Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    "Reverse House of M" refers to this being used to bring mutants into the MCU world, a reversal of how House of M depowered and took mutants out of the world.
    Yeah she's likely not doing that either.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    First reactions:

1) Yeah, there’s a LOT to wrap up;

2) Inside the Hex continues to be original and interesting, while outside is so cliche that seems to have been written on autopilot (although they did a really good job showing what “real” Westview is like, almost a Stephen King-level depiction of a slowly dying small town);

3) I agree Agatha did not mean to refer to Wanda as a mutant. In fact, she outright calls her “a baby witch facing years of therapy.”

4) Since Wanda was the first to survive contact with the Mind Stone, are we to assume she used her powers unconsciously to make sure Pietro survived?
    I just finished the episode,

I disagree that Agatha did not mean to refer to her as a mutant. She did in a big subtle way. although MCU is still bidding their time to say mutant. however this is the biggest hint so far.

When Agatha kidnaps her kids and is strangling them, Wanda tries to save them and Agatha says in quote,

''I know what you are, you have no idea how dangerous you are, you suppose to be myth, a being of spontaneous creation but here you are using it to make breakfast for dinner, this whole little life you made, this is chaos magic wanda but that makes you the scarlet witch''.

This is your standard mutant definition, we have since many times in the cartoons and movies. William Stryker and Trask from the past X-Men movies have defined mutants as such including Xavier dissertation of first class about which was about how the myths of mutants are real , Senator Kelly also calling mutants dangerous in the past films.

Also this is the first time we see her called scarlet witch, ( a relief if you ask me) I remember hearing rumours that MCU was not allowed to refer to the twins as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, while fox was not allowed to call the twins pietro or wanda. reason evan peters is called peter. but the deal is over now so MCU can now call her scarlet witch which is her mutant code name.

I could be wrong but this is so far the most believable theory. I hope it sticks, I have said it from the get go that the evolution of mutants should stick to the main defined definition we know.

I never wanted all that Iron Man experiment on human genes, Eternal mutant concept BS. So this is giving me hope.

Extraordinary Member

"For what is grief? If not love persevering?" Damn Vision is deep. Even Agatha had to wipe away a fake tear lol. Interesting that Wanda doesn't know what she is but then why would she. Still a lot to wrap up and not much time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They confirmed she uses chaos magic. Which is linked to Chthon, not her being a mutant.
    nah, its all mutant stuff most likely.

Storm is refered to as a Weather Witch in the comics. Storm is as much of a witch as Wanda is.

Many mutants in xmen were usually gods and witches by those who were in awe of their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I remember hearing rumours that MCU was not allowed to refer to the twins as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, while fox was not allowed to call the twins pietro or wanda. reason evan peters is called peter. but the deal is over now so MCU can now call her scarlet witch which is her mutant code name.
    This was never true. Feige said no one pushed for the rights of the twins so Marvel and Fox could use them equally. They just couldn't use the term mutant or use Magneto.

nah, its all mutant stuff most likely.

Storm is refered to as a Weather Witch in the comics. Storm is as much of a witch as Wanda is.

Many mutants in xmen were usually gods and witches by those who were in awe of their powers.
    It's really not. Chaos magic was Chthonic magic which was an eldtrich power from the creation of the universe. Wielded by an elder god of the universe. Chthon himself. And Wanda wields a fraction of his power.

By the way this was the best episode thus far imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    WandaVision is starting to feel a little like Hush (Loeb/Lee Batman story) to me now an alright premise that teases something mind blowing on purpose only to scale it back by a factor of 10. The oh crap Jason Todd is Hush and what that meant was a big deal, then it wasn't, then Winnick actually did it to much less fanfare (but that is another story). The Quicksilver thing was oh snap for all it could mean and Marvel knew what they could have been implying, now for it just to be about something much less seems disappointing, just like finding out Hush isn't Jason but some childhood best friend we had never heard of before. That being said there is one (possibly 2) episodes left so who knows maybe my mind can be blown again. In Avengers terms it's like thinking you are getting a Korvac storyline and it just ends up being the Absorbing man.
    Yeah I'm kinda disappointed with the way the QS thing is going too.

BANNED

This was never true. Feige said no one pushed for the rights of the twins so Marvel and Fox could use them equally. They just couldn't use the term mutant or use Magneto.
    well I said it was a rumor, also just because it was never true does not mean it never was. Plus, never take all what Fiege says as pure truth

I saw all the films and I did find it strange how they were not called QS and SW in Age of Ultron. those were their comics superhero code name, in a code names of Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk.

Just because they could use them equally does not make the rumour any less true either since I don't think it is a coincidence that QS was killed off in Ultron and X-Men never mentioned Evan's peter had a twin.

Neither do I think it is a coincidence now that for the first time in the MCU she is called scarlet witch after Feige now has the right to mutants.

It's really not. Chaos magic was Chthonic magic which was an eldtrich power from the creation of the universe. Wielded by an elder god of the universe. Chthon himself. And Wanda wields a fraction of his power.
    I get it and that’s the comics but that’s also too comic booky especially when they already have tied it to the infinity stone. That Chthon stuff is not needed and it’s not been introduced to the MCU yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I get it and that’s the comics but that’s also too comic booky especially when they already have tied it to the infinity stone. That Chthon stuff is not needed and it’s not been introduced to the MCU yet.
    Chthon is likely why the book was there. And chaos magic is unquestionably linked to him and no one else.

well I said it was a rumor, also just because it was never true does not mean it never was. Plus, never take all what Fiege says as pure truth

I saw all the films and I did find it strange how they were not called QS and SW in Age of Ultron. those were their comics superhero code name, in a code names of Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk.

Just because they could use them equally does not make the rumour any less true either since I don't think it is a coincidence that QS was killed off in Ultron and X-Men never mentioned Evan's peter had a twin.

Neither do I think it is a coincidence now that for the first time in the MCU she is called scarlet witch after Feige now has the right to mutants.
    I will take Kevin Feige as truth before I take the word of people that want things desperately be true to the point of ignoring all evidence to the contrary. He runs the universe. He knows what he's doing. He does things in five year plans and has also stated that mutants aren't soon.

Mutants are a myth according to this, that’s the angle I think there going with. They’ve been around all along it’s just nobody knew the nature of their powers so they called them witches and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Mutants are a myth according to this, that’s the angle I think there going with. They’ve been around all along it’s just nobody knew the nature of their powers so they called them witches and the like.
    Or they are having Wanda linked to magic because they did that in comics and are having her team up with other magic users for her next appearance.

Chthon is likely why the book was there. And chaos magic is unquestionably linked to him and no one else.
    Maybe true for 616 but I’d say not for here. We all thought Mephisto and Nightmare would show but neither has, so I doubt they plan on using that to explain her power set.