Page 77 of 113 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1694

First reactions:

1) Yeah, there’s a LOT to wrap up;

2) Inside the Hex continues to be original and interesting, while outside is so cliche that seems to have been written on autopilot (although they did a really good job showing what “real” Westview is like, almost a Stephen King-level depiction of a slowly dying small town);

3) I agree Agatha did not mean to refer to Wanda as a mutant. In fact, she outright calls her “a baby witch facing years of therapy.”

4) Since Wanda was the first to survive contact with the Mind Stone, are we to assume she used her powers unconsciously to make sure Pietro survived?

Ultimate Member

Have to wonder what Harkness' *ahem* end game here, is.

I mean, she's knowingly pissed off a witch of vast power and drawn Wanda back to her right mind. I can't see how she thinks this might end well for her

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    4) Since Wanda was the first to survive contact with the Mind Stone, are we to assume she used her powers unconsciously to make sure Pietro survived?
    If she's been unconsciously manipulating probability since she was a child, it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Have to wonder what Harkness' *ahem* end game here, is.

I mean, she's knowingly pissed off a witch of vast power and drawn Wanda back to her right mind. I can't see how she thinks this might end well for her
    I think she wants Wanda's power.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Agatha even took over the Marvel Studios logo! Wow.

It's weird for me to see Agatha Harkness as this power-hungry, spectral, evil witch character. I mean, yeah, she's long-lived, but she's so dangerous even her own kind had to put her on a Salem Witch Trial because she was dabbling with dark magic. Even her mother thought she was too dangerous. And then she killed them all. Just not sure what to think about all this. Although it felt like Agatha was "acting" even back then when you see the shift in her expressions from defending herself to just going full-on evil witch.

"Previously On" may as well have been called "how Wanda did it" as we explore Wanda's grief, the role sitcoms have had in her life, the impact of Vision on her, what SWORD did, and how it all crescendos into Wanda going to Westview and creating the Hex out of grief.

It was weird seeing child Pietro without his white hair. I know in context he got them from the experiments, but still...

I love how child Wanda and Pietro wear their Superhero colors. And then Wanda has a red car. They are just that committed to this theme.

How many times did Vision just phase into Wanda's bedroom?

So apparently Wanda is an ancient, legendary, witch known as the "Scarlet Witch" and has unknowingly been casting magic since she was a child. Her first probability hex (the first time her powers have been linked to probability in the MCU) kept her and Pietro alive after the death of their parents, and she's unkowingly had access to deep Chaos Magic the whole time. She even got a glimpse of her future Scarlet Witch self during the Hydra experiments.

Yeah, so Wanda didn't actually steal Vision's body from SWORD. She just wanted to bury him and SWORD was the one desecrating his body and trying to find out how to weaponize or utilize him for science. And then they end up creating White Vision as their attack drone, I assume. We are totally going to get Hex!Vision vs White!Vision.

I guess Wanda is responsible for all the brainwashing when she casted the Hex? It seems some of it was unintentional because she didn't understand her powers, but she just went along with it. How are they going to let this go after the Hex is undone?
    end of spoilers
    Ok, I have a question now...

spoilers:
    If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    end of spoilers
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Ok, I have a question now...

spoilers:
    If Wanda was born with magic and the stone made that magic more powerful does that mean Pietro was born with super speed? If so, does his super speed have a magical origin also? Seems odd that such a power would come about due to magic, right? But I guess it is possible. If the idea is that Pietro got his powers from the stone that creates a problem for me: it would be weird if she was born with magic (or tapped into it at an early age) while her twin brother was not born with powers and then gets them from the stone that enhanced his sister. That feels clunky to me.
    end of spoilers
    The implication is that Wanda's probability powers allowed Pietro to not die from being exposed to the Mind Stone, like ever other test subject, and instead gave him powers.

