Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Whatever the case ends up being, I'm glad the show is starting this year. It'll be the only MCU content for a bit.
    Yea I've seen rumors that even if Falcon and the winter soldier had finished on time, it woulda still be delayed. Because it has to come out after Black widow due to something things set up in the film carrying over. I assume probaly Ross, Yalena, and the Thuderbolts.

Thunderbolts would be pretty cool!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm over Wanda having a mental breakdown. The disassembled and House of M were terrible and it doesn't need to be revisited in the MCU. It will be a relief to see Wanda deal with her issues in a non-destructive matter.
    Quoted for truth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    It feels more like Quoted for story telling issues on Disney plus.

House of M is more of a movie trilogy story arc, it does not need to be on plus, at the same time we have not seen much from Wanda on film. There is more to explore with her that fits her powers beyond what feels like mostly a fluff sitcom where it is daring obviously Disney plus is holding the character back because they are scared of content.

I'm over Wanda having a mental breakdown. The disassembled and House of M were terrible and it doesn't need to be revisited in the MCU. It will be a relief to see Wanda deal with her issues in a non-destructive matter.
    Its not that simple because of her powers. Her powers are destructive in itself. it goes hand in hand, it does not need to be a House of M situation though, Wanda has just never been a light bubbly fluffy house wife character. The trailer made too much point on that.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-25-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

House of M is more of a movie trilogy story arc, it does not need to be on plus, at the same time we have not seen much from Wanda on film. There is more to explore with her that fits her powers beyond what feels like mostly a fluff sitcom where it is daring obviously Disney plus is holding the character back because they are scared of content.

Its not that simple because of her powers. Her powers are destructive in itself. it goes hand in hand, it does not need to be a House of M situation though, Wanda has just never been a light bubbly fluffy house wife character. The trailer made too much point on that.
    She's not a fluffy house wife character. The trailer makes it clear that's not real. Now if her creating this fake reality or someone else we don't know. Nothing light a fluffy about MCU Wanda. Her origin about the Stark bomb landing in her house is rough. She killed like 8 Wakandans on accident, Ripped Ultron "Heart" out while talking ****, had to kill the man she loved, had her brother die in her fist outing, and if Hulk killed anyone in South Africa that's on her.

If you actualy watched the trailer there is a bunch of dark undertones. Also House of M is a horrible Wanda story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She's not a fluffy housewife character. The trailer makes it clear that's not real. Now if her creating this fake reality or someone else we don't know. Nothing light a fluffy about MCU Wanda. Her origin about the Stark bomb landing in her house is rough. She killed like 8 Wakandans on accident, Ripped Ultron "Heart" out while talking ****, had to kill the man she loved, had her brother die in her first outing, and if Hulk killed anyone in South Africa that's on her.

If you actually watched the trailer there is a bunch of dark undertones. Also House of M is a horrible Wanda story.
    All Castle is capable of doing is bitching about the MCU, if you find them on any forum related to the MCU they whine about it not being 100% like the comics and claims everything from the comics is the purest of gold and should be recreated without any change. I bet they actually believe One More Day is a great story and should be the the next Spiderman movie, I'm not talking about the bases for it but that it should be whole movie even if it wouldn't make any f*cking sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    All Castle is capable of doing is bitching about the MCU, if you find them on any forum related to the MCU they whine about it not being 100% like the comics and claims everything from the comics is the purest of gold and should be recreated without any change. I bet they actually believe One More Day is a great story and should be the the next Spiderman movie, I'm not talking about the bases for it but that it should be whole movie even if it wouldn't make any f*cking sense.
    I HATE OMD but it would be hilarious to bring back Maguire and do that story, just for the meltdowns.

BANNED

Do you honestly think it is whining or bitching for using the source material to judge TV shows? I didn't ''whine'' about Daredevil or Legion when I saw their trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She's not a fluffy house wife character. The trailer makes it clear that's not real. Now if her creating this fake reality or someone else we don't know. Nothing light a fluffy about MCU Wanda. Her origin about the Stark bomb landing in her house is rough. She killed like 8 Wakandans on accident, Ripped Ultron "Heart" out while talking ****, had to kill the man she loved, had her brother die in her fist outing, and if Hulk killed anyone in South Africa that's on her.

If you actualy watched the trailer there is a bunch of dark undertones. Also House of M is a horrible Wanda story.
    You mentioned the acts of Wanda as some plot device to films, she has never gotten any personal character story, not that I blame the character, MCU movies are very fast paced action oriented. that been said expensive tv episodes could also work in her favour, the question is how far can they stretch her character and themes of her powers. MCU does not have a track record of succeeding in that.

