Page 80 of 113 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1694

This all seems to me like clever storytelling and writing that basically explains what she has been all along. I expect her mutant status to be reversed in the books as well probably in SWORD where we have seen Magneto refer to her in a sorrowful way. I think things are going to come to a head between the X-Men and Wanda with the kree/skrulls and she will be back to being a mutant when it’s all said and done...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Agatha gave Wanda the name of the power that Wanda has wielded since it was established in comics during Busiek's run. And the same link to the god that she's been linked to since the 70s.

I do. There's no reason not to. They'll use R if they need it but most of them if not all the rest will be PG-13. Because you can do a lot more with PG-13 than you use to be able to do. It'll be fine. And if it's not, you save money on movie tickets and subscriptions.
    Nah, they unlikely will not do any R. let's just leave it at that. this is also not the thread for that.

In fact I like Wandavsion just fine since I have accepted it's on disney plus and very primarily tied to MCU unlike Netflix luke cage or Daredevil , as a wanda fan I am enjoying it for what it is, but I know Wandavsion could be more than what we have now. Legion and Buffy The Vampire Slayer been on Hulu (Owned by Disney) is proof.

I would also say about all the marvel shows and their connections claim, Legion brought in a new actor to play Xavier in season 3 despite the lie that the series was part of the movies, this is unlike Feige who could not just help but use the Evan's QS who is suppose to be a fake, Neither were coincidence.

At this point, it will take miracle to convince me of the latter about Wanda the telepathic witch. I don't need to big skywalker reveal in the end to be xavier or magneto anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    This all seems to me like clever storytelling and writing that basically explains what she has been all along. I expect her mutant status to be reversed in the books as well probably in SWORD where we have seen Magneto refer to her in a sorrowful way. I think things are going to come to a head between the X-Men and Wanda with the kree/skrulls and she will be back to being a mutant when it’s all said and done...
    Probably not. Hickman who's heading the X-line seems to have a vendetta against the character given how he wrote her in the X-Men Empyre mini. And Wanda despite being a mutant seems to be the property of the Avenger/FF book editors. And given how these are the same people who retconned Franklin to not being a mutant just so they don't have to share him with Hickman, I think they might actually make her a human and keep all the stuff from Uncanny Avengers just out of spite.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-26-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The "myth" is about the Scarlet Witch, not people born with powers in general.
    You can look at it that way but I think there was a deeper meaning. All this lines up with what has been going on in Excalibur...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Probably not. Hickman who's heading the X-line seems to have a vendetta against the character given how he wrote her in the X-Men Empyre mini. And Wanda despite being a mutant seems to be the property of the Avenger book editors.
    Wanda has always been an Avengers character despite being a mutant. The Avengers editors would have dibs. Magneto is her only real connection to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The first instance of Wanda using her magic is when she was 10. Mutants usually have to hit puberty for their powers to manifest. It don't line up.
    Females hit it way before males, she was in the age range. 10 or so like her kids...

Probably not. Hickman who's heading the X-line seems to have a vendetta against the character given how he wrote her in the X-Men Empyre mini. And Wanda despite being a mutant seems to be the property of the Avenger/FF book editors. And given how these are the same people who retconned Franklin to not being a mutant just so they don't have to share him with Hickman, I think they might actually make her a human and keep all the stuff from Uncanny Avengers just out of spite.
    You have a point but I don’t believe that all these references we have had of her in the X-line have been for no reason. Something is going to happen with SW and her status I believe. And there’s contradiction in your explanation, if they don’t want Hickman to use her why is he able to in a X mini?

Wanda has always been an Avengers character despite being a mutant. The Avengers editors would have dibs. Magneto is her only real connection to the X-Men.
    What she did makes her connected to all mutants like forever. And the only way they can make it better and her not a criminal is to revert her back to mutant status. Take a look at how Xavier and the council handle threats to mutant kind right now. You think that she is not in the crosshairs of Krakoa?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    You have a point but I don’t believe that all these references we have had of her in the X-line have been for no reason. Something is going to happen with SW and her status I believe. And there’s contradiction in your explanation, if they don’t want Hickman to use her why is he able to in a X mini?