the reverse House of M ending is looking more and more likely

edit: And if this does have a reverse House of M ending, is this not the ultimate reverse House of M?
    spoilers:
    given that this episode establishes Chaos Magic as an actual thing in the MCU that Wanda has, I remember Dr. Strange saying Chaos magic didn't exist was one of the dumber things about the original comic run, given he'd actually used it in the past
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hiromi; 02-26-2021 at 12:04 PM.

i was totally blind during age of ultron, that the twins joined a terriorist organization, even if it is not the "evil" brotherhood. them volunteering is even better than their comics origin, in which they were pressed into service.
    i really like that.
    byrne WCA white vision brought to live action is so out of the realm of possibilities, anything might be possible.
    alien contact within the next 5 years! (you heard it here first)
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Seems to me they confirmed her as a mutant all while defining her power set. In Excalibur mutants are referred to as witch bred ironically. Magic is learned usually but in Wandas case she was born with it and is extremely powerful with it without any training or teaching. The scene with hydra can be looked at as a stand in for her volunteering to be a member of the Brotherhood of mutants, just the way I saw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    the reverse House of M ending is looking more and more likely

edit: And if this does have a reverse House of M ending, is this not the ultimate reverse House of M?
    spoilers:
    given that this episode establishes Chaos Magic as an actual thing in the MCU that Wanda has, I remember Dr. Strange saying Chaos magic didn't exist was one of the dumber things about the original comic run, given he'd actually used it in the past
    end of spoilers
    It's not doing anything HoM. HoM wasn't when chaos magic was introduced to Wanda. That was during Busiek's run on Avengers. It's Wanda finding out about the abilities she was born with. The grief story comes from various sources. From her many origin tellings, from the Byrne stuff and then the Bendis stuff. But the Bendis stuff is only covered by the false reality stuff. spoilers:
    White Vision and all that is Byrne's stuff.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Seems to me they confirmed her as a mutant all while defining her power set. In Excalibur mutants are referred to as witch bred ironically. Magic is learned usually but in Wandas case she was born with it and is extremely powerful with it without any training or teaching. The scene with hydra can be looked at as a stand in for her volunteering to be a member of the Brotherhood of mutants, just the way I saw it...
    They confirmed she uses chaos magic. Which is linked to Chthon, not her being a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    i was totally blind during age of ultron, that the twins joined a terriorist organization, even if it is not the "evil" brotherhood. them volunteering is even better than their comics origin, in which they were pressed into service.
    i really like that.
    byrne WCA white vision brought to live action is so out of the realm of possibilities, anything might be possible.
    alien contact within the next 5 years! (you heard it here first)
    You beat me to it also mutants manifest their powers under stressful situations, her breakdown was it...

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They confirmed she uses chaos magic. Which is linked to Chthon, not her being a mutant.
    I took it as magic that has not been taught or learned but comes from emotionally driven circumstances...chaos magic

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I took it as magic that has not been taught or learned but comes from emotionally driven circumstances...chaos magic
    Chaos magic is something Wanda was blessed with at birth. They are making her super magical. Comics wrote her out as being a mutant. And despite bringing back the F4 immediately after they got the rights back, they did not do anything with Wanda or Pietro and they were in books at the time (Pietro had his solo going). Comics would know what is going on with the movies/tv, because even games get to know what's going on with the movies/tv. All this started six years ago. It's likely what they are continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait a minute.

If Vision's body is outside the hex, how was Haywood able to track the construct Vision inside the hex?

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He was tracking vibranium inside the hex. Didn't have any way of knowing whether this was actual Vision or some other source of vibranium
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's not doing anything HoM. HoM wasn't when chaos magic was introduced to Wanda. That was during Busiek's run on Avengers. It's Wanda finding out about the abilities she was born with. The grief story comes from various sources. From her many origin tellings, from the Byrne stuff and then the Bendis stuff. But the Bendis stuff is only covered by the false reality stuff. spoilers:
    White Vision and all that is Byrne's stuff.
    end of spoilers
    "Reverse House of M" refers to this being used to bring mutants into the MCU world, a reversal of how House of M depowered and took mutants out of the world.