Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I was curious about Dottie too because they've had her in previews sniffing those flowers but she hasn't appeared again yet.
    She appeared in the beginning of episode 3 asking if earrings make her look fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    She appeared in the beginning of episode 3 asking if earrings make her look fat.
    Ah yeah forgot about that scene because it was so brief. I'm waiting for the scene they teased though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I was curious about Dottie too because they've had her in previews sniffing those flowers but she hasn't appeared again yet.
    If she is ultimately unimportant it my makes sense I guess her missing for 3 episodes now. But at the beginning to seemed as if she mattered.

As far as the rest of today's episode I liked Billy and Tommy progressing as characters. Their development is becoming more important to me at least in terms of hopefully getting to the young avenger stage.

Wanda is clearly being manipulated. These characters questioning her and asking for "direction" are manipulating her control of the situation. She's clearly maintaining the barrier that's undeniable. The remaining questing is what is the manipulator using the barrier for and the people inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think the commercial is referencing the big bad. Whatever it is it's feeding on Wanda's magic. I think the kid being unable to open the lid is a representation of the trapped residents of Westview. Considering how much pain they are in it wouldn't surprise me if does kill them. There have been some characters from earlier episodes that straight up disappeared. Where's Dottie been since episode 2?
    It wouldn't surprise me if it's both. The commercials have always had at least two meanings as far as we know.

Other random thoughts:
    -- I'm hoping Hayward isn't revealed to be anything other than a regular human *******.(even if he's revealed to be hiding more nefarious intentions) It would be more interesting and true to life if that were the case. After the snap, I'm sure people were traumatized and I can see someone like Hayward in power having the attitude that he does.(they already exist in our world sans blip) It would be too easy to excuse it if he were Mephisto or something. He's just a fallible human and it acknowledges how real people have reacted to all these crazy MCU events.
    -- This also made me think that Monica and Wanda wouldn't be the only people traumatized by the blip. Could part of this be the result of Wanda connecting to everyone's collective trauma and grief? - amplified by her powers?
    -- I think that Wanda's barrier turned the SWORD agents into clowns, partly as a jibe as to how she sees them, but they're also a travelling circus. They're not from the town and they're encamped just outside of town in big tents, so it kinda fits. From the little bit we saw of Darcy's "costume" I'm going to guess she'll be cast as the fortune teller in the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    If she is ultimately unimportant it my makes sense I guess her missing for 3 episodes now. But at the beginning to seemed as if she mattered.
    There are three characters that strike me as suspicious right now: Agnes (duh), the mailman (he has a weird conversation with Agnes in the second episode and says "your mom wouldn't let anything bad happen to Sparky" in the fifth), and Dottie (no photo up on the SWORD wall). Of the three, Dottie would come off as the most out of left field as a manipulator

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- This also made me think that Monica and Wanda wouldn't be the only people traumatized by the blip. Could part of this be the result of Wanda connecting to everyone's collective trauma and grief? - amplified by her powers?
    One of my theories that has been slightly damaged by this episode has been that Westview was a town where all the adults got Snapped away and none of the kids did. Some of the kids must have starved to death with no caregiver spoilers:
    Like the kid in the commercial
    end of spoilers while others would have seemingly aged up five years all of a sudden spoilers:
    Like Wanda's twins, twice, in episode 5
    end of spoilers, and all the parents would be mourning for something they've lost.

Also Abhilash mentions his father has been sick when he breaks character. Another thing to mourn.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The era in this episode is a bit debatable now since we have references to both 90's and 00's movies in this episode. But I assumed that Malcolm In The Middle was the base point.
    The year was 2004. The Incredibles was on the marquee

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if it's both. The commercials have always had at least two meanings as far as we know.

Other random thoughts:
    -- I'm hoping Hayward isn't revealed to be anything other than a regular human *******.(even if he's revealed to be hiding more nefarious intentions) It would be more interesting and true to life if that were the case. After the snap, I'm sure people were traumatized and I can see someone like Hayward in power having the attitude that he does.(they already exist in our world sans blip) It would be too easy to excuse it if he were Mephisto or something. He's just a fallible human and it acknowledges how real people have reacted to all these crazy MCU events.
    -- I think that Wanda's barrier turned the SWORD agents into clowns, partly as a jibe as to how she sees them, but they're also a travelling circus. They're not from the town and they're encamped just outside of town in big tents, so it kinda fits. From the little bit we saw of Darcy's "costume" I'm going to guess she'll be cast as the fortune teller in the circus.
    I don't think Hayward is a mustache-twirler or anything but it seems clear he has something untoward planned for Vision's body.

BANNED

So what's the significance of the street name being named after the president from 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    So what's the significance of the street name being named after the president from 8 years ago?
    I saw one online theory that it was a nod to X-Men where Magneto's plan involving Ellis Island.(and his plan where he was going to turn people into mutants) Seems a stretch to me, but who knows?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There are three characters that strike me as suspicious right now: Agnes (duh), the mailman (he has a weird conversation with Agnes in the second episode and says "your mom wouldn't let anything bad happen to Sparky" in the fifth), and Dottie (no photo up on the SWORD wall). Of the three, Dottie would come off as the most out of left field as a manipulator

One of my theories that has been slightly damaged by this episode has been that Westview was a town where all the adults got Snapped away and none of the kids did. Some of the kids must have starved to death with no caregiver spoilers:
    Like the kid in the commercial
    end of spoilers while others would have seemingly aged up five years all of a sudden spoilers:
    Like Wanda's twins, twice, in episode 5
    end of spoilers, and all the parents would be mourning for something they've lost.

Also Abhilash mentions his father has been sick when he breaks character. Another thing to mourn.
    I would replace Dottie with Herb. He has the same level of awareness as Anges and they were speaking about it on episode 3. In this episode he was subtly asking Wanda if she is ok with the current state of things. He has appeared in half of the episodes

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I thought it was named after Warren Ellis. The guy has written a couple of X-Men and Avengers books. Not sure if he did anything with Wanda or Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The era in this episode is a bit debatable now since we have references to both 90's and 00's movies in this episode. But I assumed that Malcolm In The Middle was the base point.
    The year was 2004. The Incredibles was on the marquee
    It also had The Parent Trap, which I assume was the 1998 Lindsay Lohan version.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It also had The Parent Trap, which I assume was the 1998 Lindsay Lohan version.
    A movie about a superpowered family and one about twins. Wonder if that could have any significance

Astonishing Member

With 3 episodes left I hope they don't wait till the last one to try and cram in all the "answers". For me we kind of need to get a good chunk of answers the next 2 episodes then the final is the resolution of main fight against the big bad.

A movie about a superpowered family and one about twins. Wonder if that could have any significance
    Anyone know the b/w movie that was playing in the town square? I think I saw a scene of a man/creature breaking through a cage? Possible parallel to Vision trying to break out?