I trust the show will obviously have some of it but in a world were Legion or The Boys have changed how to do superhero stories on TV, Disney Plus and the CW superhero shows now comes off as generically simple. The promising factor here is Disney plus may not be as censored or as watered down as their live action cinema movies, so Wandavision has the possibility of becoming better than MCU movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-25-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

The housewife stuff is an illusion but also a take on Vision and the Scarlet Witch. There's something going around that she might have fallen asleep in front of a tv, then starts dreaming about what was on tv, then gets trapped in some nightmare. It's plausible. Because the bigger issue for the preview for me is Wanda being so young and from Sokovia would have no exposure to the show references shown in this false reality. So her witnessing it via tv or someone else putting her in this world makes more sense.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The thing I want the most from this show is to see how Wanda coped with her tragedies. We never saw her grieve for Pietro, how she handled the fallout of Civil War. I'm hoping the show can fill in some blanks the movies didn't have the time to.

The thing I want the most from this show is to see how Wanda coped with her tragedies. We never saw her grieve for Pietro, how she handled the fallout of Civil War. I'm hoping the show can fill in some blanks the movies didn't have the time to.
    I hope they finally acknowledge Pietro existed.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean if Wanda already altered reality to bring one loved one back to life...

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean if Wanda already altered reality to bring one loved one back to life...
    Yeah, it wouldn't make any sense for Pietro to not at least be mentioned as being alive in that reality.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The housewife stuff is an illusion but also a take on Vision and the Scarlet Witch. There's something going around that she might have fallen asleep in front of a tv, then starts dreaming about what was on tv, then gets trapped in some nightmare. It's plausible. Because the bigger issue for the preview for me is Wanda being so young and from Sokovia would have no exposure to the show references shown in this false reality. So her witnessing it via tv or someone else putting her in this world makes more sense.
    If the supposed leaks about the first two episodes have any bit of truth to them than Wanda watched the shows as a kid in Sokovia with Pietro, since you know syndication is a thing and dubbed or subbed versions of sitcoms exist in other countries (I took a trip to Greece a few years back and King of Queens was on TV dubbed but it was on). The leak also says that Wanda mentioned watching them with Pietro was the last time she was truly happy and says that she was given and watched the DVD collections of Brady Bunch, Roseanne, Boy Meets World, and other sitcoms. So the illusion being like sitcoms from the 50s-90s makes sense that a war orphan in a war-torn country who has lost her brother and boyfriend in just a few years as well dying and coming back it makes sense that her illusion would be like sitcoms (it doesn't matter if she did it and if she did knowingly or unknowingly): low stakes, happy endings are practically a given, death is rarely if ever brought up let alone focused on, all the things that a person who wants to escape the harsh realities of the real world would want to live in.
    I highly doubt the show will pull the "it was all a dream" route, at least with an illusion where eveyone (since we see Monica being pushed out of it and back to the real world I would think there are more people inside) that is trapped in the illusion is awake it means what they go through will be real enough

If the supposed leaks about the first two episodes have any bit of truth to them than Wanda watched the shows as a kid in Sokovia with Pietro, since you know syndication is a thing and dubbed or subbed versions of sitcoms exist in other countries (I took a trip to Greece a few years back and King of Queens was on TV dubbed but it was on). The leak also says that Wanda mentioned watching them with Pietro was the last time she was truly happy and says that she was given and watched the DVD collections of Brady Bunch, Roseanne, Boy Meets World, and other sitcoms. So the illusion being like sitcoms from the 50s-90s makes sense that a war orphan in a war-torn country who has lost her brother and boyfriend in just a few years as well dying and coming back it makes sense that her illusion would be like sitcoms (it doesn't matter if she did it and if she did knowingly or unknowingly): low stakes, happy endings are practically a given, death is rarely if ever brought up let alone focused on, all the things that a person who wants to escape the harsh realities of the real world would want to live in.
    I highly doubt the show will pull the "it was all a dream" route, at least with an illusion where eveyone (since we see Monica being pushed out of it and back to the real world I would think there are more people inside) that is trapped in the illusion is awake it means what they go through will be real enough
    Well we know it becomes a nightmare at a certain point. It's just finding out who created it. From the synopsis it seems like it's something that Wanda and Vision are unaware of.

King of Queens... ugh I feel bad for them, haha.