda, given that evidently someone (besides Wanda) wants him in the simulation.

Creating and controlling the simulation is well outside Wanda's power set, and we can safely discount her from being responsible. On the other hand, I can't think of a situation where super speed was within Vision's power set, so it may just be a case of bad writing.

We don't actually know any of that for certain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    We don't actually know any of that for certain.
    We know the first point for certain because Monica was pulled out of the simulation, and Agness isn't exactly making a secret of knowing more than she's saying.
    We know the second thing for certain because Monica was pulled out of the simulation, by someone other than Wanda, proving they have ultimate control over it.
    We know the third thing for certain because it's basic good writing and I trust the creative team not to be stupid.

I'm actually wondering if the simulation isn't being created by "good guys" and bad guys are actually trying to infiltrate.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Obviously, but I swear that sequence felt like 15 minutes. I thought it was a neon sign it meant something besides storks bring babies, but nevermind I guess.
    The only other thing I thought when that scene was happening is that Wanda had no effect on the stork. That felt very Bewitched (I know that was ep 2 not 3, but still) where Samantha couldn't impact things created by other witches which led to hilarious hijinx. It made me think some other power was impacting the environment, forcing the issue with Geraldine.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    We know the first point for certain because Monica was pulled out of the simulation, and Agness isn't exactly making a secret of knowing more than she's saying.
    We know the second thing for certain because Monica was pulled out of the simulation, by someone other than Wanda, proving they have ultimate control over it.
    We know the third thing for certain because it's basic good writing and I trust the creative team not to be stupid.

I'm actually wondering if the simulation isn't being created by "good guys" and bad guys are actually trying to infiltrate.
    We don't know if Agnes is a part of the simulation/not real and created by Wanda, though.

We don't know who pulled Monica out. It actually appears Wanda did it.

Vision could easily be used as a pawn by whoever to get Wanda to do what they want. It doesn't have to be about him more than her.

So again, no we don't know any of those things fir certain.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

We do know that at least some people in Westview know that it's a simulation of some sort. That was made explicitly clear in ep 3 with Geraldine, Herb and Agnes but we've seen that any time anyone breaks character, they get punished (Mr. Hart, Dottie), rewound (Vision, Beekeeper) or expelled (Geraldine). We're led to believe that it's Wanda but that could be trickery.

I liked how Geraldine's persona shifted from over-the-top sitcom character to normal person while she was interacting with Wanda. Agnes and Herb did the same at the wall but I found it really striking when Geraldine switched back and forth.

BANNED

We don't know if Agnes is a part of the simulation/not real and created by Wanda, though.

We don't know who pulled Monica out. It actually appears Wanda did it.

Vision could easily be used as a pawn by whoever to get Wanda to do what they want. It doesn't have to be about him more than her.

So again, no we don't know any of those things fir certain.
    Unless Wanda is suddenly in charge of black cars and helicopters ready to swarm on a particular place at a moment's notice, we know for sure she didn't pull Monica out. Further, it would be hard to explain why Wanda pulled her out when she was telling Wanda exactly what she wanted to know.

If Vision turned out to be a pawn it would be one hell of a disappointing resolution, and I trust them not to do that.

So yeah, we know these things pretty much for certain.

Unless Wanda is suddenly in charge of black cars and helicopters ready to swarm on a particular place at a moment's notice, we know for sure she didn't pull Monica out. Further, it would be hard to explain why Wanda pulled her out when she was telling Wanda exactly what she wanted to know.

If Vision turned out to be a pawn it would be one hell of a disappointing resolution, and I trust them not to do that.

So yeah, we know these things pretty much for certain.
    Those SWORD squad showed up because they're monitoring the situation and Monica suddenly appeared outside the "bubble." They didn't show they were the ones who pulled her out, though. That's an assumption, nothing explicitly stated or shown. And she wasn't telling Wanda anything. She appeared to either be stalling or confused. And if Wanda doesn't want any outsiders in who could possibly ruin her fantasy then it makes sense she'd get rid of her. Or the person pulling the strings would. And that's my point. We don't know these things "for certain."

BANNED

Those SWORD squad showed up because they're monitoring the situation and Monica suddenly appeared outside the "bubble." They didn't show they were the ones who pulled her out, though. That's an assumption, nothing explicitly stated or shown. And she wasn't telling Wanda anything. She appeared to either be stalling or confused. And if Wanda doesn't want any outsiders in who could possibly ruin her fantasy then it makes sense she'd get rid of her. Or the person pulling the strings would. And that's my point. We don't know these things "for certain."
    You got me. we know these things 99% for certain, and only a horrible twisting and stretching of the story would lead to results like this, but it's possible.

Unless Wanda is suddenly in charge of black cars and helicopters ready to swarm on a particular place at a moment's notice, we know for sure she didn't pull Monica out....
    To address this one point - it seems to me SWORD is encamped right outside town where Monica was ejected. They came running when they saw her but it didn't take any time because they were there already. It might not be Wanda doing it, but there's more there to indicate it was rather than someone else.

[QUOTE=j9ac9k;5343371]
    Unless Wanda is suddenly in charge of black cars and helicopters ready to swarm on a particular place at a moment's notice, we know for sure she didn't pull Monica out..../QUOTE]

To address this one point - it seems to me SWORD is encamped right outside town where Monica was ejected. They came running when they saw her but it didn't take any time because they were there already. It might not be Wanda doing it, but I would say it certainly came across that it was.
    Exactly. I got the same impression.