Probably because Empyre is a crossover. There is actually a theory that Hickman wrote her so badly because he was mad, he couldn't use the character for the main X-books whether because of editorial or because of WandaVision and the MCU.

BANNED

The "myth" is about the Scarlet Witch, not people born with powers in general.
    It was about people born with powers. Agatha says in quote
    a being of spontaneous creation other words for this are big bang, new species of the next stage of human creation or evolution.

This has nothing to do with knowing the comics. It's about common sense. You're seriously overthinking things.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda...ff_(Earth-616)
    Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch[3] is a Transian Sorceress and the twin sister of the speedster Quicksilver.[17] She and her brother were once believed to have been Mutant children of Magneto the "Master of Magnetism
    I thought it was common sense or shall I say common Knowledge that scarlet witch was her mutant code name.

These folks are already ahead explaining the significant of her name further.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/26/22...rs-chaos-magic
    WandaVision finally said the ‘Scarlet Witch’ part out loud

https://www.theringer.com/2021/2/26/...t-witch-agatha
    WandaVision’ Episode 8 Recap: How the Westview Anomaly Was Born

https://screenrant.com/wandavision-m...h-name-origin/
    Scarlet Witch: Wanda's MCU Superhero Name Explained

Wanda was an x-men character. she has just never been on any xmen team apart from some alternate reality universe stuff,
    Last edited by Castle; 02-26-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Probably because Empyre is a crossover. There is actually a theory that Hickman wrote her so badly because he was mad, he couldn't use the character for the main X-books whether because of editorial or because of WandaVision and the MCU.
    Hmm I understand, but we haven’t seen any plans for Wanda in any book so far. And I’m inclined to believe that if Hickman wanted her he would’ve gotten her. Or does have her...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think all this mutant talk is wishful thinking. To me it sounded more like Agatha talking about and uber powerful witch legend than having anything to do with mutants.

I will say the surprise of seeing that Wanda didn't resurrect the actual Vision, and instead created a duplicate version was the big shocker to me. Seeing the Vision all in white is straight out of the John Byrne West Coast Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wanda...ff_(Earth-616)

Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch[3] is a Transian Sorceress and the twin sister of the speedster Quicksilver.[17] She and her brother were once believed to have been Mutant children of Magneto the "Master of Magnetism
    It's actually not quite as simple as that.

From the same webpage -

She was in truth an orphan who was enhanced by the High Evolutionary at Mount Wundagore becoming a conduit of Chaos Magic allowing her to manipulate probability and warp reality itself. Wanda was trained by Agatha Harkness to become one of the most powerful magic wielders on Earth.
    One of those sounds a lot more like what is happening in the series.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think all this mutant talk is wishful thinking. To me it sounded more like Agatha talking about and uber powerful witch legend than having anything to do with mutants.

I will say the surprise of seeing that Wanda didn't resurrect the actual Vision, and instead created a duplicate version was the big shocker to me. Seeing the Vision all in white is straight out of the John Byrne West Coast Avengers run.
    That's what I think as well. The theory is dead. Time to let it go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

Nah I personally don't think it's wishful thinking, and I say this as a person who said I don't want to see any fox or sony marvel character appear in the MCU.

However the dots are falling into place. I think maybe what is going on here is some may not want to admit any chance of possibility that Fiege may have gone for the most predictable here with mutants. I had to rewind the last few minutes of episode 8, to make sure I heard what I heard before the name dropping of scarlet witch, infact its strange to me to now see some say, the name have never been tied to mutant? that ain't true.

Also MCU has never done any pure fantasy stuff. Wanda been called a witch does not make her harry potter or gandalf, reason I also backed up my stance with storm who is called a witch too.

I am bringing the marvel lore here. as a long term fan, who knew marvel before MCU. Fiege can shift things a bit but I think his still has some limits in certain places.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's actually not quite as simple as that.

From the same webpage -

One of those sounds a lot more like what is happening in the series.
    This was before the retcon in 2013 that was soley about the fox/disney war. that war is over since disney bought fox.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-26-2021 at 04:49 PM.