Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh? Who was Herb's significant other?
    I could be wrong. I thought he was paired up. Either way, there’s something odd about us hearing about her husband, but not seeing him. She was kind of scared when Herb was about to mention what’s up with the town. Very “battered wife”. Like she doesn’t want to get in trouble for letting a secret out. That’s my take on what’s happening. I think once you get into the bubble of Westville you forget who you were. I’ve seen some articles where Monica makes up the name Geraldine, but I think she didn’t know who she was. If Wanda keeps changing the decades everyone in town is affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I could be wrong. I thought he was paired up. Either way, there’s something odd about us hearing about her husband, but not seeing him. She was kind of scared when Herb was about to mention what’s up with the town. Very “battered wife”. Like she doesn’t want to get in trouble for letting a secret out. That’s my take on what’s happening. I think once you get into the bubble of Westville you forget who you were. I’ve seen some articles where Monica makes up the name Geraldine, but I think she didn’t know who she was. If Wanda keeps changing the decades everyone in town is affected.
    I don't think she's scared of some imaginary husband but either the wrath of Wanda or if something else is controlling this reality.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She is not. Dottie, the other women, Herb, none of them show their significant others. They aren't fleshed out because they are playing roles in an imaginary world. Cheers, Seinfeld, Frasier ... all had the significant other that was never seen. I doubt the rabbit is both.

Mephisto was vaguely a part of the retconned version of the story. He's mostly not even seen and sends Master Pandemonium to claim the children.

Agatha was in Wanda's history from 1974 on. And was always looking out for Wanda. Even when she had her forget her kids, it was to save Wanda from a complete breakdown.

Something sinister is happening. But we don't know what it is yet, so theories like Mephisto are just fan theories and not anything confirmed yet. It's just weird that people grasp for Mephisto instead of Chthon first. The demon that had the most impact on her life. It's like using Mephisto instead of Belasco for Magik.
    Dottie is married to Norm that got fired in the first episode. They legit show them together in this episode.

Mighty Member

I don't think she's scared of some imaginary husband but either the wrath of Wanda or if something else is controlling this reality.
    You’re right. I’ll stop speculating and throwing out theories since you’ve seen all the episodes already. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Dottie is married to Norm that got fired in the first episode. They legit show them together in this episode.
    Oh didn't catch that. But still there are other unpaired ones. It's a fake world. Probably none of these people are really together. Even the Harts.

You’re right. I’ll stop speculating and throwing out theories since you’ve seen all the episodes already. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    So you're the only one allowed to give theories and no one can counter them? lol Ok!
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-23-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Mighty Member

So your the only one allowed to give theories and no one can counter them? lol Ok!
    No I’m saying you’re discounting everything I say because you don’t think the same. It’s fine but legit everything I’ve said that’s possible has just been chucked in the bin by you.

It’s clearly a real town as seen in the end. Reality is off but it does exist. Also probably in NJ like in their book as someone mentioned Hackensack.

No I’m saying you’re discounting everything I say because you don’t think the same. It’s fine but legit everything I’ve said that’s possible has just been chucked in the bin by you.

It’s clearly a real town as seen in the end. Reality is off but it does exist. Also probably in NJ like in their book as someone mentioned Hackensack.
    Sorry, I won't have an opinion different than your's again, because obviously that's something that is wrong.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There could be something more sinister to the rabbit. Rabbits have a long history with witch lore often as a familiar or a harbinger.

Yet the stork was there so long it should have gotten co-billing. Is that representative of something that I'm missing?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

The setting is starting to put me in mind of the JLU episode where Flash, GL and Hawkgirl get thrown into that alt world where the kid with the mental powers is creating the town and the Guild and townspeople and the people are afraid of not doing what they are supposed to. Like the awkward exchange with the ice cream truck driver.

I think Wanda for whatever reason has created this idyllic (to her) world to live in with Vision and is just not aware of the damage and real world threat she is coming across as, hence the military presence as well as SWORD.

I think it will come down to her and Vision facing off either with each other or the forces of SWORD as they come and try to end things. As we saw in the promo they seem to make a pact to fight for their world they are living in.

I also think they are using this series as well as the next Doctor Strange movie to explore the scale of Wanda's powers so they can eventually (possibly) use her in a sort of Flashpoint capacity for the MCU to shake things up in the future. Not saying they 100 percent will, but if they wanted to, they will already have Wanda in play for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    A lot of people have said that Evan Peters would make a good Billy. One possibility I had is that Mephisto is using Wanda to get a human body via her kids and he possesses Billy, so Evan would end up being both Mephisto and eventually Billy too.
    Wasn't Evan Peters rumored to have a role in WandaVision? I was thinking the show would touch upon alternate realities like the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange movies, but having him be Tommy/Speed instead of an alternate Pietro would be a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yet the stork was there so long it should have gotten co-billing. Is that representative of something that I'm missing?
    Aren’t storks generally associated with birth/babies/fertility? Never heard of any sinister stork-related associations.

It's an old wives tale that storks bring babies. Also, Smurfs.

Obviously, but I swear that sequence felt like 15 minutes. I thought it was a neon sign it meant something besides storks bring babies, but nevermind I guess.